Sign in to follow this  
enright

When and where is the WU X announcement?

It was fun watching the live announcement of the 40th anniversary edition during the XBOX Showcase on Sunday.

I got the impression that WU X is also going to be disclosed during an event today - but I can't seem to find the event. 

Have they disclosed which stream or broadcast the announcement will be made on? Does anyone have a link?

Thanks!

You can watch it on the official Xbox Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/xbox

At least that's what i suppose... 

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

I’m very interested to see what could be in WU10 to warrant all the extra pomp and circumstance.

I hope it’s Canada but I doubt that would generate this much hype.  Maybe it’s a different type/scale of WU than we’ve seen before.

Either way I guess we don’t have to wait long now.

• Like 4

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

3 minutes ago, regis9 said:

I’m very interested to see what could be in WU10 to warrant all the extra pomp and circumstance.

I hope it’s Canada but I doubt that would generate this much hype.  Maybe it’s a different type/scale of WU than we’ve seen before.

It's going to be an accurate recreation of the moon, and you get to play as the Halo character.

9 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Canada, Alaska, Caribbean.  Any of those would be nice.  

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Really really hoping for never-done-before areas like caribbean, south america, africa, south asia, southeast asia, oceania, etc. If not, then maybe some world-wide improvement or something beyond the usual WU, to warrant this "secrecy" 🙂

• Like 3

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

Personally I'm not expecting anything to justify the secrecy, just a standard WU update that's being treated like this because MS want to use it to pad out their presentation.

Sure they'll hype it and show a pretty video but I don't think we're getting anything we haven't seen before.

('Course by managing my expectations this way, I can be delighted if it does turn out to be amazing 😉 )

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, steve310002 said:

It's going to be an accurate recreation of the moon, and you get to play as the Halo character.

Ha I actually had that thought too, moon or Mars.  Prepare for these forums to melt down if that is the case 

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

11 minutes ago, micstatic said:

Canada, Alaska, Caribbean.  Any of those would be nice.  

Absolutely agree, all could use some more love and are fantastic places to fly.

• Like 1

Dave

3 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

Personally I'm not expecting anything to justify the secrecy, just a standard WU update that's being treated like this because MS want to use it to pad out their presentation.

That's what it sounded like to me as well, when Jorg mentioning they had to wait to reveal it. The way he worded it.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Upvote 2

25 minutes ago, regis9 said:

Found it by searching Gamecon on YouTube. At the rate they are going, we will be waiting a very long time.

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

Yup watching it now on https://www.twitch.tv/xbox ... also being shown on youtube and various other places.  I realize many of you don't care to watch/listen to all of it but for those who're interested in all else that MS/Bethesda are doing in the gaming world this is a useful distraction from afternoon work 🙂 (personally I'm interested in Forza Motorsport, Starfield, Elder Scrolls, etc)

you

Edited by lwt1971

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

4 minutes ago, RaptyrOne said:

Found it by searching Gamecon on YouTube. At the rate they are going, we will be waiting a very long time.

I mean, it's a 1.5 hour showcase of multiple games, so it's not unexpected that it'll just be one small part of the event. Just think of it like lining up for take-off at a particularly busy airport 😄