Sign in to follow this  
fppilot

Hjet now live in Marketplace

3 minutes ago, JYW said:

this may be a WT G3000 issue?

The WT G3000 mod uses entirely stock nav, flight planning, and AP. Any changes from this would be on the HJet side with the modifications done to the G3000 (if that's the issue).

• Like 1

One flight one crash with memory access violation so far! LOL

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

1 minute ago, MattNischan said:

The WT G3000 mod uses entirely stock nav, flight planning, and AP. Any changes from this would be on the HJet side with the modifications done to the G3000 (if that's the issue).

Thanks Matt.   As per your previous post - the MSFS Marketplace is stating the at the WT G3000 is required to be installed, for VNAV etc. That seems to conflict with what Marwan said on Fabio's stream; that the HJet uses an integrated version of your G3000, with additional coding for VNAV, etc.

I'm going to test the aircraft without the extra G3000 folder in the Community directory now!  😎

Cheers.

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)

@JYW not sure if my info is accurate but i watched some part of the fabio stream yesterday and i don't think you need the WT3000 installed separatly, it's bundled with the aircraft in some way.

Also the developer said that he discovered some issues with VNAV after the file has been submitted to the marketplace and a fix was already implemented and should be available in the marketplace on thursday, not sure if it will fix all the issues you encountered but hopefully it will improve a bit.

🍻

Edited by Bad_T
  • Like 1

I had the WT G3000 mod when I did my flights today and did not experience anything that would cause me to be alarmed. I'm having trouble seeing the small print, but that's just me. 😀

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

25 minutes ago, MattNischan said:

I believe this text may be in error. The Working Title G3000 mod does not have coupled VNAV (it uses all stock nav, flight planning, and AP), and the HJet ships with its own modified version of the WT G3000 which adds this.

Did you see this specification on the Marketplace (screenshot)?

Note:
I do not have WT3000.
Is it the entire Garemin 3000 or just the Garmin Navdata for the HJet?
Sounds like two (supported) products are required.

spacer.png

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

37 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Did you see this specification on the Marketplace

Yes I did. I'm one of the lead Working Title developers and we have been in contact with Marwan a bit throughout the process. I believe this text is incorrect in the description. You should not have to have the Working Title G3000 installed. The HJet ships with its own modified and improved version of the Working Title G3000 which has a custom VNAV implementation by Marwan for the HJet.

37 minutes ago, vonmar said:

Is it the entire Garemin 3000 or just the Garmin Navdata for the HJet?

I'm afraid I don't know what you mean by Garmin navdata here, but it is the whole Garmin G3000 that is included. The navdata it uses is whatever navdata you have installed into the sim (whether that's stock navdata or Navigraph). You do not need to update navdata for the plane or G3000 separately, like you do for the Fenix, PMDG 737, or Maddog.

Edited by MattNischan
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, JYW said:

Ok, results from a test flight from EGHH (Bournemouth) to EGPH (Edinburgh).  This was with WT3000 latest version installed (as per instructions from Marketplace) :-

Postives

• Fantastic modeling
  • Fantastic textures
  • Great sounds (engines a little whiny but suspect this is true to life)
  • Great systems innovation

Negatives (Remember, this is first impressions from one full cycle)

• VNAV was literally all over the place.  TOD / MFD scale appearing, then disappearing.  Wild changes in commanded VS... sometimes -5000 FPM, then it gets too low and (during descent!) commands +3000 FPM.  This was on a published STAR descent with numbers from the INPI1E STAR into Edinburgh.   Had to disconnect in the end as it was intent on killing me.
  • AP Key commands:  Neither Vertical Speed nor Flight Level Change are responding to MSFS key commands (this may be a WT G3000 issue?).   For VS+ and VS- MSFS commands, it worked but each key press was only a 10/-10 FPM change to the AP! (Using the scroll knob with the mouse gives the correct 100/-100 FPM changes.

