Sign in to follow this  
Pastaiolo

XP12: the good, the bad, the ugly

when I said that the next big update will contain additional terrain, I didn’t mean a complete rework with AI generated terrain.

LR already confirmed that scenery wise, important parts are missing and those will be added in (one of) the next beta.

I hope this will include all three: ground textures, buildings and higher resolution mesh.

Bad sim , no rotor effects on trees 😞 

• Like 1

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

38 minutes ago, Humpty said:

and even worst.... No Gals in bikini on beaches 😞

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulator: MSFS 2020 ! Hands down (all summed up) Best sim ever!!!

12 hours ago, MrBitstFlyer said:

Confirmed, no shadows here on autogen or trees with all settings high/maxed.

Just found this interesting post. Looks like you can manually increase the shadow draw distance. Take a look here https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/203998-scenery-shadow-lod/&do=findComment&comment=1853380

Edited by Baber20

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive

7 minutes ago, Baber20 said:

Just found this interesting post. Looks like you can manually increase the shadow draw distance. Take a look here https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/203998-scenery-shadow-lod/&do=findComment&comment=1853380

But there were plugins that allowed you to do that in XP 11 as well. You could also do things like reduce road traffic to increase frame rates, etc etc.

Since xp12 seems to be essentially XP 11 with mods, it's probably safe to assume that all that other stuff is available beneath the hood as well.

• Like 1

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

24 minutes ago, HiFlyer said:

xp12 seems to be essentially XP 11 with mods

😀

• Like 2

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

Has anyone experienced oddities with rain using real world weather and rain on windshield?

Like, sometimes I see the puddles on the ground, hear the patter of rain on the plane, even rain outside but sitting in the cockpit, I see no rain and nothing on the windshield. Other times, I see puddles but hear nothing, yet if you move the camera around fast enough, you see what appears to be streaks of rain? There's just this weird disconnect in the rain effects I feel.

Right now I'm sitting at EKCH. I hear the rain, it's thumping away on the roof of the cockpit but windshield is clean and I see nothing visually outside. Reported as no precip but sim seems to trigger the sounds anyway. 

Edited by Sethos

Asus TUF X670E-PLUS | 7800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR @ CL30 6000MHz | RTX 4090 Founders Edition (Undervolted) | WD SNX 850X 2TB + 4TB + 4TB

I had a CTD today - my first with XP12 since I installed it yesterday.

An email to LR was automatically assembled, and I sent it and hope for the report to help identifying the glitch.

Other than that, XP12 is running amazingly smooth in my rig,  I am enjoying the weather rendering, the Sky Colours, the effects on the aircraft, the way the aircraft feel.... 

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

4 hours ago, Humpty said:

Does any sim do this out of curiosity? I've never noticed. It would be cool 

6 minutes ago, tonywob said:

I think DCS ,  need to recheck 

17 minutes ago, Humpty said:

I think DCS ,  need to recheck 

No Humpty, the trees in DCS shake because of the guys hiding inside of the bushes  and under the tress shaking of fear / terror as soon as they realise it could be Zulfi approaching the area at the controls of an heli....

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 2

Main Simulation Rig:

7 minutes ago, jcomm said:

No Humpty, the trees in DCS shake because of the guys hiding inside of the bushes  and under the tress shaking of feer / terror as soon as they realise it could be Zulfi approaching the area at the controls of an heli....

Yeah that could be it . They know I am always in vrs and will crash on them

3 hours ago, Sethos said:

Has anyone experienced oddities with rain using real world weather and rain on windshield?

Like, sometimes I see the puddles on the ground, hear the patter of rain on the plane, even rain outside but sitting in the cockpit, I see no rain and nothing on the windshield. Other times, I see puddles but hear nothing, yet if you move the camera around fast enough, you see what appears to be streaks of rain? There's just this weird disconnect in the rain effects I feel.

Right now I'm sitting at EKCH. I hear the rain, it's thumping away on the roof of the cockpit but windshield is clean and I see nothing visually outside. Reported as no precip but sim seems to trigger the sounds anyway. 

I’ve seen this also.  Need to send in a bug report. 

1 hour ago, tonywob said:

FlightGear does it on grass, maybe even on trees.

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

15 hours ago, Randall said:

Shadows in the beta are only rendered for objects close to your plane, about 1000 ft.

LOD's for the new trees is also very aggressive.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5