Sign in to follow this  
rutrA

PMDG 737-800 is NOW available!

Does someone know how to get rid of the "helping" text boxes which appear when we hover the mouse over a switch in the cockpit?

Look for "Instrument Name Tooltips" in the Accessibility page in options.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

2 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

That was the entire point of his post, Umberto. He was responding to the comment that suggested that he had been refunded, but would continue to use the product. He had every right to be annoyed at that post by MDFlier.

Hold the phone. I made no inference about him actually using, or not using it the product. All I said was that he got good CS in the form of a refund and use of the product until his machine broke. Umberto told him that he would be able to use it on his machine until he got new HW because it was already activated on his HW. I made no implications about whether or not he was actually doing so. I only repeated what Umberto told him, which was that he could and stated that I thought it was good CS. A refund and use of the product. Sounds good to me. 

I wouldn't have commented at all, but after Umberto declined to implement his really lousy idea, he got all angry and rude. If Umberto had implemented his idea, I can promise you that I would have been on FSDT's forum the very next day demanding that it be corrected. 'Hey Umberto, I started a flight with a ERJ-145 at the gate in Boise. GSX brought 6 bus loads of passengers 12 tons of cargo, 40 tons of fuel, and the VDGS says I'm flying from, NY to Taiwan. Why would GSX use a briefing for a 787 flight from NY to Taiwan that I created in Simbrief 3 months ago? WTH were you thinking? I know developers can have a hard time tying their shoes, but for crying out loud. Can you please make GSX stop using briefings that obviously weren't created for my ERJ-145 flight from Boise to Birmingham? Just have GSX look at the type of airplane we're using and have it make a reasonable guess at the number of pax for us.' 

Edited by MDFlier
  • Upvote 1

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

3 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

That was the entire point of his post, Umberto. He was responding to the comment that suggested that he had been refunded, but would continue to use the product. He had every right to be annoyed at that post by MDFlier.

Then I must have misunderstood him, I have been biased because all the flack I got from him due to the SimBrief thing.

Edited by virtuali

3 hours ago, MDFlier said:

Look for "Instrument Name Tooltips" in the Accessibility page in options.

Oh thank you!!

19 hours ago, MDFlier said:

Hold the phone. I made no inference about him actually using, or not using it the product. All I said was that he got good CS in the form of a refund and use of the product until his machine broke. Umberto told him that he would be able to use it on his machine until he got new HW because it was already activated on his HW. I made no implications about whether or not he was actually doing so. I only repeated what Umberto told him, which was that he could and stated that I thought it was good CS. A refund and use of the product. Sounds good to me. 

I wouldn't have commented at all, but after Umberto declined to implement his really lousy idea, he got all angry and rude. If Umberto had implemented his idea, I can promise you that I would have been on FSDT's forum the very next day demanding that it be corrected. 'Hey Umberto, I started a flight with a ERJ-145 at the gate in Boise. GSX brought 6 bus loads of passengers 12 tons of cargo, 40 tons of fuel, and the VDGS says I'm flying from, NY to Taiwan. Why would GSX use a briefing for a 787 flight from NY to Taiwan that I created in Simbrief 3 months ago? WTH were you thinking? I know developers can have a hard time tying their shoes, but for crying out loud. Can you please make GSX stop using briefings that obviously weren't created for my ERJ-145 flight from Boise to Birmingham? Just have GSX look at the type of airplane we're using and have it make a reasonable guess at the number of pax for us.' 

Yeah, exactly hold the phone - you need to but tfo. In the refund receipt from DR MyCommerce (which I knew without having to read, and most except you would also know this) one finds this:

"All product rights and licenses transferred to you under the terms and conditions of the contract expire upon final cancellation of your order. You are required to
immediately cease using the product and to destroy all copies of the product in your possession (electronic data must be permanently deleted)."

The only data I've retained from this experience are pdf's of all correspondence regarding purchase, license, and refund.

