Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Fenix A320 - Engine-out weirdiness...

All this thread did was cement my support for FNX and put a bad taste in my mouth for FSLabs...

I guess it also made me excited for the eventual external engine model patch. Hopefully by then ASOBO fixes ground friction and adds surface area to wheels. 

Super excited for what's ahead.

• Like 9

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

The Guy is a FSL beta tester, but what he says has nothing to do with FSL, so I dont see any need for the diggs at FSL, TEST.exe comments or putting FSL down. (easy done I know🙂) If he likes P3D and the FSL, fine its still the best in some ways. 

The Guy has his agender I see no need to hit on FSL becasue of this beta tester/word not allowed. This is not a Fenix v FSL topic its one guy coming out with ill thought out lies. 

People can and should enjoy the Fenix & the FSL if they want to. It does not need to be one or the other. I still think in many ways DCS is the best sim if you want to really build skills, it makes any aircraft you fly in MSFS as hard to flying a 152 is. Nothing in MSFS comes even close to many things in DCS, DCS imo is so much a higher skill level.

Anyway......we dont marry a sim just enjoy as many as you wish or want.

Edited by Nyxx
  • Like 6

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

5 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

The Guy is a FSL beta tester,

After this thread I'm guessing the sentence you should have used is "The Guy was a FSL beta tester..."

• Like 3

3 hours ago, jcomm said:

My next test will be on the latest PMDG 737 update... 

OFC Robert already started issuing excuses like in the past with FSX:

One of the problems we have been trying to crack is "how to damp out the massively violent and unrealistic Asobo Atmospheric Shifts"

the typical - fault is not on our side, it's the core sim - we were used to see in the good old FSX / Ace Game Studios times ...

Let's see how the 737-700 performs under asymmetric thrust...

Independently of the wrong ECAM displays, and other peculiarities I experienced but did not write down in order to properly report, there is nonetheless a major problem with this asymmetric thrust behaviour - flight dynamics and systems modeling wise. The flight dynamics part can well be due to the MFS FM limitations. The systems are custom programmed though, so Fenix will certainly have a few items to address.

Actually, I have posted a trouble ticket on PMDG B737 NG3's OEI handling following a V1 cut.  There is not enough rudder.  For the record, I have a FlightLink professional rudder pedal set. V1 cuts are one of the first things I look at in new sim to see if they have roll/yaw coupling correct.  NG3 does have it largely correct and much better than the FSX/P3D version.  That said, there is not enough rudder authority since, after rotation and climbing at V2, there is not enough rudder to counteract yaw and maintain a straight track with the wings level, a basic part 25 transport category airplane certification requirement. 

PMDG was quite responsive in their reply. They had noted this issue during testing, and it was the result of from workaround made to rudder authority due to limitations in Asobo flight model. Yes...Asobo's flight model is not perfect.  They are looking at tweaking their workaround or possibly waiting until Asobo fixes their issue.  

• Like 4

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS

THIS!!!  This place is plumb crazy at times 😂😂😂

5 hours ago, psychedelic_tortilla said:

Yes, the infamous "Fenix OEO pitch attitude" conspiracy. "Pitch-up-gate", we conspirators call it. 

THIS!!!  This place is plumb crazy at times 😂😂😂

• Like 1

Well, we will see. The Fenix Team right now is for sure busy with other more fundamental stuff (performance and overall issues that stop certain users from even using the plane at all). When this phase is over we will see how capable the team is to fix functional issues independently from the ProSim Team.

I also compiled a small list of stuff and shared it to the Fenix Team. Up to now there is zero reaction.

I’m really surprised that some real world pilot streamers continue to praise even when some aspects that are wrong. Some are also very funny tbh. There are multiple aspects of the normal law laws that I think really need improvement as well as the flare law. The A32NX flare law was criticized by a real world pilot streamers that the flare law isn’t right and it needs too much stick input. Well I now have to use even much more on the Fenix. And the streamer? Says it’s the most realistic FBW ever…ok. What a game is that?

For me personally it’s a big disappointment overall and I really lost trust into the community. I don’t regret anything and beside other reasons I will no longer work on those topics in the future and donate my free time to the community.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Nyxx said:

...I dont see any need for the diggs at FSL, TEST.exe comments or putting FSL down. (easy done I know🙂) If he likes P3D and the FSL, fine its still the best in some ways.

But but but you're spoiling all my fun Dave! 🤣

In fairness to FSL, their A320 P3D product is excellent, although it never ran acceptably on my hardware and I had to remortgage my house to buy it. Oh and it put spyware on my PC. Oh poo I've mentioned it again haven't I? 😜

This is a Fenix thread and yes the Fenix is not perfect. I'm won't mention the FSL again in this thread (at least until I deem it amusing in response to a troll)

Edited by ckyliu
  • Like 1

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

Kinda funny that the FSL beta tester or whatever he is just vanished from the thread.

If anyone from FSL reads this - all you're doing is devaluing your own product with these kinds of tactics. I've seen multiple threads across different forums and it's starting to feel like a coordinated campaign. If you are confident about your product, you don't need to do this kind of drip-drip negative campaign. 

Release your product and let it stand on its own merits. If the FSLabs A320 is so amazing, you don't need to knock a competitor, do you?

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, AGuther said:

I don’t regret anything and beside other reasons I will no longer work on those topics in the future and donate my free time to the community.

Good. Bye.

30 minutes ago, AGuther said:

I don’t regret anything and beside other reasons I will no longer work on those topics in the future and donate my free time to the community.

But Andreas, your Autopilot and FBW are really top notch! You shouldn't get disappointed by that 😞

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

4 hours ago, flyingpauls said:

To call beta testers paid is rude

Not paying beta testers is the worst practice in the software industry. It is work and therefore needs to be paid and not by the benefit of being "granted" the opportunity to use a product sooner than anyone else. 😉

4 hours ago, F737MAX said:

Plus, pilots at mainline carriers are renowned for earning minimum wage and always looking for streaming side gigs to supplement their pittance of an income.

You did forget that many of them were grounded or even laid off during the last two years due to a little global pandemic...

15 minutes ago, FlyingGoose said:

Kinda funny that the FSL beta tester or whatever he is just vanished from the thread.

If anyone from FSL reads this - all you're doing is devaluing your own product with these kinds of tactics. I've seen multiple threads across different forums and it's starting to feel like a coordinated campaign. If you are confident about your product, you don't need to do this kind of drip-drip negative campaign. 

Release your product and let it stand on its own merits. If the FSLabs A320 is so amazing, you don't need to knock a competitor, do you?

I wouldn't even consider installing any word not allowed aircraft on my PC from FSL, period. 

spacer.png

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020  PMDG 777    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310