Sign in to follow this  
Paul_Yorks

PMDG 737 800 (not)

It's interesting to me that there is not a single thread on the front page of this forum (might depend on your thread/page I guess) about the 800.

The "800 is out" thread is on page 2; but isn't hot.  12 pages.  Bah, shorty.  But not a single thread about how fab the new 800 is.

This, after we saw a bunch of posts not long ago asking the Mods to put the Fenix threads into a separate sub-forum, since the front page was "overwhelmed" with Fenix stuff.

I don't like the PMDG pricing strategy here.  It was always, obviously, an attempt to say "buy the 7/600 now, and the 800 later".  Is the lack of content here indicative of a failure of that model?  Honestly, I don't know.  I hope so.  I haven't bought any of 'em, yet, and am hoping PMDG will eventually see sense and do a multi-model deal.

But it does seem interesting, and certainly it is a different state of affairs compared to a lot of the other top-flight releases we've seen.  Equally it might just be that all the comments have already been made about the 6/700s.  But I do wonder.

Edited by Paul_Yorks
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Paul Skol

no one is talking about it because they are all in the sim flying and enjoying it.

• Like 11
  • Upvote 6

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

1 minute ago, Brandon01110 said:

no one is talking about it because they are all in the sim flying and enjoying it.

Well that's a first, mate, and I've been here about 20 years 😄

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Paul Skol

i bought the 600 but after so many years/sims of flying boeings, especially the pmdg(why can't they make something else) i'm bored of more boerings 737's🙂👍

GA/VFR in msfs is amazing so i'm not buying any more boerings or airbuses👌

• Like 4

Well I'm not talking about it because I haven't bought it. I bought the 700, but that's it for me. I'm not playing that pricing game. But I'll post and give your thread a bump! 😁

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

Great, just what we need: Another thread were people pointlessly whine about the pricing model. 

As if the other one isn't littered with that already.

• Like 8
  • Upvote 8

They are taking their posts to the appropriate forums which is the PMDG forums. Fenix don't have forums they have a discord that is ridiculous sometimes and the fact I can't visit their discord is because I refuse to give my Cell phone #, that's why more people post here about Fenix my guess.

Edited by jbdbow1970
  • Upvote 2

34 minutes ago, ashepherd316 said:

when will we see the 747

After the 777 

• Upvote 1

Bought it and flying it, And i think the majority are just glad it's out and no issues to report.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

PMDG has a dedicated forum for users, Fenix does not.

Also, I dont own any of them but will purchase the 800 after the first patch (I never buy anything sooner then that)

Edited by Mike S KPDX

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

51 minutes ago, Beerz said:

i'm bored of more boerings 737's

research has shown that borings 737's didn't sell so they decided to rename the company into boeing. same thing with the German car maker Horch which nobody would buy until the company was renamed into the latin equivalent of Audi, the imperative form of "listen!"

Edited by turbomax

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

54 minutes ago, Paul_Yorks said:

It's interesting to me that there is not a single thread on the front page of this forum (might depend on your thread/page I guess) about the 800.

The "800 is out" thread is on page 2; but isn't hot.  12 pages.  Bah, shorty.  But not a single thread about how fab the new 800 is.

This, after we saw a bunch of posts not long ago asking the Mods to put the Fenix threads into a separate sub-forum, since the front page was "overwhelmed" with Fenix stuff.

I don't like the PMDG pricing strategy here.  It was always, obviously, an attempt to say "buy the 7/600 now, and the 800 later".  Is the lack of content here indicative of a failure of that model?  Honestly, I don't know.  I hope so.  I haven't bought any of 'em, yet, and am hoping PMDG will eventually see sense and do a multi-model deal.

But it does seem interesting, and certainly it is a different state of affairs compared to a lot of the other top-flight releases we've seen.  Equally it might just be that all the comments have already been made about the 6/700s.  But I do wonder.

So this is you complaining about something you haven't bought?    Not from TripAdvisor are you?

• Like 11
  • Upvote 1

ngxu_banner.png

9 minutes ago, ailchim said:

So this is you complaining about something you haven't bought?    Not from TripAdvisor are you?

Yelp.

• Like 3

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440