Sign in to follow this  
Paladin2005

PMDG Officially enforces a copyright takedown on 737 cockpit

Regards, Jan Ast

Win 11 PC | Ryzen 7800 X3D | RTX 3080 Ti | LG 42 C2
Cockpit 😉 | TrackIR 5 | Octavia IFR-1 | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil CM3 Throttle, Virpil Sharka Control Panel | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | TM TPM Rudder

Meanwhile, at Fenix;

4HlnZIG.png

• Like 12

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

I have a strong suspicion, that the claims about Boeing and their copyright requirements might be word not allowed. I can't imagine Airbus being that much different. I mean... who won't buy a plane or board one because he saw some imagine from a flightsim with funny colours?

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

With all the research PMDG has done to make the look of their cockpit authentic, I don't see why anyone would MOD it.  But that's just me... 😏

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

8 minutes ago, kakihara123 said:

I have a strong suspicion, that the claims about Boeing and their copyright requirements might be word not allowed. I can't imagine Airbus being that much different. I mean... who won't buy a plane or board one because he saw some imagine from a flightsim with funny colours?

Nope. Boeing has given PMDG carte blanche to texture their VC's as they see fit. 

21 minutes ago, Dillon said:

I don't see why anyone would MOD it.  

Make it look better?

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Paul K said:

Cue the PMDG/RSR bashing - it's been at least 3 or 4 days.

The quite comparable Aerosoft bashing lasted for weeks.

• Like 1

Regards, Jan Ast

Win 11 PC | Ryzen 7800 X3D | RTX 3080 Ti | LG 42 C2
Cockpit 😉 | TrackIR 5 | Octavia IFR-1 | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil CM3 Throttle, Virpil Sharka Control Panel | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | TM TPM Rudder

24 minutes ago, Dillon said:

With all the research PMDG has done to make the look of their cockpit authentic, I don't see why anyone would MOD it.  But that's just me... 😏

Because they’ve been know to be dissapointingly inaccurate. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Paladin2005 said:

The quite comparable Aerosoft bashing lasted for weeks.

It’s been years for both technically. 

27 minutes ago, Paul K said:

Cue the PMDG/RSR bashing - it's been at least 3 or 4 days.

Well yeah as someone who has had no interaction with PMDG before buying their 737 and trying to keep an open mind about how Randazzo  and his company operates, They  kinda do themselves no favors. 

Mind you the product is good (in my opinion) but i probably will hesitate greatly before going onto PMDG's forum to discuss anything. Something about Randazzos personality and some of the personalities that support him are  a little off putting. 

Mind you, if someone goes to the forums complaining of something like simbrief integration (or their claim for lack of it) just point them in the right direction or just answer the question and move on but some of the responses on there seems like the norm is a tar and feather fest. 

Another fiasco was one of Avsims Mods being sanctioned with points warning for trying to very respectfully clear the air regarding a valid concern over LNAV 2 support for P3D products that was promised.

like i said .. decent product. used it up to last night but hesitate to interact with them. 

I can only hope that i dont have to interact with them as time goes on.

Edited by Maxis
  • Like 11
  • Upvote 3

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

I'd rather fly the default Cessna 152 in FS98 than fly Randazzo's stuff in FS2020. Guy is a legend, just ask him, he'll tell you. 

• Like 18
  • Upvote 3

Eric 

this stuff makes otherwise boring long IFR flights on autopilot so much more fun: nothing more entertaining than RSR educating his congregation. we are amused.

• Like 2

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

It's hubris like this that drives me away from payware aircraft and towards community projects. 

• Upvote 2