Sign in to follow this  
andrevieira

"Live weather" ?

24 minutes ago, mobiel said:

Which build no. is it? I do not have any updates 😞

@mobielJust log on to rexaxis.com. Latest update should be on the right hand side of the screen. 

uQ9slqM.jpg

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

1 hour ago, andrevieira said:

Why live weather not works?

Anyone with this issue?

You can always tell the newer members & MSFS users.😁

Just joking, no offence intended. We all experience dodgy Live Weather (except those who don't use it at all).🙂

OS:     Win11 Home; Mobo: Asus TUF Gaming Z690-Plus WiFi D4; CPU: Intel i5-12400 (Alder Lake) 4.4 GHz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4 64Gb (4x16GB) 3600 MHz; GPU:  MSI Radeon RX 5700XT [8GB] 
SSD:  Corsair Force MP510 (for OS);  2x 1TB & 1x 2TB Sabrent Rocket Nvme PCIe 4.0 (one for sim, two for addons)
HDD:  Seagate 3TB (Data); Seagate 1TB (Programs), ASUS TUF Gaming VG32VQ1B Curved 31.5" monitor, 1440p, 38Mbs ethernet 

Fulcrum One Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo throttle, Thrustmaster Airbus TCA sidestick & throttle, Logitech Pro pedals, Xbox wireless gamepad (1st gen)

é pá oh André, gaijos do Puertu num têm direito a libe weather meu ! só  malta abaixo do paralelo 40, ó descupa lá-e 😜

jokes apart and as per above suggestion, when this happens change active server and reload the sim.

all the best from down 40ºN 😁 in Porta land....

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

50 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

@mobielJust log on to rexaxis.com. Latest update should be on the right hand side of the screen. 

uQ9slqM.jpg

Thanks!

1 hour ago, Jeeeno said:

Someone has clouds .... still very wrong compared to the real pictures however. 

You have to compare with metar, not with real pictures. 

Edited by Alvega
  • Like 2

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

What is the value of REX Weather Force?

Does it add any extra cloud types to MSFS? Is it like ActiveSky used to be in P3D?

This is a genuine question - I'd rather hear about it from someone who uses it as there doesn't appear to be a demo version.

FlightSim UK - Live To Fly

FSUK.jpg

Just now, TrafficPilot said:

What is the value of REX Weather Force?

Does it add any extra cloud types to MSFS? Is it like ActiveSky used to be in P3D?

This is a genuine question - I'd rather hear about it from someone who uses it as there doesn't appear to be a demo version.

Just check the REX Discord. Lots of people complaining because there is a BIG FPS hit when Rex injects weather and talking about refunds. I would wait until we see if they can fix that.

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

3 minutes ago, Alvega said:

Just check the REX Discord. Lots of people complaining because there is a BIG FPS hit when Rex injects weather and talking about refunds. I would wait until we see if they can fix that.

Yes thank you but can you answer my question? Do you own the product? Apart from the FPS hit what does it do?

Edited by TrafficPilot

FSUK.jpg

Rex Weather Force is a hack in my opinion, I can not live with the stuttering mess during transitions. Total immersion killer. 

I stopped using it. I do not recommend this piece of software at all.....

• Upvote 1

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

10 minutes ago, Silicus said:

Rex Weather Force is a hack in my opinion, I can not live with the stuttering mess during transitions. Total immersion killer. 

I stopped using it. I do not recommend this piece of software at all.....

OK. Thanks for that insight.

FSUK.jpg

1 hour ago, TrafficPilot said:

OK. Thanks for that insight.

Some people have mentioned that the cloud depiction can be more realistic. Similar to setting custom weather - more cloud variation. I'm not 100% sure of this, as I haven't used it that much myself. If I find something useful I'll post it here. 

At the moment I'm hunting for some weather to test it. I struggled with performance loss in weather transitions before, and I'm not a huge fan of the transitions. Asobo has a great global weather model with fairly natural weather changes (flying into clouds from an area of clear skies). REX handles things differently and applies the same weather everywhere, but apply transitions when you approach an area with different weather. If that makes sense. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

14 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

Some people have mentioned that the cloud depiction can be more realistic. Similar to setting custom weather - more cloud variation. I'm not 100% sure of this, as I haven't used it that much myself. If I find something useful I'll post it here. 

At the moment I'm hunting for some weather to test it. I struggled with performance loss in weather transitions before, and I'm not a huge fan of the transitions. Asobo has a great global weather model with fairly natural weather changes (flying into clouds from an area of clear skies). REX handles things differently and applies the same weather everywhere, but apply transitions when you approach an area with different weather. If that makes sense. 

Thank you for the explanation most appreciated.

• Like 1

FSUK.jpg

@Cpt_Piett summed it up well. I would add that the graphics (cloud types, layers, colors, shading) are generally more varied and more realistic than the MSFS model.

Yes, the FPS hit is real during the transitions and it can't model weather that's different than the METAR it's modeling close to the plane. And by close to the plane, I mean it can be hundreds of miles away depending on where you are.

Other flight sims allowed WF to see your planned route so that it could model the weather for the route, but that is not available through the MSFS SDK. Also, the MSFS weather data is not available in the SDK for them to use that model as the basis of providing their graphical elements.

Yes, it feels like a kludge. Yes, it's a resource drain. But, I feel it usually looks better and I sometimes use it as a result. Not always, but I do about half the time.

32 minutes ago, TrafficPilot said:

MSFS is seriously dumbed down compared to this. I guess the XBOX kids have won the argument

It has nothing to do with 'XBOX kids', and the sim is not dumbed down for XBOX.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1