Sign in to follow this  
DAD

Fenix Update is out, too

Thanks my speed was certainly above those noted in the change notes.  I see that it says not to use the simplified NWS if you have a NWS axis…is there a toggle somewhere that I can check or is it all supposed to be automatic (not sure why the change log would say not to use it if it were all automatic).

Edited by regis9

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

1 hour ago, regis9 said:

Thanks my speed was certainly above those noted in the change notes.  I see that it says not to use the simplified NWS if you have a NWS axis…is there a toggle somewhere that I can check or is it all supposed to be automatic (not sure why the change log would say not to use it if it were all automatic).

If you set something to the NWS axis, the rest is entirely automatic.

Just don't forget to use the tiller toggle button on the tiller to your left, near the Captains stick. You don't know how many times I've gone to TO/FLEX or TOGA and have no rudder control because I forgot to turn off the tiller. 😄

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

9 hours ago, WestAir said:

Just don't forget to use the tiller toggle button on the tiller to your left, near the Captains stick. You don't know how many times I've gone to TO/FLEX or TOGA and have no rudder control because I forgot to turn off the tiller. 😄

When you have a NWS axis assigned you can ignore that tiller toggle button unless you want to test the rudder pedals during taxi. I have a NWS axis and never test the rudder pedals during taxi and hence never touch that tiller button and everything works like a charm. You make it sound that with a NWS axis you need to use that button at all times... which you don't...?

1 hour ago, tup61 said:

When you have a NWS axis assigned you can ignore that tiller toggle button unless you want to test the rudder pedals during taxi. I have a NWS axis and never test the rudder pedals during taxi and hence never touch that tiller button and everything works like a charm. You make it sound that with a NWS axis you need to use that button at all times... which you don't...?

Oh! Is that so? I just learned something new. Thanks Tup!

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

43 minutes ago, WestAir said:

Oh! Is that so? I just learned something new. Thanks Tup!

The button just disconnects the pedals from the nosewheel (they are always connected in the real plane, their movement range is just limited, which is why you have a tiller to do 45 to 90 degree turns).
Its function is only to test rudder functionality during flight control check, because if you would not push the button and then use the rudders to check on them, you would also move the nosewheel while standing still. This obviously could damage the tire and/or the entire gear section.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, WestAir said:

So if I don’t have a NWS axis assigned, do I need to press the tiller button to deactivate or is it automatic?  This is where I’m getting confused.

Side note, I wish I could buy a decent plug and play tiller that doesn’t need to be mounted in a home cockpit.  Unfortunately the guy in Australia that was making really nice ones last year isn’t currently producing any.  I’d love a tiller axis but would want to do it properly.  Maybe I’ll have to give in and try an Xbox controller or something.

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

22 minutes ago, regis9 said:

So if I don’t have a NWS axis assigned, do I need to press the tiller button to deactivate or is it automatic?  This is where I’m getting confused.

It's all automatic. Without a NWS axis assigned, the Fenix will merge your rudder axis with the control authority given to the tiller.

• Like 1