Sign in to follow this  
espent

News from MS/Asobo today at 1200Z

24 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

I wonder of the DC-3 will have a cockpit option with a GPS, and one without.

I just hope most of the buttons work I could find my way around using a Map.

3 hours ago, z06z33 said:

You realize that it's very common for the ILS and the Papi not to match in real life,it says in about 90% of the Jepp plates I read as an airline pilot that ILS and glide path are non coincident ie they don't match up

Well, I should not fly enough IFR in real life, since I have not yet encountered such behavior yet in France at least.

Pierre

20 minutes ago, Pochi said:

Well, I should not fly enough IFR in real life, since I have not yet encountered such behavior yet in France at least.

Pierre

Lota of factors involved here. For example, on a B747, once the gear is down the aircraft is using the GS aerials on the nose gear doors which are about 25' below the pilot's eyes - and that makes a difference! 
Also more common in mountainous terrain. Sometimes it’s a simple matter of miscalibration.Can’t say if its common or not for as I said, it’s also a question of what you fly and where you fly.

either way, I would trust my eyes first, then the GS and the papis!vasi last.

5 hours ago, scotchegg said:

what happens when passion, competence and resources all meet?

super awesome flightsimulator.

• Like 4

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

5 hours ago, Fielder said:

Copilot to Pilot: "Oh look your Mom's on the passenger list!".

Pilot: "Look Ma no Garmin!"

(later)... "Look Ma no clearing!".

(still later) "Look Ma no fuel"!

LOL 😊😂👌

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

very nice.

No screenshots nor feature list of DC3 yet? I suppose it will be a basic model, similar to the fs2004 version, isn't it?

I was hoping for the PMDG version of this classic. But with this free version I have serious doubts about the viability the project.

10 minutes ago, HabuPilot said:

No screenshots nor feature list of DC3 yet? I suppose it will be a basic model, similar to the fs2004 version, isn't it?

I was hoping for the PMDG version of this classic. But with this free version I have serious doubts about the viability the project.

Somewhat more than a basic fs2004 model. The DC-3 is developed by Aeroplane Heaven, specifically for MSFS. It was intended as one of their own releases earlier this year, before Microsoft made them an offer for it.

• Like 3

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

Looks like iniBuilds is developing the Goose in addition to the A310: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/announcement-jrf-6-goose-big-radials/481226/1082

Edited by lwt1971
  • Like 2

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

https://forum.inibuilds.com/topic/5461-inibuilds-development-update-partnership-with-microsoft-flight-simulator-the-curtiss-jn-4-jenny-and-grumman-g-21a-goose/

Hello,

If this is your first time engaging with iniBuilds, welcome! By way of introduction, my name is Ubaid; CEO at iniBuilds.

iniBuilds is made up of a collective of thinkers and doers with a shared commitment to create the best products for flight simulation. We stand at the forefront of this industry, and our work is fuelled by the passion of this community. Our main focus is to provide some of the best products to as many people as possible.

In June, we were super pleased to announce our long-term partnership with Microsoft Flight Simulator. That post where you can check out here, was primarily focused on the Airbus A310 for Microsoft Flight Simulator. We will have some exciting tutorials / video content coming soon on the A310 for Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Today, following the official showcase yesterday, we are excited to report on two other aircraft that we have made, that will be free if you own a copy of Microsoft Flight Simulator or have an Xbox Game Pass subscription - The Curtiss JN-4 Jenny and The Grumman G-21A Goose!

These aircraft will be a part of the Microsoft Flight Simulator 40th Anniversary Standard Edition coming on 11th of November 2022. You can read the official announcement by Microsoft Flight Simulator here.

This is a landmark milestone for iniBuilds, as we enter into a new market within flight simulation, and have lots of new content in production for these type of aircraft coming very soon! 😉

The Curtiss JN-4 Jenny

The Curtiss Jenny is one of the most significant aircraft in aviation history. Introduced in 1915, The JN-4 was responsible for training an estimated 95% of all American WWI pilots and a significant number of the Royal Flying Corps pilots who trained in North America. By the end of production, 6813 Jenny’s had been built by six different manufacturers - such was the popularity of the design. Although designed as a military trainer, the Jenny is perhaps better known for its post war career.

Following the cessation of hostilities in 1918, thousands of surplus Jennys (some still in their original shipping crates) were sold into the civilian market. Civilian aviation was a brand new concept in the early 1920’s and the handling characteristics of the Jenny made it the perfect aircraft for the dawn of the barnstorming era. Many pilots, who would go on to become legends of aviation, took their first lesson or solo flight in a JN-4 and used it to complete many aviation firsts.

Our Jenny features a highly detailed model of the Curtiss OX-5 Engine. The OX-5 does not feature any rocker covers, so you will notice the exposed valve and the associated springs (3 per cylinder) all moving in the correct firing sequence. To take full advantage of this, we have placed a click spot inside the cockpit to allow the user to remove the cowlings on the ground. As an early open cockpit biplane, many of control linkages are fully exposed both inside and outside the aircraft. Over 800 cable loops have been faithfully recreated and the cables themselves have all been rigged using the original aircraft manuals.

We hope you enjoy this aircraft as much as we have enjoyed making it!

The Grumman G-21A Goose

Quite possibly the world's first private luxury aircraft, the Grumman Goose was designed as a commuter aircraft for wealthy businessmen in the Long Island area. In 1936, a group of Long Island residents approached Grumman and commissioned them to build an executive transport aircraft that they could use to fly to / from New York city - The G-21 was the result. The first production variants were intended to carry two or three passengers and came complete with a bar, toilet and executive seating. The design was later modified to carry up to 8 passengers and went on to serve with various air forces around the world.

