Sign in to follow this  
kt069

Auto Generated Marinas & Boats_Free Addon

25 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

@mamu82 Just a clarification question... As various users now make changes to the "mooring" tags for various piers, are you able to ingest these changed data points for your mod, or are we dependent on MS/Asobo for the changes to take hold?

You are dependent on me making the update to the mod 😉

Asobo/MS doesn't make anything to ANY mod (sometimes some update can brake them, but never seen a scenery broken by updates)

• Like 2

Only just discovered this one.  Mamu, you've knocked it out of the park with this addon!  What a fantastic idea, and so well executed.

Thank you so much for all your addons, they have all made a significant improvement to the sim.  You and Puffin really have done fantastic work between you.  Couldn't imagine flying without your stuff in the sim.

• Like 4

On 8/26/2022 at 11:59 AM, bobcat999 said:

This guy deserves a medal.  Or more usefully, can we highlight his work to Asobo in some way so that he gets a job or commission with them? 

He is certainly getting a donation from me.  This is a game changer.  It looks like the Canary Islands might be covered as well, if so, he gets an even bigger donation!

Edit:  Have you seen all the other work he does?  Moving tractor that actually cuts the grass, trains, powerlines etc.  Amazing!  I didn't even know half this stuff was possible.
Seriously, Asobo need to talk to him.  He is moving the sim on by years just on his own.

Microsoft needs to add this in the core sim. They should just hire Mamu or buy the algorythm and boats from him. 🙂

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Cyrex1984 said:

Microsoft needs to add this in the core sim. They should just hire Mamu or buy the algorythm and boats from him. 🙂

Agreed.

• Like 1

While adding these things to the base sim would guarantee they remain updated as long as the core sim is updated you are also locking any improvements into the months-long dev cycle currently required by the core devs to also deal with various complex bugs and issues. Mamu and other freeware/payware devs can push new updates whenever they have new data ready within days. No point asking for these things to be integrated into the core game as long as there is an external dev who can provide better support for them

• Like 1

Drew Sikora

Staff Blog

Founder/Designer, MSE Airports

5 hours ago, Gaiiden said:

While adding these things to the base sim would guarantee they remain updated as long as the core sim is updated you are also locking any improvements into the months-long dev cycle currently required by the core devs to also deal with various complex bugs and issues. Mamu and other freeware/payware devs can push new updates whenever they have new data ready within days. No point asking for these things to be integrated into the core game as long as there is an external dev who can provide better support for them

The sunken boats issues is task for the BlacksharkAI algorithm/software, it has nothing to do with Devs being required to work on other complex bugs and issues around the sim. I'm sure the Blackshark Devs themselves are all too aware of what needs to be done, but for whatever reason we've yet to see a fix for this.

Edited by MarcG

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

2 hours ago, MarcG said:

I'm sure the Blackshark Devs themselves are all too aware of what needs to be done

I’m very curious to know if Blackshark are still doing anything with MSFS, as I haven’t noticed any evidence of the AI ‘learning’. Big buildings are still cropping up in the middle of circular-irrigation fields too often, and (although I don’t think Blackshark themselves do anything with Bing imagery) the most recent World Updates are still colouring too green. I’m currently going around Germany, and even when there’s a naturally coloured photogrammetry tile next to it, the AI decides to change the naturally grey colour of the photogrammetry tile road to green on the base World Update tile.

I’m not sure if the AI just isn’t sophisticated enough to learn, or the vendors just provided a one time algorithm or something?

• Like 3

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

Yeah I think it maybe a question for the next Q&A, see if they're still involved and if so are they doing anything about sunken boats.

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)

I also came to the wonder if Blackshark is still much involved in MSFS. There weren't even autogen churches in the Germany World Update although they are all tagged in OSM. 

I think asking in a MSFS Q&A about their current involvement with MSFS is a great idea.

Edited by darshonaut
  • Like 1

my African sceneries for MSFS : https://darshonaut.blogspot.com/p/msfs-2020.html

I'm of the same opinion re Blackshark, I remember AI changes with new buildings being mentioned for the UK world update - and maybe one or two afterwards - but certainly nothing has been mentioned recently. 

It would be nice to know that they are still involved, as bespoke building changes are critical to the WU's imo. 

• Upvote 1

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

I suspect “AI” in the Blackshark context is being used loosely to describe algorithms even less sophisticated than @mamu82’s clever technique. And it does seem like the “AI” has been completely neglected. 

A lot of the buildings in the sim are placed via several year old OSM data, and combined with procedural building models built by Blackshark. Maybe the AI is used to make the building shapes?

I have seen buildings in the sim that don't exist in OSM data, so that could also be where the AI part comes in, looking the sat imagery and trying to guess building shape.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

A revised version for this add-on has been updoaded to flightsim.to, should contain all the requested fixes (mainly removing boats from unwanted places, airport approach lights, industrial area, ferry's jetty and such), + some more  world coverage

spacer.png

Thanks so much for all your appreciation and donations!!

Mamudesign - Marinas » Microsoft Flight Simulator

Any suggestion or fix request is appreciated, please join the discors server : https://discord.gg/C7js9zDABW

Please consider that for further updates I don't plan to pull the changes from the OSM Database, I keep updating my internal data because it is a lot more faster. 

Edited by mamu82
  • Like 10