Sign in to follow this  
lwt1971

First A2A Comanche preview

1 hour ago, ryanbatc said:

Surprised this thread isnt busier.  A2A usually is the cream of the crop.  Perhaps people are bored with piston singles?

Now that is funny!🙃

13 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

...Perhaps people are bored with piston singles?

Possibly.  It is obviously the most populous type in MSFS now, and probably any sim.  I have so many that there are some I will probably never fly again in the sim now.
How many do we need?

I am still loving the RY Bonanza, and the other Bonanza improvement project.  Then there is my trusty Piaggio P.147 I still love, and the JF Warriors.

I have the Grob, the Bulldog, and the Jabiru, and lots of the MSFS default singles are also pretty good (Cirrus, DA40, the cubs, even the Pipistrel Virus).  The Got Gravel stuff is also great.  

I even love the C152 improvement project and the default C172's - let's face it, we are being spoilt now.  I wish someone would do a real in-depth C172 though.

I will look at any A2A offering, but these days, there are no more instant buys.  I do think we have a great selection of developers now though, and it is still growing.

Are there any more 'cherished' developers left to come over to MSFS after A2A release the Comanche? 

PS. Forgot to mention the Carenado Mooney - still pretty good.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

15 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Possibly.  It is obviously the most populous type in MSFS now, and probably any sim.  I have so many that there are some I will probably never fly again in the sim now.
How many do we need?

I am still loving the RY Bonanza, and the other Bonanza improvement project.  Then there is my trusty Piaggio P.147 I still love, and the JF Warriors.

I have the Grob, the Bulldog, and the Jabiru, and lots of the MSFS default singles are also pretty good (Cirrus, DA40, the cubs, even the Pipistrel Virus).  The Got Gravel stuff is also great.  

I even love the C152 improvement project and the default C172's - let's face it, we are being spoilt now.  I wish someone would do a real in-depth C172 though.

I will look at any A2A offering, but these days, there are no more instant buys.  I do think we have a great selection of developers now though, and it is still growing.

Are there any more 'cherished' developers left to come over to MSFS after A2A release the Comanche? 

You need to get the Sting 😄

• Like 1

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

18 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

How many do we need?

Best I have found so far, for GA, is the Milviz C 310.  

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

15 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

Surprised this thread isnt busier.  A2A usually is the cream of the crop.  Perhaps people are bored with piston singles?

No, but I'm about 40% into RTW trip in the Just Flight Arrow, so another GA isn't going to get much use for a little while. I'm very glad to see A2A coming into MSFS of course.

• Like 1

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

4 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

How many do we need?

Two singles I can never get away from, C152 improvement mod and the Piaggio. Always have to fire them up, when I cant quite choose one of the others to loaf around in. The Sting is another one, when I just can't quite decide.

• Like 1

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

1 hour ago, jimcarrel said:

Two singles I can never get away from, C152 improvement mod and the Piaggio. Always have to fire them up, when I cant quite choose one of the others to loaf around in. The Sting is another one, when I just can't quite decide.

A lot of people are talking about the Sting.  I might have to consider it.  The new TB30 Epsilon also appeals to me.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

56 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

The new TB30 Epsilon also appeals to me.

Me as well...although its lacking a simple autopilot.  In real world many planes can be trimmed so the aircraft hardly moves at all - like the one I fly.  But in the sim I find it difficult to trim so precisely especially on a long flight.  I think I read somewhere they were considering adding a basic AP.

• Like 3

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Some A2A news:

The current Accu-Sim Comanche continues to be worked on at a feverish pace and we're just days from Dudley test flying it, then if all goes well, to our beta team.

Every aspect of Accu-Sim has been re-done with the future in mind. This new system is light years ahead of what we had before and will carry us 10 years or more into the future.

However we can still experience delays. Once the beta team has it for say two weeks, we will know more about its true release state.

https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=73931

• Like 7

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

5 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

Some A2A news:

Every aspect of Accu-Sim has been re-done with the future in mind. This new system is light years ahead of what we had before and will carry us 10 years or more into the future.

https://a2asimulations.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=73931

Now that sounds very interesting! 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Now that sounds very interesting! 

Wait until you read Scott's next post in the thread. Marketing spiel aside, that's a highly interesting comment.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

18 minutes ago, F737MAX said:

Wait until you read Scott's next post in the thread. Marketing spiel aside, that's a highly interesting comment.

Yes - amazing.  He seems really excited about it himself, and after all these years of development on different sims, that is really saying something.  I am sure the Comanche will be a big hit in the sim next year.

• Like 2

A2A is the last big developer that I've been waiting for in MSFS. I have never owned one of their airplanes, but I was close to purchasing one for P3D. When MSFS was announced, I decided not to. Can't wait to try one soon.

Edited by MDFlier
  • Like 2

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

About 3 years ago, A2A were considering a new version of their B-17. I assume it was put on hold, what with the release of MSFS, the pandemic and so on. Now that Accusim has been perfected for MSFS, no doubt they will renew their GA range, but might development of the new Fortress also resume, I wonder ?  At Cosford, I asked Scott about the possibility of a de-militarized version of the aircraft, as used for survey work post-WW2, and he seemed amenable to the idea. The Marketplace's 'no weapons' stipulation might encourage A2A to produce such a model. Anyway, whatever they do, I'm also looking forward to seeing A2A in this sim. It's been a long wait.

• Like 1

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

5 hours ago, Paul K said:

About 3 years ago, A2A were considering a new version of their B-17. I assume it was put on hold, what with the release of MSFS, the pandemic and so on. 

They went forward with it -- A2A did release the B-17 for P3D, it's in their store.  It wasn't that long ago, probably in early 2021.  I can't remember exactly.

Speaking of 4-engine WW2 bombers, I think there is a Lancaster in development...by Aeroplane Heaven possibly?

• Upvote 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB