Sign in to follow this  
DAD

Fenix Update is out, too

7 minutes ago, Kopteeni said:

Excuse me for thinking that you quoting my post and saying that it's hard to believe would lead me to thinking you were finding it hard to believe my post.

Back to the topic, please. I'm genuinely curious since the procedure seems wild to me and completely against how the Airbus was designed. I'm just a dumb sim pilot but always curious to hear what they are doing IRL.

I had a friend that checked out Delta Pilots for their semi annual check ride. He explained to me that having the auto thrust on he felt was much safer, because in the airport environment where the pilot had to be watching for traffic, glide path, Localizer, etc, the fact that a speed could be assigned, took the task of watching the airspeed indicator for minor fluctuations off the table. The pilot could then devote more of his scan time, too issues that could not be easily automated by the aircraft. In addition, Airbus is so focused on keeping the aircraft in a safe envelope, controlling the airspeed seems to be one of it's fortes. 

On approach both for the 737 and A 320, I have always left AT on, and never had an issue. 

• Like 2

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

4 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

The pilot could then devote more of his scan time, too issues that could not be easily automated by the aircraft

That's what the Airbus is all about. Reduce the workload, reduce the risks. That's why the procedure where you explicitly ditch the autothrust sounds outlandish.

• Like 2

gentlemen do we have a 737 v 320 thing going on lol !

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer 280 AIO Cooler . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

Good Airbus Video 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

My beloved Fenix has a few circuit breakers always out now when I start a flight.

I hope the oncoming hotfix will fix this so launching the Fenix will be again with all the circuit breakers plugged in 🙂

2 minutes ago, JetCat said:

My beloved Fenix has a few circuit breakers always out now when I start a flight.

I hope the oncoming hotfix will fix this so launching the Fenix will be again with all the circuit breakers plugged in 🙂

Haven't seen that. Any particular breakers?

I had one pop mid flight yesterday, no failures in use at the time, but it wasn't for anything critical. I just saw the warning come up on the display and reset it, all was good from then on.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

that is a bit strange, without setting failures.??

• Like 1

MSI X670E Carbon Wifi, 7800X3D, TUF 4090 , X4 NVME's. OS on a 2TB 980 Pro , MSFS on " 2TB WD Black , G Skill F5 32 GB RAM ( 6000 allegedly) Corsair RM1000 PSU, Artic Freezer 280 AIO Cooler . Phanteks P600s Case ,TCL QM8B 50" 120/144 Hz TV, Warthog Stick and TCA Captains throttle ( full pack) Logitech / Saitek Rudder Pedals , Streamdeck XL / Streamdeck +

I'm still not getting any intersection takeoff options in the EFB no Flaps clean speeds on the EFB take off page and no trans alt entries. It's not a huge deal and I still like flying the Fenix, but I wonder why I do not get the options on my installation.

Does anyone had an airport I can test that does show intersection take off options?

Thanks!

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

On 9/22/2022 at 12:13 AM, DAD said:

Removed N2 filter during start to prevent fuel flow earlier than 22% N2

This one is interesting. After the HotStart Challenger was released, I tried to make a hotstart with the Fenix, but it was impossible. Fuel was not introduced into the engine earlier than I think 18-20% N1 even when the fuel levers are put fully forward 😄 The FADEC fully autostarts the turbines and there is no way to introduce fuel more early, even when giving full throttle on the levers.

(But the PMDG 737 that has no autostart like the Fenix, and manual fuel cutoff switches, has also no hotstart failure function available.)

7 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Haven't seen that. Any particular breakers?

Yes, whenever I start a new flight always these same circuit breakers (they are hidden behind the movable folding chair) are out. Maybe reinstalling the Fenix will solve this problem...

20220923081150-1.jpg

14 hours ago, SKEWR said:

I'm still not getting any intersection takeoff options in the EFB no Flaps clean speeds on the EFB take off page and no trans alt entries. It's not a huge deal and I still like flying the Fenix, but I wonder why I do not get the options on my installation.

Does anyone had an airport I can test that does show intersection take off options?

Thanks!

Intersections are not at every airport as intersection data cannot be automatically acquired/extrapolated, so it is manually input in a database, these are updated from time to time - but if there's an airport you really want, send a ticket in and we'll have it bumped.

• Like 1

Aamir Thacker

4 minutes ago, Aamir said:

Intersections are not at every airport as intersection data cannot be automatically acquired/extrapolated, so it is manually input in a database, these are updated from time to time - but if there's an airport you really want, send a ticket in and we'll have it bumped.

I'd rather have a manual entry of the TORA, so people can take the intersection figures from the charts (or guesstimate). Not being able to do intersections is really a problem on Vatsim.

40 minutes ago, Fiorentoni said:

I'd rather have a manual entry of the TORA, so people can take the intersection figures from the charts (or guesstimate). Not being able to do intersections is really a problem on Vatsim.

Could you submit this as a ticket and mark it a feature request? I'll see to it from there.

Aamir Thacker

17 minutes ago, Aamir said:

Could you submit this as a ticket and mark it a feature request? I'll see to it from there.

Done.