Sign in to follow this  
enright

When and where is the WU X announcement?

5 minutes ago, DJJose said:

This was unexpected.

Hand-Crafted Airport
• KAVX – Catalina Airport
• PAVD – Valdez Airport
• KTVL – Lake Taho Airport
• KBID – Block Island Airport

Yeah lots of good stuff in this one!

10 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

Interestingly the main app update started automatically when I ran the sim, rather than having to go to MS Store or XBox App.
That is a substantial improvement

Definitely a step in the right direction. Now they just need to address the chunkiness of the content updates. I noticed the auto-update downloads the new bush trips, points of interest, etc... but I bet most users still don't know they need to go to the marketplace and download the actual world update to take full advantage of those new things.

I like the launcher update though - one less step is a good thing.

1 minute ago, enright said:

but I bet most users still don't know they need to go to the marketplace and download the actual world update to take full advantage of those new things.

Then they were sound asleep during the last two years.

10 World Updates, and the process has always been the same.

1 minute ago, Dermot McClusky said:

The payware vs free debate, I think, is a non-starter. I've bought scenery knowing full-well it may be covered for free in the future, and I have no regrets (and it's not as if they've broken promises to us or something). The payware scene is big and getting bigger every day, and I think it's unrealistic for MS to just keep a running list and ignore what's available for purchase.

In the grand scheme of things I'm just happy there's more scenery getting pumped out regularly. 

I understand. But if this is exactly the same airport, why is Gaya still selling it? Unless it’s a lower quality version. I don’t have any problems with the same airport being covered, but this time it’s the same developer. In theory, someone can buy it from Orbx today not knowing that this exact same copy is available for free… 

• Like 3

Yeah, plenty updates in the Content Manager for previous World Updates incl Italy. Maybe the Rome forests have been fixed.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Is everyone ignoring the fact that they introduced code changes in a WU when they said they will no longer do this?

Did the content guys learn to code or what now? Will they fix their bugs? I'm so confused!

26 minutes ago, FAZZ3 said:

I was really hoping for something in South America, Asia, or Middle East. 

Yes, me too. especially Turkey would be nice or africa could need a update, but yeah middle east in general also!

So what happens to my payware KAVX or KBID? Will this update overwrite these addons?

• Like 1

Jay

| PPL ASEL |
| i9-9900k | MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming Trio 24Gb | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E | G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3200Mhz | 32' 4K HDR | Windows 11

7 minutes ago, SubtotalGuide said:

I'm so confused!

For once you said something I can agree with 😛 

Edit: Sorry, couldn't resist. But at least I'm being honest

Edited by pstrub
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

2 minutes ago, Mets737 said:

So what happens to my payware KAVX or KBID? Will this update overwrite these addons?

You’ll have to uninstall one or the other. Your payware or your new WUX upgrades. Can’t have both active at the same time. 

Just now, btacon said:

You’ll have to uninstall one or the other. Your payware or your new WUX upgrades. Can’t have both active at the same time. 

Which one is better? I haven't installed the update yet...

I basically paid for the free version that was released today?

im confused lol

Jay

| PPL ASEL |
| i9-9900k | MSI GeForce RTX 4090 Gaming Trio 24Gb | ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E | G.Skill Trident Z RGB DDR4 3200Mhz | 32' 4K HDR | Windows 11

7 minutes ago, SubtotalGuide said:

Is everyone ignoring the fact that they introduced code changes in a WU when they said they will no longer do this?

Did the content guys learn to code or what now? Will they fix their bugs? I'm so confused!

Moan, moan, moan, moan, moan. Literally every post of yours in this thread is moaning about something. My goodness.

Just go and do some flying, take your mind off it.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Tuskin38 said:

Who did that new local legend aircraft? Carenado?

Edited by alexcolka

Alexander Colka

11 minutes ago, Mets737 said:

Which one is better? I haven't installed the update yet...

I basically paid for the free version that was released today?

im confused lol

Exactly… even if you go on Gaya website right now, payware Block Island is on the front page. I am so confused by this….

• Like 1