Every effort has been made to recreate the executive cabin in painstaking detail and features an authentic seating, bar, champagne bucket and restroom facilities. There is some excellent reference available for this aircraft, and when used in conjunction with factory blueprints and manuals, has enabled us to accurately recreate the feel of 1930s luxury travel. Special attention has been paid to modelling and texturing a highly detailed model of the Pratt & Whitney R-985 Wasp Jr which powered the G-21.

We hope you enjoyed reading this development update and are super excited to share some more information on the A310 and our other projects next month!

As a reminder these aircraft will be a part of the Microsoft Flight Simulator 40th Anniversary Standard Edition coming on 11th of November 2022.

Kind Regards,
Ubaid

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Len
1980s: Sublogic FS II on C64 ---> 1990s: Flight Unlimited I/II, MSFS 95/98 ---> 2000s/2010s: FS/X, P3D, XP ---> 2020+: MSFS
Current system: i9 13900K, RTX 4090, 64GB DDR5 4800 RAM, 4TB NVMe SSD

1 hour ago, lwt1971 said:

https://forum.inibuilds.com/topic/5461-inibuilds-development-update-partnership-with-microsoft-flight-simulator-the-curtiss-jn-4-jenny-and-grumman-g-21a-goose/

In June, we were super pleased to announce our long-term partnership with Microsoft Flight Simulator. That post where you can check out here, was primarily focused on the Airbus A310 for Microsoft Flight Simulator. We will have some exciting tutorials / video content coming soon on the A310 for Microsoft Flight Simulator.

Today, following the official showcase yesterday, we are excited to report on two other aircraft that we have made, that will be free if you own a copy of Microsoft Flight Simulator or have an Xbox Game Pass subscription - The Curtiss JN-4 Jenny and The Grumman G-21A Goose!

These aircraft will be a part of the Microsoft Flight Simulator 40th Anniversary Standard Edition coming on 11th of November 2022. You can read the official announcement by Microsoft Flight Simulator here.

My two favorite strategical moves that Jorg made in MSFS:

1. Hiring Working Title

2. Paying iniBuilds to develop the 3 planes for the 40th anniversary of MSFS and making iniBuilds a long term partner of MSFS (and probably an exclusive partner to MSFS)

• Like 7

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

I think we are starting to see the benefits of the frequent updates as well.  The CU update is a great example of one of the massive benefits of using streaming data.  We can say what we want about how certain updates have been steps back which Asobo seem to be getting their hands around with the public beta but now they have this incredible delivery system where the entire sim can be "refreshed" in near real time as the data updates.  Now new stadiums are there, new construction is depicted, new rail systems etc etc can all be updated throughout the "10 year" master plan they've laid out.

In short now we can see through the fog a bit the benefits of the foundation they have built for the past 24 months can start to shine.

And this does not by any means infer that I think things are perfect, we are all aware of some of they key shortcomings that need to be addressed this is about the benefits of the delivery system starting to shine.  

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

4 hours ago, abrams_tank said:

My two favorite strategical moves that Jorg made

plus to conceive of MSFS and suggest to Asobo and convincing his game division boss Phil Spencer & Co for their take off clearance.

• Like 4

very nice.

46 minutes ago, turbomax said:

suggest to Asobo and convincing his game division boss Phil Spencer & Co for their take off clearance.

I honestly think Jorg showed Phil Spencer and/or the other Microsoft executives the competition to MSFS - that is P3D and XP, when Jorg made the pitch to do MSFS. Probably showed Phil Spencer the graphics, and showed that both P3D and XP don’t have streaming ortho to cover the entire earth, and mentioned how Microsoft could leverage Bing Maps to help MSFS.

I’m sure that helped Jorg’s case to convince Phil Spencer and the other executives to go ahead and green light MSFS,

I have always firmly believed that if P3D and XP were much more advanced, like MSFS is, that would have dissuaded Microsoft from re-entering the flight simulation market again.  Microsoft is about making money after all, and it’s not the greatest idea to enter a market when the competition is tough, Instead, Jorg and Microsoft probably looked at P3D and XP at the time, and knew they could beat the competition.

That’s my theory. Dunno if that actually happened, but I surmise the decision process to make MSFS could have gone down like that.

Edited by abrams_tank
  • Like 1

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

5 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

I honestly think Jorg showed Phil Spencer and/or the other Microsoft executives the competition to MSFS - that is P3D and XP, when Jorg made the pitch to do MSFS. Probably showed Phil Spencer the graphics, and showed that both P3D and XP don’t have streaming ortho to cover the entire earth, and mentioned how Microsoft could leverage Bing Maps to help MSFS.

I’m sure that helped Jorg’s case to convince Phil Spencer and the other executives to go ahead and green light MSFS,

I have always firmly believed that if P3D and XP were much more advanced, like MSFS is, that would have dissuaded Microsoft from re-entering the flight simulation market again.  Microsoft is about making money after all.  Instead, Jorg and Microsoft probably looked at P3D and XP at the time, and knew they could beat the competition.

That’s my theory. Dunno if that actually happened, but I surmise the decision process to make MSFS could have gone down the lines of that.

I doubt any of that came into it in my honest opinion.  You rarely sell on your competitors weakness but on your own strengths.  I sure MS were well aware of what LM and LR were doing and their decision was based on a lot of market analysis, desire to bring the MSFS franchise back to MS and more importantly to XBOX, Bing integration and and neither LM nor LR were going to XBox nor integrating with Bing with a flight simulator so that inevitably leads to where they are today.  

• Upvote 2

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg