Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

FSLTL - live traffic finally released

How large is the total install of this add on?

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

im sure the FSLTL AI rolls at a faster speed once landed to defaut and aig so it vacate the runway faster

Edited by steve 86

4 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

How large is the total install of this add on?

Around 21GB on your disk

• Like 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

4 minutes ago, steve 86 said:

im sure the FSLTL AI rolls at a faster speed once landed to defaut and aig so it vacate the runway faster

The vacate speed is hard coded, it can't be changed, so no, it moves at the same speed as AIG as they both use the exact same AI systems.

• Like 1

I'm sure it is listed hidden in one of the pages, but can someone tell me how this compares both in differences and similarities to what I am using now with PSXT and Real Traffic?  One thing I read is that this addon now shows traffic in the Fenix TCAS so that alone might make me want to try it but outside of that, what are the differences?  

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

Just now, Zimmerbz said:

I'm sure it is listed hidden in one of the pages, but can someone tell me how this compares both in differences and similarities to what I am using now with PSXT and Real Traffic?  One thing I read is that this addon now shows traffic in the Fenix TCAS so that alone might make me want to try it but outside of that, what are the differences?  

This traffic uses the default AI systems of the simulator. PSXT and RT just inject movement based off flight tracking.

Just now, Tuskin38 said:

This traffic uses the default AI systems of the simulator. PSXT and RT just inject movement based off flight tracking.

Ok.. Still a little unsure what that means.  Would all 3 work together then?  

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

3 minutes ago, Zimmerbz said:

Ok.. Still a little unsure what that means.  Would all 3 work together then?  

PSXT and RT can use models and liveries in AIG and FSLTL

PSXT/RT traffic are not AI driven aircraft, they're moved around following aircraft transponder data. 

FSLTL traffic uses the sim's default AI systems.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, AnkH said:

Be aware that the FSLTL Injector has a fallback routine implemented and using AIG models and repaints if FSLTL library does not offer the plane (yet). If you always deactivate the AIG library via Addon Linker when using FSLTL, you wont have those planes and repaints shown up...

That's precisely why I mentioned "one or the other". Can't have both active at the same time. Fortunately, add ons that I do not have selected are no where near my actual MSFS installation, so they won't get mixed up.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

3 minutes ago, MDFlier said:

That's precisely why I mentioned "one or the other". Can't have both active at the same time. Fortunately, add ons that I do not have selected are no where near my actual MSFS installation, so they won't get mixed up.

Having the AIG and FSLTL models installed a the same time is actually good. The FSLTL injector can grab AIG models/liveries for ones the FSLTL model/livery pack is missing.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 2

I don't like these addons that require you to manually start them. It's good though, but the fps hit is a bit too much. And it's free so I'm not in any way going to moan. I'm hoping that the Just Flight offering will have no fps impact like Global Traffic for X-Plane.

1 minute ago, jarmstro said:

but the fps hit is a bit too much. And it's free so I'm not in any way going to moan. I'm hoping that the Just Flight offering will have no fps impact like Global Traffic for X-Plane.

The FPS impact is an issue with the sim itself, not the addon. The AI is memory intensive.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I guess I understand, but that's not how I'm using them.

If I turn on AIG traffic in the linker, I deselect the FSTLTL add on at the same time and vice-versa.

I only need 1 tool at a time injecting traffic.

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

11 minutes ago, MDFlier said:

I only need 1 tool at a time injecting traffic.

You do not really understand how this is working, no? As long as you neither start up the Injector or AIG Traffic Controller, no traffic is injected at all. This is totally independent of whether or not those folders are in your community folder or not. The only little aspect of having both active at the same time in your community folder is that it takes MSFS a little longer to load due to the increased amount of models. 

I repeat again: if you move your AIG folder out of the community folder, FSLTL Injector can for example NOT use the A380 by AIG and then simply uses the ugly default model from Asobo. Same goes for CRJs, Cargo Planes, A350-1000 and all other models and repaints you potentially already have in your AIG library. 

As long as you do not fire up AIG TC in parallel to the FSLTL Injector, there is absolutely NO interference of those two...

• Like 5

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

I reinstalled FBW's Installer as admin and reinstalled FSLTL Base Models and reinstalled Injector. When I press the Start button to install traffic on the FS2020 simulator, nothing happens. The black box just flashes lightning fast, but the air traffic doesn't show up in the simulator running at my home field EFHK. Where's the problem?