Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

Nvidia Driver

3 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I think I read  some of the beta testers reported this CTD weeks ago....

Indeed. It appeared first in beta .18 two weeks ago and immediately got a lot of attention on the forums. Many including me were yelling and screaming not to release with the CTD. This makes me 😡

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

4 hours ago, Zimmerbz said:

Where do you find 517.40?  It isn't in my Nvidia App.  Does that resolve the blurry displays that people get in DLSS?

The driver will not resolve blurry displays.  DLSS was designed for people who desire to game on high resolution displays and get their frame rates higher.  It does this by forcing the sim to render in a lower screen resolution than native and then the artificial intelligence in DLSS adds back the missing pixels to get back to your native resolution.  For people not using high resolution displays, this is what is causing the cockpit instruments to be blurry.  The only way to fix this will be for the aircraft developers to apply a mask over the glass (if they choose to) to keep it from happening.  DLSS serves no real purpose for people gaming at 1920x1080 except giving you the blurry instruments.  DLAA on the other hand, is for people using lower resolution displays where you will get some benefits of DLSS without the scaling that is causing the blurred instruments.  If you choose to use DLSS on a lower resolution display, the only way to get some sharpness back is to put the AMD FSR slider all the way to the right (at 200).  

Edited by Viper714
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, Zimmerbz said:

Ok thanks... So at this point there is no point to running DLSS until Asobo fixes it.  Would you agree or is there any benefit to using that and DX12?

With DLSS, if you use aircraft with analogue gauges, it is perfectly fine.  If you use aircraft with flat screens, like the Fenix Airbus, PMDG 737, or anything using a Gamin G1000 etc., then you will get some slight blurring on those panels.
I use 4k resolution anyway, so I add some extra sharpening, and while still not ideal, I find the result acceptable.

With DX12, you can toss a coin.  While it is better with the new studio driver, you might not see any benefit, but you may get a smoother experience if you were previously main thread limited. 
It does depend a lot on your settings and PC hardware, so all you can do is try it, it is easy to put back to DX11 if you don't like it.

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I’m still driving an old (maybe ancient by todays standards) GTX980Ti. Although the card is DX12 capable, I will get zero benefit from either DLSS or DLAA (or not even be able to select it) and I should stick to DX11 with TAA. Would that be correct?

Not at PC to experiment with settings right now. Running a 1440P res monitor.

Edited by RaptyrOne

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

1 hour ago, RaptyrOne said:

I’m still driving an old (maybe ancient by todays standards) GTX980Ti. Although the card is DX12 capable, I will get zero benefit from either DLSS or DLAA (or not even be able to select it) and I should stick to DX11 with TAA. Would that be correct?

Not at PC to experiment with settings right now. Running a 1440P res monitor.

From what I've seen you are not missing much. I've tried DLSS and DX12, you name it, and have gone back to DX11/TAA which work absolutely splendidly with my 2070. When it's sorted and out of Beta I may switch to DX12 but as I can't run DLSS3 I doubt I'll bother with DLSS which degrades the image for no noticeable gain that I could see.  

• Like 1

4k screen users should opt for which technology? I've selected DLSS and get these blurries on B-737 display units (where digits change rapidly for example). Selecting any other modes would make FPS worse?

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

Instagram: AeroTacto

NVIDIA Home > Support Home Page > Knowledgebase Home Page >  Lower performance after upgrading to Microsoft Windows 11 2022 Update

Lower performance after upgrading to Microsoft Windows 11 2022 Update

Updated 09/23/2022 08:14 PM
Lower performance after upgrading to Microsoft Windows 11 2022 Update

Issue: 
Some users may observer lower performance in games or applications after updating to Microsoft Windows 11 2022 Update

Solution:
Update to the latest NVIDIA GeForce Experience v3.26 BETA by choosing from one of the two methods below:

a) Manually download the NVIDIA GeForce Experience v3.26 installer from the URL below.  Once downloaded, proceed with the installation. 

b) From within the GeForce Experience app, open up “Settings” in GeForce Experience and select “Enable Experimental Features”.  Then close GeForce Experience.  Wait 30 seconds and then re-open GeForce Experience.  The app will automatically update to the latest version.  

aid_5395_01.png

The non-Beta version of NVIDIA GeForce Experience 3.26 is expected to go live with a new GeForce Game Ready Driver the week of September 26

This is official from NVIDIA. I don´t use the bloatware Geforce Experience, so I will wait for the Game Drivers and not the studio drivers and rolled back from the last W11 update cause I had laggy problems.

28 minutes ago, Wanthuyr Filho said:

4k screen users should opt for which technology? I've selected DLSS and get these blurries on B-737 display units (where digits change rapidly for example). Selecting any other modes would make FPS worse?

Up to you. Either increase sharpening, or go back to TAA.

I am sticking with DLSS at 4k.  I got used to the slight flurries and it really isn't that bad. I have much better performance with DLSS.

• Like 2

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

2 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

Up to you. Either increase sharpening, or go back to TAA.

I am sticking with DLSS at 4k.  I got used to the slight flurries and it really isn't that bad. I have much better performance with DLSS.

By increasing sharpness you mean that AMD setting (all the way to 200)? Thanks.

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

29 minutes ago, Wanthuyr Filho said:

Depends om your system. Not everyone sees a huge difference in fps with DLSS. It all depends on what your bottleneck in the chain is. Besides, the screens look absolutely terrible on my pc with DLSS so... I am back to TAA. 

6 minutes ago, Wanthuyr Filho said:

By increasing sharpness you mean that AMD setting (all the way to 200)? Thanks.

Yes.  Although it says AMD, it works for Nvidia cards also. I have mine at just 100 or the trees and other scenery objects can look to sharp. But I am at 4k.

You will find you get used to the slight bllurries on the screens after a while.  It is waiting for Asobo to fix this by adding masks to the flat screens. It isn't a driver problem. Asobo are aware of it.  I think we may have to wait until SU12.  I don't expect a fix in SU11.

Also, as Tup says above, everyone has a different opinion on it.  While I find it slightly annoying,  I can cope with it easily enough at 4k with sharpening, because my performance increase is so good.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bobcat999 said:

Yes.  Although it says AMD, it works for Nvidia cards also. I have mine at just 100 or the trees and other scenery objects can look to sharp. But I am at 4k.

You will find you get used to the slight bllurries on the screens after a while.  It is waiting for Asobo to fix this by adding masks to the flat screens. It isn't a driver problem. Asobo are aware of it.  Ithink we may have to wait until SU12.  I don't expect a fix in SU11.

Alright, I've set it to 200 and will see the difference on next flight. I am at native 4k too (55" screen). Thanks.

• Like 1

Best regards,

Wanthuyr Filho

I'm on a 3090 with 516.94 and I don't have a DLSS option.  Any idea why this is happening?

I9-9900, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3090 FTW