Sign in to follow this  
MrBitstFlyer

Give Reshade a try if you have been reluctant!

Been playing around a bit with Cinematic DOF. This is a quite a powerful shader, which gives you fine-grained control over focusing and depth of field. It's quite easy to use once you get the hang of it. You can set the auto-focus point, focal length and aperture, amongst other settings. I just took a couple of photos with a focal length of 40mm and an aperture of 5.6. It even gives overlays to show where the auto-focus point is and what will be in focus etc. 

BbmcOZb.jpg

ywCNN2W.jpg

Download the repository here: https://github.com/FransBouma/OtisFX. Just click on the green code button, then download, extract and copy the shaders and textures folders to the reshade folder. 

And here's a pretty huge collection of shader repositories: https://www.pcgamingwiki.com/wiki/ReShade#List_of_known_shader_repositories

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

2 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Been playing around a bit with Cinematic DOF

Very nice effect 🙂

I've been experimenting after several people said my screenshots had a red/pink tint.  I think the culprit maybe the LUTTools.fx.  I have turned down the effect slightly.  This screenshot hopefully doesn't have a tint!  This is a new profile that tries to stay close to MSFS default with a little extra vibrance. The LocalContrast.fx shader is very nice too - gives some local shadow detail without introducing tints.  I have tried some other sharpening filters but LumaSharpen.fx seems to suit MSFS really nicely.

Reshade-Test.png

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

8 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Very nice effect 🙂

I've been experimenting after several people said my screenshots had a red/pink tint.  I think the culprit maybe the LUTTools.fx.  I have turned down the effect slightly.  This screenshot hopefully doesn't have a tint!  This is a new profile that tries to stay close to MSFS default with a little extra vibrance. The LocalContrast.fx shader is very nice too - gives some local shadow detail without introducing tints.  I have tried some other sharpening filters but LumaSharpen.fx seems to suit MSFS really nicely.

Reshade-Test.png

Thank you for your commentary, the LumaSharpen is so much than the previous sharpening tool I was using!

Do you still use the QuintRegrade?

10900KF @ 5.2Ghz, 2070 Super, 32GB 3200Mhz, Gigabyte M28U 4K Monitor - MSFS: Terrain LOD: 200, Object LOD: 100

And now it begins just like in P3D, every day someone will post that they just discovered a brand  new shader setting that looks better than anyone else has seen, yada yada yada..  I knew this would happen. 😉

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

37 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

And now it begins just like in P3D, every day someone will post that they just discovered a brand  new shader setting that looks better than anyone else has seen, yada yada yada..  I knew this would happen. 😉

Wow, thanks for dropping by and making this valuable contribution, Bob! It really adds so much to this thread. 

EDIT: Oh, I almost missed that little wink at the end there. It's all good then 😉

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

Does anyone know anything about the behaviour of usercfg.opt? I've changed a few settings - increased shadow maps to 4096 and turned off sharpen and film grain. Then set it to read only to prevent the sim from overwriting the changes. Is this how others are doing it? 

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Wow, thanks for dropping by and making this valuable contribution, Bob! It's almost like you're offended that some of us like to make the sim look as good as possible. Lol! 

Oh, didn't see you put a little winkey at the end there. It's all good then 😉

Been reading posts like this for many years, nothing has changed except the sim is no MSFS rather than P3D, 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

Strange to see chat about shaders in a Reshade thread 😜

• Like 2

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

1 hour ago, AppleUK said:

Do you still use the QuintRegrade?

Yes, still use it.  Because I am so new to Reshade I have been experimenting with all the different filters - so many do the same thing in different ways.  My go to profile uses Regrade, but in my testing profiles I'm replacing it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Wow, thanks for dropping by and making this valuable contribution, Bob! It really adds so much to this thread. 

EDIT: Oh, I almost missed that little wink at the end there. It's all good then 😉

Bob is always complaining, that's his shtick 😁

Edited by Sethos
  • Like 1

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

For the LumaSharpen.fx, where is that downloaded?  I'm really struggling finding it.  Is it a separate download from the FinalLight package on flightsim.to?  Is it part of SweetFx?  Any help on finding it would be appreciated?  The base fuzzy ground textures drive me crazy and am using GeForceExperience sharpeners but would like to try the LumaSharpen.  Thanks!

Just now, gregda said:

For the LumaSharpen.fx, where is that downloaded?  I'm really struggling finding it.  Is it a separate download from the FinalLight package on flightsim.to?  Is it part of SweetFx?  Any help on finding it would be appreciated?  The base fuzzy ground textures drive me crazy and am using GeForceExperience sharpeners but would like to try the LumaSharpen.  Thanks!

During install, it's part of the SweetFX by CeeJay.dk you can tick. 

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

2 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Does anyone know anything about the behaviour of usercfg.opt? I've changed a few settings - increased shadow maps to 4096 and turned off sharpen and film grain. Then set it to read only to prevent the sim from overwriting the changes. Is this how others are doing it? 

I would like to know this as well. I also want to disable film grain. 

49 minutes ago, Sethos said:

During install, it's part of the SweetFX by CeeJay.dk you can tick. 

Is this the same for Steam version?  I put the SweetFX folder tn the MfS root but it overwrite some FinalLight files so Reshade would not even open then.

1 minute ago, gregda said:

Is this the same for Steam version?  I put the SweetFX folder tn the MfS root but it overwrite some FinalLight files so Reshade would not even open then.

Not sure what you are doing but if you got the Steam version, install ReShade like you normally would, tick all the shaders you want during install. To install FinalLight, drop the "Textures" and "Shaders" folders into the MSFS folder, prompting to override / copy into, plus "FinalLight_v1.3.ini" Then fire up the sim, open the ReShade window (END) and load FinalLight_v1.3.ini in the drop down.