Sign in to follow this  
MrBitstFlyer

Give Reshade a try if you have been reluctant!

2 hours ago, Twenty6 said:

v6.0.7 supposedly has the high LOD textures enabled. Downloaded that version a few minutes ago.

Wow, just downloaded it and turned on high LOD - the detail in ground textures is amazing! Can see individual plants and animals in the fields!

Sharpening3.png

Edited by MrBitstFlyer
  • Like 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

11 minutes ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Wow, just downloaded it and turned on high LOD - the detail in ground textures is amazing! Can see individual plants and animals in the fields!

Sharpening3.png

Is that with Google Maps data?

3 minutes ago, Virtual-Chris said:

Is that with Google Maps data?

Yes, with LumaSharp filter in Reshade used as the only sharpening.

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

1 minute ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Yes, with LumaSharp filter in Reshade used as the only sharpening.

Nice… Everyone should use Reshade 😝

• Like 1

I want to give this a go but cant make myself use the Google Maps enhancement tool. I value system stability too much especially in light of all the CTD mess.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Darth_Vapor666 said:

I want to give this a go but cant make myself use the Google Maps enhancement tool. I value system stability too much especially in light of all the CTD mess.

It’s perhaps ironic then that my system has been very stable the last week since I started to use the mod. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

6 hours ago, Twenty6 said:

I've watched a few youtube videos and I'm more confused now than when I started. Some assume you already have Reshade installed, others scatter files and directories all over, and some mumble thru their video. I'd be interested to learn who helped you get started.

I wrote a guide on ReShade recently, you’ll find it in the tips and tricks subforum. It might help you get started. 

@MrBitstFlyer I’ve only got FinalLight + some slight adjustment of black curves. Sharpening looks interesting, I’ll look into it. I think proper sharpening really makes sense in combination with high LOD tiles from the replacement mod. If only I could get that working, hmmm..

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

5 hours ago, somiller said:

My ASUS PG279Q is also calibrated using i1 Display hardware and X-RITE iProfiler and your 2nd image looks pink

So happy I'm not the only one seeing this. The pinkish tone is very dominant. Must be a different experience for the OP, but that just looks wrong on my devices (which are not pro grade, fwitw)

• Upvote 1

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

Hello Cpt Piett,
I need your help if you don't mind.
I have installed FinalLight Reshade preset per your instructions on the Tips & Tricks forum and really enjoy it.
Today the app wants me to update ReShade but using MSFS Store version I can't use the ReShade_Setup_5.3.0.exe because of the encrypted MSFS.exe file which isn't selectable.
I am a perfect noob ReShade wise, so your help would be very much appreciated.
Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

5 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Oh, that's interesting!  Outside of calibrating my monitor I don't have experience like yourself - I wonder why it looks pink on your display?  I calibrated to D65 so I am confused why there would be a difference.

Did you not say that it was taken later in the afternoon with a reddish hue?  Pink, Red.. same difference?

Bert

11 minutes ago, SAS443 said:

So happy I'm not the only one seeing this. The pinkish tone is very dominant. Must be a different experience for the OP, but that just looks wrong on my devices (which are not pro grade, fwitw)

Yes, very strange. Obviously I am not seeing any colour tints. My monitor is calibrated so I assumed when others say they see pink/red/purple tints they don’t have a calibrated monitor. When someone who has many years experience with displays says he sees pink it is very odd.

my calibrator seems to be working correctly because when I go to test pages on the web it all looks perfect.  

3 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

Did you not say that it was taken later in the afternoon with a reddish hue?  Pink, Red.. same difference?

Only one of the photos was in the evening, the rest were in bright conditions.  I don’t see any colour tints obviously, but would love to know why others are if their displays are set up correctly.

9 minutes ago, David Roch said:

Today the app wants me to update ReShade but using MSFS Store version I can't use the ReShade_Setup_5.3.0.exe because of the encrypted MSFS.exe file which isn't selectable.

There is a way to get access to the folder where the .exe is located. Rather than typing it out here, I’d suggest you watch the following video from 3 min 10 sec:

https://youtu.be/zHIV2fwnDns

• Like 1

Perfect, thanks!
👍

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

I was using reshade for X-Plane all the time with no problems, allowing it for Vulkan apps globally. It never occurred to me that I can use it in MSFS too. I now tried, but it MSFS does not appear in the list of applications of the ReShade_Setup exe. So, how do I start?

Paul Schmidt

We're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.