Sign in to follow this  
DAD

Fenix Update is out, too

57 minutes ago, Axis3600 said:

This is the sound when the plane is in turbulence. They added it I find it a bit too repetitive

It has been reported on the Fenix discord that this has been fixed (along with several other items) and will be part of a hot-fix to be released shortly.

• Like 2

David Webster

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D | G.Skill 32GB DDR4 3600Mhz | EVGA RTX 3080 Ti @ 3440X1440 | Crucial 2TB M.2 | Win11

1 hour ago, Barnes said:

hot-fix to be released shortly.

Aamir

Hi guys, just to keep you all in the loop - I've just pushed a hotfix build to our testing team. To give you an idea of what's being addressed, here's the changelog for your viewing. Please note, this is not the final changelog. We will be leaving it with the testing team for a little while to ensure we don't have to hotfix the hotfix. Thanks (and goodnight!) --

A320 v1.0.3.126 Hotfixes

[SYSTEM]
- Revised logic for ground spoiler retraction, ground spoilers now retract when thrust levers are at or above 20 degrees, facilitating safer post-bounce go-arounds.
- Tuned Autoland
- Fixed engine idle EWD and associated signals for APPR IDLE segments
- Improved save reliability
- Added PLD support, phased lift dumping, to support partial spoiler extension in certain landing scenarios
- Refined APPR IDLE dynamic N1 calculation

[FM]
- Added drag to Flap 2 and 3
- Added drag to landing gear

[ART&SOUND]
- Removed blue highlights when mousing over items by default
- Fixed random errant turbulence sounds
- Fixed high pitched click every 4.5 seconds when AEVC is on

// (this is normally where the link goes for the download... and I nearly hit send with this included because I am very intelligent)
Edited by DAD
  • Like 10

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Is there any way to save the aircraft in Mid Flight or just before take-off etc whilst also saving the state of the MCDU -  flight plan, INIT pages, PERF etc?  

18 minutes ago, flyboy340 said:

Is there any way to save the aircraft in Mid Flight or just before take-off etc whilst also saving the state of the MCDU -  flight plan, INIT pages, PERF etc?  

No.

27 minutes ago, flyboy340 said:

That's definitely number one on my wish list. Unfortuntaly it isn't even on the Fenix to do list right now (afaik) which is a big shame. I think that 5 out of 10 times this keeps me from flying the Fenix due to lack of time. 

Edited by tup61
  • Like 1

I have taken three flights now with the new update, and on two flights the ND froze. Only the ND mind you; every other display worked. Tried switching ND modes, switching the ND to a different screen (ECAM), tried minimising and maximising the sim, all to no avail. What is interesting is that the screen briefly updates when rotating the range or mode selected, but only for a split second. 

Anyone else have that issue?

Rendering mode is CPU btw, CPU is 5800X3D, graphics card is 6800XT  

Formally screen name was Alex_YSSY until the forum software ate my account  ^_^

Its a great plane for sure but two things that I want is for Volanta to save the flight in case of a ctd and I want to be able to use my honeycomb controls, I hate using the mouse especially when the plane is bobbing up and down in flight.....alsp you cant practice approaches, when you load the plane on final its sat in the bloody water,,,,,,these things need sortin, ill pay anther 50 quid if I had too

Regards

Paul EGCC

38 minutes ago, tup61 said:

That's definitely number one on my wish list. Unfortuntaly it isn't even on the Fenix to do list right now (afaik) which is a big shame. I think that 5 out of 10 times this keeps me from flying the Fenix due to lack of time. 

I don't think it is doable with this aircraft, 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, Bobsk8 said:

I don't think it is doable with this aircraft, 

Maybe this is more a problem for / with Asobo, thinking of some code that is not optimised for this action - at the moment.

That could definitely work if Asobo would adapt the MSFS code accordingly..

cheers 😉

Edited by pmplayer

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

14 minutes ago, pmplayer said:

Maybe this is more a problem for / with Asobo, thinking of some code that is not optimised for this action - at the moment.

That could definitely work if Asobo would adapt the MSFS code accordingly..

cheers 😉

It’s not an Asobo problem… the issue is that ProSim doesn’t support panel state saving, so Fenix has to find a solution themselves. 

• Like 1

I really struggle to land the Fenix, before and after the update.  PMDG 737 feels better in my opinion.  I really don't know what it is with the Fenix but always end up either smashing it into the ground or floating to the moon and back.

Thomas Derbyshire

I need to do some more flights to confirm, but on my first two post patch flights the plane seems really lethargic to climb/accelerate after takeoff.  On both my flights the airspeed initially increased, then started dropping down to about 140 knots before finally starting to climb again when I manually reduced the climb (the autopilot wasn’t climbing abnormally fast or anything, maybe 2000-2500 fpm?).  Weights are all well below MTOW.

I’ll do a few more flights and really pay attention to what the aircraft is doing but after hundreds of virtual A320 flights it seems abnormal.

I know there were tweaks to thrust and drag…maybe that has something to do with it.  Has anyone else experienced anything like this?

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

7 hours ago, Axis3600 said:

This is the sound when the plane is in turbulence. They added it I find it a bit too repetitive

It needs to go...  Just looked above and it's slated to get removed in the hotfix.  How this got missed or originally believed this was a good idea is beyond me.

Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

48 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

It’s not an Asobo problem… the issue is that ProSim doesn’t support panel state saving, so Fenix has to find a solution themselves. 

Ohh, Thanks about this, didn`t know that..

cheers 😉

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

2 hours ago, tull said:

alsp you cant practice approaches, when you load the plane on final its sat in the bloody water,,,,,,these things need sortin, ill pay anther 50 quid if I had too

This is an Asobo issue with their 'Jump to' feature.  You should bring this up in the official forums.

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2