Sign in to follow this  
SierraDelta

GSX PRO is out

7 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

It just doesn't work very well with 3rd party addons.

I'm gonna have to disagree with this. It works wonderfully with all of my 3rd party addons. I can't name anything it doesn't work with.

The CTD thing was unfortunate timing, and the Cloudflare server propagation delays weren't anything FSDT could fix on their own.

• Like 3

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

39 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

Also as you probably already read 20 times you don't need any of those flightsim.to files at all, GSX works out of the box with all functions on every 3rd party airport (except marketplace for now).

Not for me is doesn't. Unless you call people floating in the air and poking through roofs working. And if it works out of the box with third party airports why are third party developers making profiles for it?  I was not told, when I paid my money, that time (in fact a lifetime of time), effort and a degree of file editing knowledge would be required in order to get it to be fully functional. 

Edited by jarmstro
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

GSX doesn't cause CTD. it was an MSFS issue. It just doesn't work very well with 3rd party addons.

Ah, sorry I haven't kept up with the news. In what way doesn't it work very well with 3p addons?

Edit: from reading above I guess it is mostly to do with 3p airports? 

Edited by Andreas Stangenes

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

Just now, Andreas Stangenes said:

Ah, sorry I haven't kept up with the news. In what way doesn't it work very well with 3p addons?

watch this 

• Like 2

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

1 hour ago, Andreas Stangenes said:

Ok, so normally GSX would be a product I would be picking up on launch day, but this time I've been sitting on the fence. I've heard that the launch was a bit rocky, and mainly that GSX caused CTD. Are there currently any known issues with GSX that a potential buyer should be aware?

tldr?: watch the video above.

Yes, if you want GSX to import the passenger manifest from a simbrief fp there are bunch of superfluous (as far as should concern GSX) variables you have to satisfy - here are two:

1.) Aircraft ICAO type designation MUST match that of the aircraft dispatched in the fp (currently PMDG 737 aircraft.cfg contain incorrect type des. and must be edited for this to work) - if not GSX silently errors and will not load passenger count from fp

2.) fp dispatch time MUST be a time after initiation of passenger boarding time - if not GSX silently errors and will not load passenger count from fp

As far as I'm concerned there is no meaningful reason for GSX to require either variable - if the pilot doesn't care, why would GSX care if this is correct. Maybe the pilot doesn't want to spend time or risk editing PMDG aircraft.cfg, or maybe the pilot doesn't care whether it's 5 min. after dispatch time...after all, currently thousands of IRL flights are delayed every day.

I attempted to make both points on FSDT forums and the only responses were along the line of: what moron would think it's okay that GSX not keep you from using the wrong aircraft for a fp (which in my case I am using the right aircraft, but the aircraft's data is wrong); or: what moron thinks it's too much effort to re-generate a sb fp because you're past dispatch time...and what moron would think that GSX shouldn't absolutely break this function in both cases. And then the barking seals got right back to begging for the latest info. on work-arounds to make GSX read and use the SB passenger manifest.

Personally I would take a refund now and never use GSX again, however, for 30 bucks it's not worth the effort of pursuing. I'll probably just uninstall it and consider my purchase a donation. I owned GSX for P3D and kind of enjoyed it, but it required a LOT of tweaking. With MSFS I'm not as willing to spend all my time tweaking, starting a multitude of ancillary programs, and fiddling with the peculiarities developers have built into their products to get them to work for the hour or two I have to fly most days.

...And no, this isn't an anti-FSDT rant, as I own most of their airports for FSX, P3D, and MSFS, like them, and will buy more when they're available. I think Umberto produces some great stuff and for the most part provides great support (nobody can say he's lazy!), in this case I just don't agree with some choices he made with GSX implementation in MSFS. It's clunky, overly intrusive, and the user interface leaves a LOT-to-be-desired - and don't get me started on Coatl...yep, still requires that program (that is still flaky as hell, has to be restarted frequently, and is overall just painful to use). I feel an uninstall coming right up!

I've spent a fair amount of time to get realistic traffic using PSXT, RealTraffic, and AIG and IVAO models/liveries because I think it adds a ton of "reality" to the sim. I don't think goofy looking passenger characters walking goofily down a jetway adds nearly the same "reality-for-the-effort".

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

My experience has been mostly positive.  I didn’t even read the user manual yet still found the program intuitive and UI friendly enough to make some parking spot and aircraft edits.  The only issue I’ve run into is invisible models when I have AIG TC running at big airports. I suspect it’s an issue with simconnect either being overloaded or in conflict with GSX.

