Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

FSLTL - live traffic finally released

Amazing effort by the look. 

Currently I am running with a blend of Simple Traffic with lvfr static aircraft. I didn't go for AIG which - for me - seemed too complicated to set up.

Will try FSTL as soon as I can. I'll be very interested to see how the injector performs.

The ease of install is a big draw as is the likelihood of ongoing development from a great pool of devs.

Is AI behaviour different? Or is this pure cosmetic with same AI spinning and f***ups not taking off and piling up at runway shooting 230 ft over, disappearing from gate and reappearing???

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

Holy cow this actually works!

21RKl06.jpg

• Like 3

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

26 minutes ago, Piotr007 said:

Is AI behaviour different? Or is this pure cosmetic with same AI spinning and f***ups not taking off and piling up at runway shooting 230 ft over, disappearing from gate and reappearing???

• We use SimConnect from Asobo which is still being improved. There are known issues with the API, and you might see crazy flight behavior from some aircraft on occasion.
  • Once inserted into the sim, the injector no longer controls the movement of the aircraft - this is purely handled by MSFS. This is why ATC, TCAS, and other components know all details about aircraft.
  • Injector removes aircraft that go around due to MSFS bug that they will then continue to circle forever. They are not removed immediately but after around 60 seconds when some distance away from the airport (to prevent immersion breaking of vanishing aircraft). They will then typically be parked at the destination airport a short time later assuming parking is available.

Known MSFS AI Limitations & Behaviors

A number of AI limitations and traffic behaviors exist in the sim which affects all AI solutions including FSLTL. These issues require fixes from Asobo which we hope to see in the future. If you wish to upvote the issue, then you can do so via the MSFS forums here.

The known issues are:

• Aircraft spinning on taxiways where path is blocked.
  • Wrong runway assignments for given Metar.
  • Runway incursions and high go-around - MSFS ATC limitation
  • Slow runway exit speeds
  • Parking at wrong terminals - limitation of some scenery design, required dev implementation
  • Aircraft labels not supported currently

Please also note that when the injector reads real-time data of aircraft location / type / departure / destination, there is around 30-second delay in this data, along with additional delays due to MSFS inputs. Positioning won't be 100% accurate but will be very close to real-life.

https://www.fslivetrafficliveries.com/user-guide/

O-Ren Ishii: You didn't think it would be that easy, did you?
The Bride: Yeah, for a second, I kinda did.

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 3

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

6 hours ago, mwilk said:

I did it the same way. It works just fine like that.

Can you elaborate? Using the FBW installer I see no way to select other than MSFS community folder. Or did you install at the default folder and later changed the location in the config file?

Thanks 

Edmundo Azevedo

yes, the sim AI handles all the traffic once they are injected into the sim. So will not be the same as FR24, fortunately for real world passengers 😉

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x,  RTX4090, Varjo Aero, 32GB 3600MHz RAM , Samsung 980 Pro 1TB PCIe4.0,  980 1TB PCIe3.0, TUF B550M-PLUS (WIFI), Warthog HOTAS, Saitek PRO rudder pedals,  1440p Ultrawide, Track IR, TM Boeing yoke. 

Anyone tried this with FSHud? Since that sort of injects it's own traffic. 

EDIT: Since I have about 40GBs of AIG flights, and FSHud handles all of this, I don't really see a need for this one. Oh - and I've got GA aircraft too using some mod. But - this is freeware and I'll probably give it a try. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

So. Still beta traffic. Well that is clarified.

I9 12900K @ 5.1ghz P-cores/ 4.0 ghz E-cores fixed HT off / Corsair iCue H150i Capellix Cooler/ MSI Z690 CARBON WiFi / 32GB Corsair DDR5 RAM @ 5200 mhz XMP on / 12GB MSI 4090 RTX Ventus 3 / 7,5 total TB SSD (2+2+2+1+0,5 all NVMe)/ PSU 850W Corsair / 27" (1080P)

1 minute ago, ega said:

Can you elaborate? Using the FBW installer I see no way to select other than MSFS community folder. Or did you install at the default folder and later changed the location in the config file?

Thanks 

In the flybywire installer, bottom left, cog symbol, then downloads tab, then select a folder where you want to install ALL your flybywiresim stuff. You can after move the stuff around if you want, and/or use addons linker as required. Just remember to put it all back when updating. 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x,  RTX4090, Varjo Aero, 32GB 3600MHz RAM , Samsung 980 Pro 1TB PCIe4.0,  980 1TB PCIe3.0, TUF B550M-PLUS (WIFI), Warthog HOTAS, Saitek PRO rudder pedals,  1440p Ultrawide, Track IR, TM Boeing yoke. 

3 minutes ago, ega said:

Thanks 

...answered above...One can change the installation directory on FBW settings ...

Edmundo Azevedo

1 minute ago, Winkle Brown said:

In the flybywire installer, bottom left, cog symbol, then downloads tab, then select a folder where you want to install ALL your flybywiresim stuff. You can after move the stuff around if you want, and/or use addons linker as required. Just remember to put it all back when updating. 

Many thanks - got it!

Edmundo Azevedo

I'm flying Agadir Nantes I should have come across a RAM in cruise but it didn't appear on MSFS and not in the traffic injector window, yet I see it on FR24...

Otherwise for the moment no problem very happy with this software!

9 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:
  • We use SimConnect from Asobo which is still being improved. There are known issues with the API, and you might see crazy flight behavior from some aircraft on occasion.
  • Once inserted into the sim, the injector no longer controls the movement of the aircraft - this is purely handled by MSFS. This is why ATC, TCAS, and other components know all details about aircraft.
  • Injector removes aircraft that go around due to MSFS bug that they will then continue to circle forever. They are not removed immediately but after around 60 seconds when some distance away from the airport (to prevent immersion breaking of vanishing aircraft). They will then typically be parked at the destination airport a short time later assuming parking is available.

Known MSFS AI Limitations & Behaviors

A number of AI limitations and traffic behaviors exist in the sim which affects all AI solutions including FSLTL. These issues require fixes from Asobo which we hope to see in the future. If you wish to upvote the issue, then you can do so via the MSFS forums here.

The known issues are:

• Aircraft spinning on taxiways where path is blocked.
  • Wrong runway assignments for given Metar.
  • Runway incursions and high go-around - MSFS ATC limitation
  • Slow runway exit speeds
  • Parking at wrong terminals - limitation of some scenery design, required dev implementation
  • Aircraft labels not supported currently

Please also note that when the injector reads real-time data of aircraft location / type / departure / destination, there is around 30-second delay in this data, along with additional delays due to MSFS inputs. Positioning won't be 100% accurate but will be very close to real-life.

https://www.fslivetrafficliveries.com/user-guide/

O-Ren Ishii: You didn't think it would be that easy, did you?
The Bride: Yeah, for a second, I kinda did.

To me, that reads: Don't use it or be prepared to go crazy!

Paul Schmidt

We're fools to make war on our brothers in arms.

10 hours ago, Cpt_Piett said:

My AIG folder is 44.1GB. But this is something else. I'll subscribe to the thread, although I'm happy with FSHud/AIG/GA mod for now. 

GA mod? 🙂

Victor Roos

I always fly all around the world using real airline routes. Setting the simulator time to the departing time of that flight, AIG TC will inject aircraft for that time since its using flight plans so you get full airports in Japan etc even though it’s really the middle of the night there.

With FSTL using Flightradar24 to inject traffic I assume flying in Asia/ Australia even if you set the simulator time back the airports are going to be empty since it’s the middle of the night in real time?

Edited by GreyStone93
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1