Sign in to follow this  
DAD

Fenix Update is out, too

Just now, guenseli said:

@Aamir any news about a remote MCDU? thx

Status unchanged Guenter, but at this point, rest assured I'll be thinking of only you when we come around to building it! Much to do before. 

• Like 3

Aamir Thacker

Hey Aamir. Since the update it is almost impossible to see and read the CG values on the trim wheel making it virtually impossible to quickly set trim for TO. 

Was not an issue before update. Plz investigate and resolve. 

Thx,

-B

Edited by btacon

Hi, 

Should i update "everything" before SU10 or just rename my community folder to "old" first and then update SU10 first?

Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

6 minutes ago, btacon said:

Hey Aamir. Since the update it is almost impossible to see and read the CG values on the trim wheel making it virtually impossible to quickly set trim for TO. 

Was not an issue before update. Plz investigate and resolve. 

Thx,

-B

I am flying the Fenix right now, looking at the trim wheel, and it looks fine to me???

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

20 minutes ago, guenseli said:

@Aamir any news about a remote MCDU? thx

I believe that is on their back burner, if at all. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

25 minutes ago, btacon said:

Since the update it is almost impossible to see and read the CG values on the trim wheel making it virtually impossible to quickly set trim for TO. 

Who looks at the trim wheel for that? That is what the trim readout on the lower EICAM is for. 😉

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

42 minutes ago, Aamir said:

VNAV will not always have you at the top of the speed band. You can be at the top, the bottom, the middle - wherever. Prior to this update it was always at the bottom, no matter the type of VNAV pathing.

If you're in a geometric path, chances are fairly likely you'll sit at the bottom of the speed band, as at that point the aircraft isn't actually targeting an idle descent. 

Yes but why would an Airbus calculate a descent path requiring the plane to have the throttles set at anything other than at idle? Or thereabouts? They are mean buggers when it comes to burning fuel. The Fenix does not descend at idle with VNAV engaged.

PS Don't get me wrong. I am so enjoying this plane!

Edited by jarmstro

19 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I am flying the Fenix right now, looking at the trim wheel, and it looks fine to me???

Yep.  It’s fine for me now. @Dave from Fenix and I figured it out. If you are having difficulties seeing the numbers on trim wheel, increase the INTEG LT knob just to

left of throttles. Basically, my lights were too dim, tho they were not prior to Fenix update. All is well now and thx. 
-B

Edited by btacon
  • Like 1

Just now, btacon said:

Yep.  It’s fine for me now. @Dave from Fenix and I figured it out. If you are having difficulties seeing the numbers on trim wheel, increase the INTEG LT knob just to right of throttles. Basically, my lights were too dim, tho they were not prior to Fenix update. All is well now and thx. 
-B

Yeah they fixed all the lights so they don't start full on anymore, you have to adjust them. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Farlis said:

Who looks at the trim wheel for that? That is what the trim readout on the lower EICAM is for

Not familiar. I will look and thx. 

Working better here and  smoother. My neighbour was  Airbus instructor at Gul Air for 10 barely years . He retired last May and has come back to Spain. He explained  exactly the same answer from Aamir  It´s not very trusty, In any case , he´s in love with the A330 (the best Airbus ever built), says.

Best.

Edited by miguelpp

13 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Yes but why would an Airbus calculate a descent path requiring the plane to have the throttles set at anything other than at idle? Or thereabouts? They are mean buggers when it comes to burning fuel. The Fenix does not descend at idle with VNAV engaged.

Plenty of reasons - such as a geometric path mentioned above, where the aircraft is attempting to meet a constraint or restriction. Just did 2 flights back to back and pretty much had the idle descent segment do what it says on the tin.

Aamir Thacker

12 minutes ago, btacon said:

Not familiar. I will look and thx. 

So you are not doing your contol surfaces checks properly when you go through the Taxi Checklist? Tsk, tsk, tsk... 😁

Edited by Farlis

Just now, Aamir said:

Plenty of reasons - such as a geometric path mentioned above, where the aircraft is attempting to meet a constraint or restriction. Just did 2 flights back to back and pretty much had the idle descent segment do what it says on the tin.

Hmm. Maybe flying into Exeter freaks the plane out? I can't say I would blame it!👍😂

• Like 1

I‘ve updated the Fenix via the app and unfortunately the performance is much worse than before SU10. At bigger airports such as LOWW or EBBR (both payware addons) it‘s that stuttery and jittery that it‘s unplayable. I‘ve tried rebooting loads of times, to no avail.  Other aircraft I tried run okay. I haven‘t changed anything in my settings and before SU10 it ran acceptably smoothly, also at big airports. I‘m running the sim with DX11 and VR. Has anybody else experienced performance degradation in the Fenix since SU10? And more importantly, does anyone have an idea what could be done about it?

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2