Gary

i9-13900K, Asus RTX 4080, Asus Z790 Plus Wi-Fi, 32 GB Ram, Seasonic GX-1000W, LG C1 48” OLED 4K monitor, Quest 3 VR

24 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Not for me is doesn't. Unless you call people floating in the air and poking through roofs working. And if it works out of the box with third party airports why are third party developers making profiles for it?  I was not told, when I paid my money, that time (in fact a lifetime of time), effort and a degree of file editing knowledge would be required in order to get it to be fully functional. 

They make profiles so you have custom pushbacks (not only left and right) and the vehicles are placed exactly like in real life. Also for VDGS.

As for the rest you don't have to edit a single file to make it work, I didn't for what it's worth. You have to read the manual though. Anyway this discussion has been held too many times here, so let's not do this again. If this isn't for you, it is what it is.

1 minute ago, Gilandred said:

My experience has been mostly positive.  I didn’t even read the user manual yet still found the program intuitive and UI friendly enough to make some parking spot and aircraft edits.  The only issue I’ve run into is invisible models when I have AIG TC running at big airports. I suspect it’s an issue with simconnect either being overloaded or in conflict with GSX.

Gilandred,

You are exactly right - one is able to make parking spot and aircraft edits...which you will find yourself doing at almost every airport you fly into/out of. Otherwise the aircraft parking spot is too short/long; not aligned; jetway won't work with default aircraft positon; service vehicles run over each other and into the aircraft; - but Umberto is so worried about realism that a stale fp will cause an error for GSX reading passenger manifest from SB.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

4 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

They make profiles so you have custom pushbacks (not only left and right) and the vehicles are placed exactly like in real life. Also for VDGS.

As for the rest you don't have to edit a single file to make it work, I didn't for what it's worth. You have to read the manual though. Anyway this discussion has been held too many times here, so let's not do this again. If this isn't for you, it is what it is.

Indeed. Each to their own. I do feel that the marketing blurb was extremely misleading though.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, fogboundturtle said:

watch this 

With respect but that guy should first read the manual before making a video for the clicks 😉 Because he wouldn't had those issues to begin with... my 2 cents...

So first read and make sure your are on the latest version and make then that video with your opinion (then we all benefit from a thorough review), now it's just click bait!

Are there bugs for sure, but hence with MSFS we are at SU10 😨

Edited by awf
  • Like 4

André

18 minutes ago, awf said:

With respect but that guy should first read the manual before make a video for the clicks 😉 Because he wouldn't had those issues to begin with... my 2 cents...

So first read and make sure your are on the latest version and make then that video with your opinion, now it's just click bait!

Completely untrue - I read the manual, ran the installer 3X to update after installing, and still keep experiencing "coatl isn't running" or whatever the error says when the menu won't open. GSX is a disaster, and no amount of polishing that tu^d is going to make it not so. EVERYTHING in that video is 100% accurate.

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

I have to say that GSX doesn’t seem to work as it did in the P3D/FSX days. The pushback in the ESP sims was sometimes a little funky but you’d be pretty much nailed on to get a push onto the taxi line. I haven’t been able to get GSX to do this once out of the box without tweaking in MSFS. I don’t regret buying it but the fact I’ll have to manually edit a few gates at every single airport I use and remember which ones I’ve done, or download profiles (and remember which ones have profiles) adds a layer of hassle that I was hoping to avoid in MSFS. 

Edited by bennyboy75
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, jarmstro said:

GSX needs to include a utility which examines the community folder and downloads the necessary profiles as the become available.

Sure.
And which brings you coffee in the morning and brushes your teeth.
🥴

• Like 2

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

22 minutes ago, David Roch said:

Sure.
And which brings you coffee in the morning and brushes your teeth.
🥴

No, no. I paid on a false premise. Not a big deal, and it won't be the last time, but I was sold a pup. I was not told that I would have to put in a great deal of time and effort in order for it to work as advertised. I've written it off as just one of those things.

Some may enjoy a never ending struggle with profiles, waypoints  and editing files but I do not. 

Edited by jarmstro
  • Like 1

Sincerely, when you purchase an airplane, you download and install liveries, right?
So it takes about the same time to configure 1 gate in each 3rd party airports with GSX. You don't need more than that. Or to install ini files others have made for you.
Not a big deal 😉

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.