Sign in to follow this  
DAD

Fenix Update is out, too

12 minutes ago, tull said:

Just done a circuit at KPIT and the engines to me defo sound just that bit louder from within the Flightdeck and also feels better on touchdown ….defo an improvement in my opinion.

keep in mind, the flight deck in the airbus is pretty quiet compared to say a B 737.

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

How should we install the update? 

New install or "on top" of the existing version? 

Thanks in advance! 

Just now, LarsA said:

How should we install the update? 

New install or "on top" of the existing version? 

Thanks in advance! 

Just run the installer on top  of the original. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320,    Milviz C 310 ,  FSLTL  

TrackIR   Avliasoft EFB2    FSI Panel ,  ATC  by PF3  , A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS

Guys anyone knows if Fenix works fine with DX12?

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

3 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Just run the installer on top  of the original. 

Thanks. 

14ppkc-6.png

Is there a remote CDU now?

For me it is really weird to have a remote EFB but not remote CDU!

Edited by rob0203
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

First test flight just taking it from Ballina to Sydney. Great crazy weather. 

Sounds are much better. Overall performance is good and everything seems much more fluid. Click spots are much better and it just feels much better. Take off was a lot more smoother too and felt natural. 

UPDATED: Just landed, seems the landing was actually much more co ordinated and felt more real, the ground handling also felt much nicer. You can definitely feel the difference in FM especially within the drag and flap areas. Felt like you had to be a little more involved with SPD management. Great update all thumbs up on my end, also have a friend who used to be FO on A320 in a Aussie airline (hes currently in Miami training on the 747-800 for an American carrier). He is currently testing it too but so far feels the same way as I do. 

Edited by Ridvan Celik
  • Like 7

26 minutes ago, rob0203 said:

Is there a remote CDU now?

Unfortunately not ... I have asked some weeks ago at discord and got that answer:

"no, we are not working on it right now. We may at some point. But there are higher impact/priority items for us to work on right now, like the external engine model, display rewrites, etc that are far more important to far more of the user base than a remote MCDU."

So, no priority for them 😫

• Upvote 1

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I envy ya guys !

Want my Fenix back !!!!

Can we have one for XP12 ?

Thanks !

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

23 minutes ago, guenseli said:

Unfortunately not ... I have asked some weeks ago at discord and got that answer:

"no, we are not working on it right now. We may at some point. But there are higher impact/priority items for us to work on right now, like the external engine model, display rewrites, etc that are far more important to far more of the user base than a remote MCDU."

My question is if they are allowed to have a remote CDU etc. because they use Prosim?

I could imagine if all the hardware works with Fenix, it would not be good for the sales of Prosim?

39 minutes ago, guenseli said:

I flew a circuit as it came out pretty late for the UK last night and it is a different (better) aircraft. I think as always, Fenix are very humble and underselling a huge amount of work, it feels completely different to fly and the sounds are also completely different, not just adjusted for volume. 

And according to the point above, we still have the performance update with the screens rewrite to come so even more fluidity and fps ☺️

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, jcomm said:

Want my Fenix back !!!!

Where did you leave it? You should become the REinstaller then. Just on a short hop from ENVA to ENAL and I keep being impressed, both by the A320 and MSFS and its weather

Screenshot-155.png
Screenshot-165.png

• Like 10

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

7 hours ago, sonny147 said:

ok so why is everything that's clickable suddenly turning bright blue lol !!!

Most probably you turned this option on by accident, it is one of the MSFS settings (I cant remember which one) that "highlights" knobs and buttons when active. Or the SU10 update did that for you, I already had some strange setting changes after SU updates.

• Like 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS