Sign in to follow this  
Pastaiolo

XP12: the good, the bad, the ugly

8 minutes ago, Sethos said:

You sure that isn't the shadows cast from the clouds above?

too sudden i think to be clouds... this is like an on/off switch

and at one point earlier on there weren't any clouds above

Edited by UKflyer

3 minutes ago, efis007 said:

Thanks UKflyer 👍

Oh my God, if the cockpits go dark instantly where is the "new lighting system"? 🙄
That's the old XP11 buggy lighting system. 👎

yeh not good

also the problem with fog not appearing below the clouds from above

how many times have we come across this .. jees

weather1.jpg

10 minutes ago, UKflyer said:

too sudden i think to be clouds... this is like an on/off switch

and at one point earlier on there weren't any clouds above

Thanks for report 👍

Cockpit turning black is the bug I hated the most in XP11 !!!
I had already written 2 years ago a criticism on the forum org about this stupid bug: https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/122225-very-dark-cockpits/&page=2#comment-2094117

I will never purchase XP12 until this bug (if it really exists!) is permanently removed or fixed. 

• Like 1

* FS2004 Supersky * ( Atmo Ambient Environment addon) creator.
* XP11 atmoXphere * (
Atmo Ambient Environment addon ) creator.
XP12.0.8 * with ACT (A
mbient Corrector Tweek ).

[Pc intel i3-4160 3.6ghz, 8gb ram, GeForce RTX-3060 12gb, Win10 Home 64bit]

53 minutes ago, efis007 said:

Thanks for report 👍

Cockpit turning black is the bug I hated the most in XP11 !!!
I had already written 2 years ago a criticism on the forum org about this stupid bug: https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/122225-very-dark-cockpits/&page=2#comment-2094117

I will never purchase XP12 until this bug (if it really exists!) is permanently removed or fixed. 

looks like xp12 is xp11 with a few mods thrown in 😕not buying for a while, i was really hoping for a new sim not xplane 11.60

• Like 2

4 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

theres no such thing, only pay to beta. on all platforms.

This is actually the truth. XP has always been in a never-ending state of alpha/beta no matter when you decide to purchase.

It is their business & developmental model, which is both a blessing AND a curse at the same time. Good because they're always trying to improve it (albeit for me the changes are just too slow and too late and are never really satisfying), bad because the constant changes throughout the year always mean that your 3rd party aircraft constantly need to be patched, and not all devs keep doing this, so sometimes you get burned.

Still, XP has a terrific replay system in place. Just can't understand why the MS sim still won't provide this, even after 2 years post release.

Edited by hangar
  • Upvote 1

The Good:

Citation X - Flew the ILS 10L at KPDX procedure perfectly in the demo. 

A330 - Love the new FMOD sound. 

Weather - the experience of flying through a rain shower in the setting sun coupled with the new sound effects of rain on the fuselage put a smile on face. Very convincing. 

Water - the new water design looks incredible. 

Performance - with weather/clouds, AI traffic, the demo performed great and FPS stayed well into the 30's over KPDX with a moderate RTX 2060 Super graphics card. 

The Bad:

Same boring ground textures. I'm not concerned I'll be loading it with Orbx regions and Ortho.

The Ugly:

Ground Textures: After the flying XP11 and MSFS with ortho its hard to go back to the Plausible World. 

I've been following XP since version 9. This has been the best early release. I'm excited to see where the updates take v12. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Justin Fletcher

51 minutes ago, airopsfletch said:

The Good:

Citation X - Flew the ILS 10L at KPDX procedure perfectly in the demo. 

A330 - Love the new FMOD sound. 

Weather - the experience of flying through a rain shower in the setting sun coupled with the new sound effects of rain on the fuselage put a smile on face. Very convincing. 

Water - the new water design looks incredible. 

Performance - with weather/clouds, AI traffic, the demo performed great and FPS stayed well into the 30's over KPDX with a moderate RTX 2060 Super graphics card. 

The Bad:

Same boring ground textures. I'm not concerned I'll be loading it with Orbx regions and Ortho.

The Ugly:

Ground Textures: After the flying XP11 and MSFS with ortho its hard to go back to the Plausible World. 

I've been following XP since version 9. This has been the best early release. I'm excited to see where the updates take v12. 

i agree taking off in a rain shower is a lot better experience in this version

well this is pretty cool...winter 😃

we'll put this in the good category lol

winter.jpg

Edited by UKflyer
  • Like 7

7 hours ago, jcomm said:

Can gals in bikini be seen on beaches ?

And can they be seen without bikini also on beaches?

• Like 3

Carmine

MSI z370 sli plus, EVGA SUPERNOVA 1000 PS, i9 9900k running 4.7Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, EVGA RTX 2080TI XF ULTRA 11GB, LG 42.5in, TONS (100+ TB) of HD/SSD/RAID 0/RAID 5 boxes, Oculus Rift & Rift-S, All the Saitek controls/panels, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro

20 minutes ago, UKflyer said:

well this is pretty cool...winter 😃

Agreed. But also because it hides the ugly ground textures 😁.

They did do a good job on the snow though and the winter trees (though the trees are far too sparse). It's a pity they didn't add procedural grass on the ground textures to at least hide them at low altitude and make VFR flying a far more realistic. That's my biggest gripe (or at least have better ground textures). I can't imagine procedural 3D grass would be that complex.

• Like 2

I didn't expect it to compete with MSFS graphically, but this is a bit disappointing.

As Flight Sim Hangar said on his YouTube video, "this looks more like XP11.6 than XP12". Sparse trees, edgy streets and rivers, boring ground textures, obvious autogen...

But the best is the B737 FMC in the Aribus. And that's the hyped A330? I thought the ASOBO A320 was bad... well it was... but at least they had a Airbus FMC.

• Like 3

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

I'm disappointed. It still looks very out of date. But it's a beta so I'm hoping for better with the final release. (I've got shimmering clouds?)

• Like 1

What I did notice is you can change the sound output device on the fly. I like that. I used to have to restart, I have lot's of sound output devices so this is a big plus for me so far.