Sign in to follow this  
abrams_tank

Sim Update 10 is postponed by two weeks (or possibly longer)

Yeah, I was positively surprised when they decided to postpone. I did not expect this, but it's an indication that they're taking user feedback seriously. The thread that proposed to delay got 353 replies and 7.2K views Request to postpone the official release of SU10 - Bug Reports / Resolved - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums.

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

It'll be okay...if you haven't gotten used to waiting for fixes by now, you might as well take up fishing. Of course, fishing requires a lot of waiting too, so there's that. 

• Like 1

Brian MacMillan

Intel i7-7700@3.6GHz-16GB /GTX 1070-8GB/MSI B250M Bazooka  

Cue the next post in two weeks: Asobo! Release SU 10 now

Lol.

Users with messed up hardware/unrealistic expectations -yeah, but let's blame Asobo.

I can easily wait another 2 weeks for them to further nerf the LOD and increase the pop-up!

Chris Camp

It doesn't matter.  The actual difference between the final beta and the SU is normally about zero.

I am an Nvidia user, so I will welcome the fix for DX12 in the next beta, but other than that, I am enjoying all of the other benefits now.

For all of the impatient people, especially AMD where everything seems to be fine, just jump on the beta!

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I mentioned before that I went back (reverted) from the beta to the SU9 and was delighted to verify how bad the pre beta SU9 version is regarding performance. And immediately returned to the beta for its much more pleasant experience.

(But I don't recommend reversion. It meant a complete reinstalling of the whole sim, including everything in content manager. I wasn't expecting that. But as long as I don't revert back out of a beta, I have had not had any such issues at all with any of the betas for any of the sim updates).

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

4 minutes ago, Fielder said:

I mentioned before that I went back (reverted) from the beta to the SU9 and was delighted to verify how bad the pre beta SU9 version is regarding performance. And immediately returned to the beta for its much more pleasant experience.

That makes sense considering you've got a Ryzen CPU. I've returned to SU9 for now. I might join the beta again when/if they release a new update. The main reason I left the beta was that I couldn't get HDR to work (despite that they claim it should work with the latest update). It's not a big deal anyway. I've got the SU10 beta Official folder saved, so reinstalling is quick. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

I have MSFS (Steam version) on a dedicated SSD. Are there any issues when updating to the final sim update? AFAIK that only sometimes happens with the MS Store version (having to reinstall everything). Also, any recommended update procedure other than disabling all addons? I might jump on the beta given this is taking longer.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

11 minutes ago, threegreen said:

I have MSFS (Steam version) on a dedicated SSD. Are there any issues when updating to the final sim update? AFAIK that only sometimes happens with the MS Store version (having to reinstall everything). Also, any recommended update procedure other than disabling all addons? I might jump on the beta given this is taking longer.

I jumped on .. and cant jump off presently. My profile and options menus went AWOL when i left the beta so i have had to rejoin the beta for my profile and options menu to show up again and keep my fingers crossed that when the beta ends i get my profile settings back.

Prem Del / MS Store user 

Edited by Maxis
  • Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

32 minutes ago, Maxis said:

I jumped on .. and cant jump off presently. My profile and options menus went AWOL when i left the beta so i have had to rejoin the beta for my profile and options menu to show up again and keep my fingers crossed that when the beta ends i get my profile settings back.

Prem Del / MS Store user 

Did your settings revert to default or did the actual menu disappear?

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

4 hours ago, threegreen said:

It's a quick process to join the beta on Steam, it's not a large download, even with the new stuff in content manager that is  also necessary.

Microsoft advises to change the installation's Packages folder away from the default location before joining the beta. If you cut and paste the Packages folder (instead of copy and paste), then this will take about 3 minutes. It will take a couple of hours if you instead copy and paste. Because with cut and paste you aren't really moving the files physically on the disk. 

I created c:\msfs folder and pasted the Packages folder there.

Next, don't join the beta, instead just boot up MSFS and it will pause at 'Checking for Updates'. Look down at the bottom and point the new path to C:\msfs (or whatever you have named your newly created location path). MSFS will find the community and official packages there and boot up MSFS normally.

Quit (exit) Msfs and join the beta by right clicking on flightsimulator in the Steam Library. No code letters are needed. The update files are small and quick to install. And then 5 or 6 more minutes for some new files in content manager. (my internet speed 100 mBPS). Simple and quick.

• Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

4 hours ago, threegreen said:

Did your settings revert to default or did the actual menu disappear?

Actual Menu disappear !

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

The fact that they delayed the update after beta testing because of reported issues is an extremely positive development.  It signals a shift in how they view these updates, and that they aren't going to hit that tick-tock cadence just to keep on schedule any more.  That's great.

Sounds bizarre, but I think that delay was the best news out of the entire Q&A for what it represented, lol.

• Like 3