Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Fenix A320 - Engine-out weirdiness...

5 hours ago, jcomm said:

No Andrew, I was referreing to the ZFW / ZFWCoG and V-speeds entries.

Well, again, I don't know how this might work in the Fenix, but yes, this data often uplinks in the real world after the ramp and gate submit their final numbers, and the weight and balance folks (central load planning at my company) push final numbers.  If you do a takeoff data request via ACARS, the new data will uplink as well. 

There's a real safety benefit to not requiring this data to be entered by hand.  That simply invites errors.  I can't remember the last time I had to manually enter a Z weight or V speeds (outside of the simulator, where training scenarios - especially on MV day - often dictate pounding the takeoff data in several times.)

• Like 2

Andrew Crowley

1 hour ago, AGuther said:

For me personally it’s a big disappointment overall and I really lost trust into the community. I don’t regret anything and beside other reasons I will no longer work on those topics in the future and donate my free time to the community.

Guther, the FBW A320 has done a lot of things right. Fenix is the new thing, with an incredible dev team that is a breath of fresh air compared to the often-times hostile and rude competition, and so it's only natural for the FNX bus to take the attention. But all of us who have been flying the FBW since day one do notice a few missing things: Like the physics on the hydraulic door (even aerodynamic forces if it's in flight!) or the accurate droop, or cool boarding sounds.

Your companions making the A380 will probably be the "next big thing" that we won't stop talking about, and those same streamers will make it the talk of the town. Don't get discouraged. To the vast majority of us, you and the FBW team are just as respected around these parts as Aamir. 💖

Edited by WestAir
  • Like 10
  • Upvote 2

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

As a new MSFS user, I really appreciate the dedication of the FBW team. Keep up the great work!

• Like 1

Fulcrum One Yoke / FSProjects Airbus Side Stick, Honeycomb Bravo, Slaw Device RX Viper V2

Intel i9 10900K, EVGA 3080Ti FTW, 32GB RAM

18 minutes ago, Stearmandriver said:

Well, again, I don't know how this might work in the Fenix, but yes, this data often uplinks in the real world after the ramp and gate submit their final numbers, and the weight and balance folks (central load planning at my company) push final numbers.  If you do a takeoff data request via ACARS, the new data will uplink as well. 

There's a real safety benefit to not requiring this data to be entered by hand.  That simply invites errors.  I can't remember the last time I had to manually enter a Z weight or V speeds (outside of the simulator, where training scenarios - especially on MV day - often dictate pounding the takeoff data in several times.)

Well,

in the jumpseat flights I did in A320s I saw them filling up that info manually ( AIr Portugal  and old Air Luxor ), pretty much like in this video:

A320 - Filling up MCDU basics - YouTube

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

1 hour ago, jarmstro said:

Good. Bye.

Don't be disrespectful!!, Andres has spent his precious time to work on the awesome FBW mod and he did the awesome autopilot and FBW modules from scratch. We are always appreciating his work

• Like 13
  • Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

21 minutes ago, WestAir said:

Guther, the FBW A320 has done a lot of things right. Fenix is the new thing, with an incredible dev team that is a breath of fresh air compared to the often-times hostile and rude competition, and so it's only natural for the FNX bus to take the attention. But all of us who have been flying the FBW since day one do notice a few missing things: Like the physics on the hydraulic door (even aerodynamic forces if it's in flight!) or the accurate droop, or cool boarding sounds.

Your companions making the A380 will probably be the "next big thing" that we won't stop talking about, and those same streamers will make it the talk of the town. Don't get discouraged. To the vast majority of us, you and the FBW team are just as respected around these parts as Aamir. 💖

Thanks for the appreciation to the team. I hope the great majority is continuing their work because it has been outstanding in many ways. The A32NX is in many aspects not finished but on a good way even when it is not recognized as such.

