Sign in to follow this  
enright

When and where is the WU X announcement?

Interestingly the main app update started automatically when I ran the sim, rather than having to go to MS Store or XBox App.
That is a substantial improvement

unknown.png

Edited by Matchstick
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

So wait, I thought World Updates were server-side since WU9? Why have we reverted to having to update the client again?

Wonder what changes they sneaked into the code this time. Was there any beta testing?

Edited by SubtotalGuide

yeah I think Europe got like 6 of them or something

PS: Was also hoping atlanta would get a touch up.  Still showing the old red terminal buildings in parts as well as poor quality runway/taxiway

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

6 minutes ago, micstatic said:

yeah I think Europe got like 6 of them or something

PS: Was also hoping atlanta would get a touch up.  Still showing the old red terminal buildings in parts as well as poor quality runway/taxiway

only existing airports touched up according to the patch notes are KDEN, KORD and KDFW

I’ll be curious to see how the handcrafted KAVX and KBID versions compare to the ORBX ones that I own.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

yeah I wish they ignored anything covered by payware.  But that's just me perhaps

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

6 minutes ago, micstatic said:

yeah I wish they ignored anything covered by payware.  But that's just me perhaps

Ya that's an interesting topic... some complaints already on the official forums about payware now covered for free by MSFS or included wholesale from that 3PD for free (https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/discussion-poll-world-update-x-united-states-and-us-territories-1-26-5-0/523865/8?u=lwtxb)... I guess those who purchase payware do so for the advantage of enjoying it early, always with the risk that whether it's scenery or aircraft it could be potentially provided for free some time in the future

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 2

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

Seriously disappointed with their decision to do USA again for a world update. The USA is already well represented in the flight sim arena.

The world has a very diverse set of landscapes, so this was a missed opportunity to showcase another region and it’s beauty.

I was really hoping for something in South America, Asia, or Middle East. 

• Like 3

I'm getting updates for the small (kBytes) photogrammetry packages from previous world updates. If we're really lucky, they changed something to reduce the stutter problems we've been getting since SU8 or 9... Will check once finished downloading, but probably wishful thinking, as there's nothing mentioned in the release notes

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

Valdez Airport is enough to make me very happy about this update. Orbx Valdez was one of my favourite Alaska destinations in P3D, and will be the first place I visit after I download the update 🙂 

• Like 1

But the payware Block Island which I have bought is actually from Gaya… if it’s a different developer it’s one thing, but this time it’s exactly the same airport?!? I mean.. it’s still on sale everywhere.. why if it’s free now? I don’t get it…

• Like 2

This is the first time I do not care to update immediately.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

This was unexpected.

Hand-Crafted Airport
• KAVX – Catalina Airport
• PAVD – Valdez Airport
• KTVL – Lake Taho Airport
• KBID – Block Island Airport

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

The payware vs free debate, I think, is a non-starter. I've bought scenery knowing full-well it may be covered for free in the future, and I have no regrets (and it's not as if they've broken promises to us or something). The payware scene is big and getting bigger every day, and I think it's unrealistic for MS to just keep a running list and ignore what's available for purchase.

In the grand scheme of things I'm just happy there's more scenery getting pumped out regularly. 

• Like 4