Sign in to follow this  
enright

When and where is the WU X announcement?

23 minutes ago, SubtotalGuide said:

Is everyone ignoring the fact that they introduced code changes in a WU when they said they will no longer do this?

They never said that. What they said is they'd no longer do major code changes.

And looking at the patch notes, there's nothing major in there.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, kakihara123 said:

There will be even more USA WU. Why? because it is a very big area and naturally the first WU for the USA hos not nearly covered everything. As always those updates are not mainly what they want to do, but what they can do. And it just logical that the USA have lots of Data. Yeah it would be nice to have the area that didn't receive updates yet, but there is a reason that isn't happening yet. 

Exactly correct. Look at it this way - the US is about twice the size of Europe in terms of land area. Europe has had what, six World Updates? Italy, France, Spain, Germany, Nordics & UK? If anything, the US is way behind in terms of updates per square mile of area 🙂

ANY free update is an awesome update though!

Edited by enright
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 3

1 hour ago, riverreveal said:

Amazing news about the update! Can't wait to try this out later. Not sure why anyone would be peeved its the 2nd pass at USA. The country is huge and it's not as if Europe was covered in 1 WU.

You do know there are other places than USA and Europe....

• Upvote 2

Call me INK
-- A220 not by choice

Just now, Ink-With-Gold said:

Really, I never knew that.....🙄

• Like 1
  • Upvote 4

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

13 minutes ago, Ink-With-Gold said:

The Moon?

• Like 1

I think the elevation in Alaska was improved. Some mountains seem sharper.

Pretty boring to do USA again, would've much preferred India or a couple of African Nations or South America. Still I guess Microsoft need to keep their shareholders happy.

• Like 2

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

8 minutes ago, Ink-With-Gold said:

You do know that I didn't decide to pick USA as WU10? But Microsoft did and they have given it to us for free. I can't wait for more of the world to be covered, but at no point did I pay for MSFS under the understanding that the whole world was going to be updated one area after another. If they want to give us free updates then I will enjoy them for the effort that has been put into them.

• Like 4

I don't have KDEN or KDFW memorized enough to recognize the changes listed in the patch notes.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, MarcG said:

Pretty boring to do USA again, would've much preferred India or a couple of African Nations or South America. Still I guess Microsoft need to keep their shareholders happy.

or the Users happy. 

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

29 minutes ago, MarcG said:

Yeah I've read several stock market analysts saying that Microsofts stock would plummet if they released an African or SA world update today. Isn't capitalism just wonderful...

• Like 1

• India / Pakistan
  • South East Asia (Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei, Papua! )
  • Middle East (Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, Saudi, Yemen, Jordan)
  • China
  • Russia (Yes, it's still on the world map last I checked and it's huge)
  • Baltic Region and Turkey (Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania)
  • Scandinavia (Norway, Sweden, Finland)
  • Mediterranean (Morocco, Greece, Malta, Egypt, Jerusalem, Lebanon, Tunisia)
  • Horn of Africa (Cape Town, Johannesburg, with Mozambique and Madagascar added)
  • Safari regions and more fauna as part of a general Africa update
  • Central America (Mexico, Panama, Honduras, and all of the Caribbean region, Jamaica, Haiti, etc...)
  • South America (Take your pick.. Brazil, Chile, Argentina, Bolivia)

That's all and good, but alas, no, let's release a Halo space craft and do USA again so we keep exploring the same places over and over, defeating the entire purpose of the sim and the discovery tours. I'm shaking with rage and anger. 

Okay, maybe not that much, but it's disappointing. Off to Florida again I guess...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Call me INK
-- A220 not by choice

1 hour ago, Mets737 said:

Which one is better? I haven't installed the update yet...

I basically paid for the free version that was released today?

im confused lol

It looks like Block Island is identical to the Gaya retail version except that the WU version doesn‘t include the static airplanes parked on the apron.

3 minutes ago, Ink-With-Gold said:
  • India / Pakistan
  • South East Asia (Indonesia, Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei, Papua! )
  • Middle East (Qatar, Oman, Bahrain, Saudi, Yemen, Jordan)
  • China
  • Russia (Yes, it's still on the world map last I checked and it's huge)
  • Baltic Region and Turkey (Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania)
  • Scandinavia (Norway, Sweden, Finland)
  • Mediterranean (Morocco, Greece, Malta, Egypt, Jerusalem, Lebanon, Tunisia)
  • Horn of Africa (Cape Town, Johannesburg, with Mozambique and Madagascar added)
  • Safari regions and more fauna as part of a general Africa update
  • Central America (Mexico, Panama, Honduras, and all of the Caribbean region, Jamaica, Haiti, etc...)
  • South America (Take your pick.. Brazil, Chile, Argentina, Bolivia)

Here are the top ten countries ranked by amount of passenger air travel (from Wikipedia):

Rank Country Airline passengers carried Year
1 23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png United States 926,737,000 2019
2 23px-Flag_of_the_People%27s_Republic_of_ China 659,629,070 2019
3 23px-Flag_of_Ireland.svg.png Ireland 170,161,850 2019
4 23px-Flag_of_India.svg.png India 167,499,120 2019
5 23px-Flag_of_the_United_Kingdom.svg.png United Kingdom 142,392,530 2019
6 23px-Flag_of_Japan.svg.png Japan 130,233,350 2019
7 23px-Flag_of_Russia.svg.png Russia 115,482,740 2019
8 23px-Flag_of_Turkey.svg.png Turkey 111,028,630 2019
9 23px-Flag_of_Germany.svg.png Germany 109,633,750 2019
10 22px-Flag_of_Brazil.svg.png Brazil 102,917,550 2019

The next few logical countries would be China, Ireland, and India. They only JUST completed the Chinese localization - so it certainly makes sense that they haven't focused on it previously, but I wouldn't be surprised if that was next. 

BTW - I'm surprised that Ireland has more passenger traffic than the UK. I get that it's a huge hub, but I thought Heathrow was much busier that either Dublin or Shannon.