On the A380 I can only tell that whatever happens in regards to FBW, ATHR and AP it might be based on the work that I‘ve done, but I will not work on it as I won‘t do any further work on the A32NX. It will mean a lot of additional hours (up to now it‘s around 1500 h) and I‘m not ready for this for various reasons. There are a few other very talented devs around so I hope everything goes well.

But it makes me sad seeing people being so rude not only for myself but also for all other devs that donate their time and energy to the community.

It seems the error is that I do care…

Edited by AGuther
  • Like 11
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, mrcultureshock said:

As a new MSFS user, I really appreciate the dedication of the FBW team. Keep up the great work!

I agree. For two years they've kept my interest in the sim and I've really enjoyed the FBW. But to come here and throw a wobbly once there is some competition.? Hmmm.. 

Edited by jarmstro
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, AGuther said:

On the A380 I can only tell that whatever happens in regards to FBW, ATHR and AP it might be based on the work that I‘ve done but I will not work on it as I won‘t to any further work on the A32NX. It will mean a lot of additional hours (up to now it‘s around 1500 h) and I‘m not ready for this for various reasons. There are a few other very talented devs around so I hope everything goes well.

But it makes me sad seeing people being so rude not only for myself but also for all other devs that donate their time and energy to the community.

We are going to miss you :(. It is sad indeed that you won't contributing to FBW but I can understand how much time consuming it is.

Please don't listen to those haters and ignore them, they are just bunch of moaners 

Edited by omarsmak30
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, AGuther said:

It seems the error is that I do care…

They truly are the vocal minority. Even the most cold-hearted and stoic AVSIM'er appreciates your work. It's no exaggeration that you and the team single-handedly kept the majority of MSFS Airliner folk from going back to their previous sims. The FBW A32NX certainly kept MSFS installed on my PC. So thanks. And word-not-allowed the few who would seriously tell you "good-bye".

I think you've earned a bit of space to vent.

Edited by WestAir
  • Like 9

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

1 minute ago, jarmstro said:

But to come here and throw a wobbly  once there is some competition

Why on earth you think on a competition?? Those people of FBW have been contributing to this project out of their precious time and effort while they have families. They did that because of their love to the hobby. So the least you can do, give them the valued respect they deserve. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, omarsmak30 said:

Why on earth you think on a competition?? Those people of FBW have been contributing to this project out of their precious time and effort while they have families. They did that because of their love to the hobby. So the least you can do, give them the valued respect they deserve. 

I do give them my respect. But why then the need for his tantrum? People have now moved from the FBW to the Fenix. That's life.

1 minute ago, jarmstro said:

I do give them my respect. But why then the need for his tantrum? People have now moved from the FBW to the Fenix. That's life.

So you assume everyone moved from FBW to Fenix ? 😄 What kind of non-sense is that. There are bunch are flying only FBW and there are bunch (like myself) flying both 

• Like 1

Just now, omarsmak30 said:

So you assume everyone moved from FBW to Fenix ? 😄 What kind of non-sense is that. There are bunch are flying only FBW and there are bunch (like myself) flying both 

Well sure. Of course not everyone has. I meant somethings got his back up. And I presume it's the fact that the Fenix has taken the limelight and that very many people have switched.

To be fair, *some* (and by all means a small minority) of FBW related devs/others have awkwardly tried to throw shade at the Fenix A320 on the Fenix discord over the past year+.  But that by no means speaks to the FBW team overall.. they are a collection of independent passionate devs volunteering their time to bring us the A320 NX and what I look most forward to, the big kahuna A380!

• Like 2

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

I have got to say that I don't really care if XYZ is 0.234% out or the pitch trim is 0.1134% wrong. When I fly the Fenix A320 it just feels like I am flying an airbus and it is so addictively fun! The same is true of the FBW but the difference is that it is nice to have all systems simulated. 

If you are a real world pilot then sure you are going to notice these things but the vast majority of us do not give a flying %66g.  

• Like 2

Specs: 11900K (5ghz), 64GB ram 3600mhz, RTX 3080 ti