Umberto never said anywhere that I've seen that he was authorizing me to continue using his product for which I'd received a refund.

You really need to mind your own dmnd business, because you don't have a clue what you're talking about, and I'm getting tired of you insisting on besmirching my character.

I haven't visited this thread since my previous post to you because there was nothing else to discuss regarding this issue...clearly you can't seem to let it go, and you for one aren't involved, affected or in any way concerned...so BUTT OUT.

And if you did what you suggest in purple text, and then blame it on someone else, you aren't very bright, are you? GSX doesn't just select some random SB FP, it selects the LAST GENERATED FP THAT YOU CREATED. One would think you'd be able to remember the aircraft planned in a FP that you created but maybe for you that's expecting too much (and besides you won't be getting passenger load from a 3 mo. old fp, because that will cause GSX to error since the departure time had already passed).

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

58 minutes ago, somiller said:

Umberto never said anywhere that I've seen that he was authorizing me to continue using his product for which I'd received a refund.

See post #40. He didn't say that he was authorizing you to do so, but he did say that you could. 

And stop dragging me back into if you don't want to keep talking about it. I was done until someone misconstrued what I said.

58 minutes ago, somiller said:

And if you did what you suggest in purple text, and then blame it on someone else, you aren't very bright, are you? GSX doesn't just select some random SB FP, it selects the LAST GENERATED FP THAT YOU CREATED. One would think you'd be able to remember the aircraft planned in a FP that you created but maybe for you that's expecting too much (and besides you won't be getting passenger load from a 3 mo. old fp, because that will cause GSX to error since the departure time had already passed).

That's even more ironic... It was your suggestion that would make that all of that stuff happen. GSX doesn't just take the last generated OFP that you created. GSX has criteria that it checks to make sure that uses the generated OFP that matches the flight you have set up.

Your suggestion was for GSX not to (same thread as above - post #19) do those checks. The result would be exactly what happened in my theoretical complaint. You want GSX to use bad information from an OFP that might not even be for the flight that we have configured in the sim. Some of us do occasionally fly without generating a Simbrief OFP and don't want GSX using the last OFP that just happens to be sitting out there on the server.

From the manual...

There’s nothing special to do in GSX to let it detect an active SimBrief dispatch, it
will be done automatically, according to the following rules:

• If you created or loaded a standard MSFS Flight plan, by setting both a Departure
and a Destination airport from the MSFS Word Map in the Main Menu, GSX
will check on Simbrief, and will load the Dispatch only if both the Departure
and the Destination airports on SimBrief match the Departure and Destination

set on the MSFS Flight Plan. If there’s no MSFS Flight Plan active, GSX will check
on SimBrief and will load the Dispatch if the Departure airport matches the
Departure airport set in the simulator, regardless of the destination.

• The Estimated Departure Time must be at some time in the future, meaning
the MSFS time of the day should be earlier than the Depart time indicated in
the SimBrief dispatch. The date doesn’t matter, we assumed your flight is daily
so, as long the Departure airport is the same and the ETD hasn’t passed, the
Dispatch is considered to be good.

The airplane type loaded in MSFS must be the same as the one indicated on
Simbrief’s
Dispatch. GSX will use the standard ICAO type designator to match
the airplane type, as specified in the icao _ type _ designator in the aicraft.
cfg file, which must match the “Aircraft” field on Simbrief. Pay particular attention
to the default Asobo A320: its icao type designator

Edited by MDFlier

This and the GSX topic are amongst the most toxic I have had the miss fortune to have read in a long time.

I have not bought GSX myself because of all the problems and MSFS CTD coming at the same time. Will fly DCS untill SU10 comes out, I am sure FSDT will sort any problems as my memory of them is not like a fish. Its funny how people seems to forget most thing that come out for MSFS have bugs and need a few updates. yer....I will butt out....🙄

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

Soooooooo, how about that 737-800.  Sure is a nice aircraft that on its own has nothing to do with GSX…

• Like 5

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU