Sign in to follow this  
St Mawgan

Famous Flyer 3

Darn I already have that model from BRsim designs. 

53 minutes ago, Republic DC9 said:

Awesome!  Love your repaints so far on this one, if you find a real-world orange and chocolate brown livery to re-create I'd be very thankful!  (Sorry, born in 1975! 🙂 )

I just love this plane....maybe my best $15.88 spent this whole year (including pizzas!)

I've got a basic one but ideally I'd like to get that off white almost cream look for the fuselage.  We'll see.

52295369058_8cb32018e8_k.jpgUntitled-2 by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

• Like 8

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

If you get this add-on for the H35, the cockpit looks really nice. https://flightsim.to/file/31324/textura-cockpit-bonanza-h35-cockpit-bonanza-h35-texture

I agree the plane looks weird from the outside, but with this add-on and the 750GNS it's not a bad plane if you stay inside the cockpit. Seems to fly fine. How much better is the flight model of this new V35 over the BrSim plane?

• Like 2

In case anyone was wondering how the cockpit looked at night....  dimmable backlighting on the avionics and inst panel/eng inst.  There is an overhead light but it basically points directly into my lap so maybe a chart lamp?  I don't see any flood lighting unless I missed it.

I'm trying to put it through it's paces now for a night IFR flight - basic rnav and traditional navigation.  I seem to be truing out at 164 ktas at 7000 (about +8 ISA) - less than gross.  I think I'm around 75% power.

52296077235_00df13e7b5_k.jpgnl by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

Edited by ryanbatc
  • Like 2

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

6 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

You know me well, Ron, I love to tinker and fix things... but MS have decided to shut me out by encrypting the files that I would need access to... Hence my lobbying campaign.

I hope that @MattNischanhas more clout than I do 😉

They are saying config files are unlocked for the deluxe and premium aircraft after SU10. 

Not sure if this will carry over to marketplace purchases though.  Hopefully they will see the benefit of this also.

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

5 hours ago, Todd2 said:

Darn I already have that model from BRsim designs. 

Obviously the modelling is superb on this Carenado model, as you see from the pictures, and it does fly alright.

I think for £12, as Ron says, it is a steal.  Whatever flight sim I have, I always want one of these in my hangar.  I just love this aircraft.

Does anyone know why it was called the doctor killer?  I know flying doctors used them in Oz in particular.  Was it due to an aerodynamic peculiarity with the V tail?

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

40 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

They are saying config files are unlocked for the deluxe and premium aircraft after SU10. 

Not sure if this will carry over to marketplace purchases though.  Hopefully they will see the benefit of this also.

I purchased the plane and then did a search on the Packages folder for flight_model.cfg which finds all the Official and Community planes that allow text modifications.

I just did that and this bonanza has no flight_model.cfg file anywhere in the subfolders (in other words it's encrypted). I should test again after SU10 to see if that changes.

Right now it's going to fly like it flies.... can't  change a thing.

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

Doing a search in file explorer (or whatever else you use) on Packages folder for files named flight_model.cfg will list all the planes that have such a file in their package. Which would be  all the standard MSFS planes and all 3rd party purchased planes.  There will be a bazillion of them listed by that search (if you have lots of  planes in the sim). The path names will tell you instantly which planes they belong to. List them in order by date to find a recent planes purchased up at the top of the list.

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

23 minutes ago, Fielder said:

Doing a search in file explorer (or whatever else you use) on Packages folder for files named flight_model.cfg will list all the planes that have such a file in their package. Which would be  all the standard MSFS planes and all 3rd party purchased planes.  There will be a bazillion of them listed by that search (if you have lots of  planes in the sim). The path names will tell you instantly which planes they belong to. List them in order by date to find a recent planes purchased up at the top of the list.

It's locked behind DRM in most of the carenado stuff.

What a person could do is copy one of from an existing aircraft and start from there.

But I believe Bert is talking about xml files and not so much flight handling.  (which are also usually locked in the .fsarchive drm)

Edited by ryanbatc
  • Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

On an unrelated side note.

The un-deserved reputation of the V tail Bonanza being structurally unsound (no doubt boosted in the public mind by the tragic Richie Valens, Big Bopper and Buddy Holley V-Tail accident which was actually a simple CFIT in bad weather)  was rather unfair. In almost all cases of structural tail loss it seems to be a side effect of the pilot losing control and as a result spiral diving or getting disoriented and exceeding Vne.  The tail loss was a RESULT of an accident already happening not the cause of one. Basically if the tail had not come loose something else like a control surface or wing would have instead.

Good article:

https://airfactsjournal.com/2012/06/tail-tale-what-was-wrong-with-v-tail-bonanza-pilots/

In virtually all the structure-related accidents the airplane was flown outside the envelope. Often as not this was the result of the pilot losing control. The airplane had light and delightful control forces and while it was stable in pitch it was less so in roll. If a pilot was going to hand-fly in clouds he had to be both good and attentive. Left to its own devices, a V-tail would be in a spiral dive in a heartbeat. A VFR pilot in clouds was almost autodead.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

Here is my old vid in V tail Bonanza (dual yoke). If you notice it does wiggle side to side. You can especially see it when video speeds up! Note: the owner usually don't register and deny it that LOL

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

6 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

It's only for the premium and deluxe aircraft, that's who Asobo/MS asked permission from.

• Like 1

Someone said one of my liveries makes the plane uncontrollable.  It's the 1975 retro one to be specific - can someone check as I don't them much but usually just to position them for shots.

https://flightsim.to/file/38264/1975-retro-livery-for-carenado-microsoft-bonanza-v35b/324020

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |

4 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

Someone said one of my liveries makes the plane uncontrollable.  It's the 1975 retro one to be specific - can someone check as I don't them much but usually just to position them for shots.

https://flightsim.to/file/38264/1975-retro-livery-for-carenado-microsoft-bonanza-v35b/324020

I downloaded that livery earlier I'll check.