That's it.  There is a TON to like but I am not going to lie, I am GUTTED about the missing key commands as it's becoming a regular trend and (for me personally, and I know others - not everyone), ruins the fun.  Things happen fast on take off, and trying to get the mouse onto the small click spots to engage FLC or VS, and then the fiddly pitch wheel, was not fun, compared to using eg. 'U' (as I do) to engage FLC, and then '<' and '>' to set the speed.

In other cases, there have been quick fixes to get missing key commands working, so I hope this is the case here.

For the VNAV; more testing needed.  See what others find.  It may have been a one off,

Don't regret buying it - it's a beautiful, clever jet, but I am praying those key commands get fixed!

[EDIT]:  Just seen Matt's post that it may be an error on the Marketplace product page that the WT G3000 needs to be installed (for VNAV).   I did have this installed, and I'm wondering if it messed with / overwrote Marwan's custom code for VNAV, and potentially the AP too.   May explain the problems.   I will test again without the WT G3000 in the Community folder.

Looks like I'll hold off till this is hopefully fixed!

Chris Camp

18 minutes ago, Greazer said:

Does the WT 3000 use default navigation which means there is still an issue with RNAV approaches?

Yes, it does use default nav. However, I still found the HJet a delight to fly, Marwan has done an exceptional job.

We are working on a full G3000 refresh to land this year (like we did with the NXi) which will include the same next-gen nav, and will work with FlightFx and Marwan to make sure to get it integrated on the HJet.

1 minute ago, Kilo60 said:

Just seen Matt's post that it may be an error on the Marketplace product page that the WT G3000 needs to be installed (for VNAV).   I did have this installed, and I'm wondering if it messed with / overwrote Marwan's custom code for VNAV, and potentially the AP too.   May explain the problems.   I will test again without the WT G3000 in the Community folder.

The HJet version of the WT G3000 and the WT mod version are not installed into the same sim location and will not overlap or conflict. It is not possible for them to influence each other, so having the WT G3000 mod installed for your other G3000 planes will not present a problem.

• Like 10

20 minutes ago, Kilo60 said:

Looks like I'll hold off till this is hopefully fixed!

I'm sure any known issues will be rectified expeditiously. I'm happy with my purchase.

19 minutes ago, MattNischan said:

Yes, it does use default nav. However, I still found the HJet a delight to fly, Marwan has done an exceptional job.

We are working on a full G3000 refresh to land this year (like we did with the NXi) which will include the same next-gen nav, and will work with FlightFx and Marwan to make sure to get it integrated on the HJet.

The HJet version of the WT G3000 and the WT mod version are not installed into the same sim location and will not overlap or conflict. It is not possible for them to influence each other, so having the WT G3000 mod installed for your other G3000 planes will not present a problem.

Matt, You and the WT team are the bomb! Thanks for everything that you guys have done for our community.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, MattNischan said:

Yes I did. I'm one of the lead Working Title developers and we have been in contact with Marwan a bit throughout the process. I believe this text is incorrect in the description. You should not have to have the Working Title G3000 installed. The HJet ships with its own modified and improved version of the Working Title G3000 which has a custom VNAV implementation by Marwan for the HJet.

I'm afraid I don't know what you mean by Garmin navdata here, but it is the whole Garmin G3000 that is included. The navdata it uses is whatever navdata you have installed into the sim (whether that's stock navdata or Navigraph). You do not need to update navdata for the plane or G3000 separately, like you do for the Fenix, PMDG 737, or Maddog.

"I'm afraid I don't know what you mean by Garmin navdata here"

Like in this Garmin Navdata video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFNiR8daUbs

Best Regards,

Vaughan Martell - PP-ASEL KDTW

1 minute ago, vonmar said:

Like in this Garmin Navdata video

That video would not be applicable to any simulations. Again, the WT G3000, and by extension, the HJet, uses the navdata that is presently installed into the sim. The stock sim navdata is exceptional for the US and quite good elsewhere, but there is the option to subscribe to Navigraph and install the Navigraph navdata into the sim if you would prefer that. Navigraph uses Jeppesen data as it's navdata source, which is more or less the same as what Garmin uses.

Either way, the navdata is generally good enough no matter which way you go and I wouldn't focus too heavily on that aspect.

• Like 1