Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

FSLTL - live traffic finally released

• Like 4

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x,  RTX4090, Varjo Aero, 32GB 3600MHz RAM , Samsung 980 Pro 1TB PCIe4.0,  980 1TB PCIe3.0, TUF B550M-PLUS (WIFI), Warthog HOTAS, Saitek PRO rudder pedals,  1440p Ultrawide, Track IR, TM Boeing yoke. 

Its a shame that we have to manualy start exe file for injector. I tried to register this file in exe.xml so the sim starts this application automaticly, but it only crash on start. 

I hope that devs will implement somethint to allow App start with simulator and wait for flight start to do itst thing. (like fenix is starting its app only wift flight start.) 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ryzen 9 7950X3D, 32Gb DDR5@6000Mhz, PCIe 4 NVMe SSD, RTX4090 GPU, HP Reverb G2 V2 VR

Almost never used this sort of addons with FSX, the flight simulator I spent more time and dedication as a flight simmer, and sice 2009, I totally disregarded any such solutions and concentrated only in "flying"...

Well, first MFS Real World Traffic brought me back to that unique experience, and I really don't mind seeing totally fictious liveries nd not really perfect 3d models for the AI, but after reading all I did about FSLTL I am really tempted to try it.

Depending on the performance impact it's surely a stayer!

WOW, this is just one more reason to find something really special about MFS and the whole Ecosystem that surrounds it. Indeed the best civil flight simulation environment experience I have got from a desktop flightsim so far!

Edited by jcomm
  • Like 2

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

14 minutes ago, Victoroos said:

GA mod? 🙂

Phantoms made a mod, available at flightsim.to. If one prefer to pay, that's also possible.

But from the look of this (FSLTL), it's way easier to install + it also includes GA. 

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Good idea, I just added an icon to my task bar.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x,  RTX4090, Varjo Aero, 32GB 3600MHz RAM , Samsung 980 Pro 1TB PCIe4.0,  980 1TB PCIe3.0, TUF B550M-PLUS (WIFI), Warthog HOTAS, Saitek PRO rudder pedals,  1440p Ultrawide, Track IR, TM Boeing yoke. 

I just tried it, but only the traffic injector, it works flawlessly with AIG model, my AIG folder is about 20GB (less than 46GB of the FSLTL model library)  and it has aircraft and livery missing from FSLTL such as DHL C208, TradeWind PC12 or Winnair Twin Otter. But the FSLTL is able to make use of all those models park them accurately on the apron, at the right gate but also make them flight, it is greeaaat, really.

So yes you can have at the same time FSLTL and AIG models, but only use the FSLTL traffic injector

Edited by cyril972
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, cyril972 said:

So yes you can have at the same time FSLTL and AIG models, but only use the FSLTL traffic injector

How do you link the FSLTL injector to use the AIG models? Also is there any benefit in doing this? Does it load the AI into the sim quicker?

GregH

Intel Core i7 14700K / Palit RTX4070Ti Super OC / Corsair 32GB DDR5 6000 MHz / MSI Z790 M/board / Corsair NVMe 9500 read, 8500 write / Corsair PSU1200W / CH Products Yoke, Pedals & Quad; Airbus Side Stick, Airbus Quadrant / TrackIR, 32” 4K 144hz 1ms Monitor

10 minutes ago, RaptyrOne said:

How do you link the FSLTL injector to use the AIG models? Also is there any benefit in doing this? Does it load the AI into the sim quicker?

Just keep AIG folder in the community and FSLTL and MSFS will do the job. Something you could also do is, instal FSLTL traffic injector and model library, then instal the missing planes and livery via AIG and both will be complementary 

• Like 1

I spend a few hours today at various airports testing out the product. My observations are just that, mine, and they may be wrong given I've only got about four or five hours with the software thus far. Some points I noted;

Models - The lights and sounds are IMHO far better than what we see with the AIG models. That said, there are some models and liveries that are noteably absent - I'd suggest at this stage this is probably one of the weakest parts of the package. 

Performance - Good. Better than I was expecting. Better than I expirence with PSXT + RealTraffic + AIG Models or with AIG Traffic Controller

Injector - Didn't crash once in over five hours of use. Not only that but I actually really liked being able to read the data and see what was being injected into the SIM. Worked well and I like it. Easy to use. 

Aircraft movements - I saw a lot of takeoffs but it did take some time before I'd see any arrivals. In some cases it was 15 - 20 minutes before I'd see my first arrival. At bigger airports with movements every minute that was surprising. Perhaps it is a product of relying ont he internal MSFS ATC for control once the traffic is injected.

Go Rounds - Saw a few. Also saw the usual amount of MSFS rubbish AI aircraft spinning in circles etc but I fully understand thats beyond FSLTL's control and is an issue for MSFS to sort out. For God sake Asobo, how hard is it??

Parking Positions - I've been using PSXT + RealTraffic + AIG liveries for some time to simulate live traffic in the sim. PSXT is fantastic and over time learns where each aircraft and airline actually parks/shutsdown or starts up at each airport, so you're not reliant on a developer coding in airline codes (and using the correct parking position sizes) into their parking positions. Given FSLTL traffic is controlled on the ground my MSFS ATC, it appears that traffic is just parked as per MSFS's direction and in the absence of parking codes (and parking position sizes that may not be correct), that could be anywhere. To that end, we're really more reliant on airport developers taking the extra hour and coding in parking positions and the correct sized positions into their airports. Despite what a lot of people seem to think, MSFS does recognize parking codes (as did FS9, FSX and P3D) its just that the scenery editor doesn't allow you to add them so they need to be added manually into the associated .XML files (or via ADE if you're able to get that to work). I've no idea what developers put together a good scenery and then skimp on putting in the codes....

Questions for the community or somebody at FSLTL

Nameplates - Anyway to make this happen? That would be brilliant. 

AI Traffic Range - Is there a way to limit the range of AI Traffic? I.e. at Heathrow, parked traffic is also loaded into Gatwick, Standsteed and London City (consuming valuable FPS and getting me to my upper limit of AI Traffic quicker). Would be great if I could put a limit on the RANGE to ensure that if I'm going to have 85 aircraft loaded there all at the airport I'm at. 

Static Parking - I'm not sure what algorithm FSLTL is using to place static parked aircraft upon initial injection. I can only presume its done in accordance with the airports parking position airline codes but looking at a couple of airports I'm pretty familiar with, I see a number of placed static aircraft parking in locations that they wouldn't normally.

White aircraft - What exactly are these? I presume that they are aircraft that are picked up on FR24 but dont have a corresponding model or livery? 

Generic models/liveries - On a few occasions I also saw the default horrensdoustly ugly ASOBO airline (not GA) models. They're turned off in the settings so not sure how they get in there to be displayed?

Adding liveries/models - Following on from the above, is there a way that we the end user can add to the list of available models/liveries on our end? If i've got a repaint/model for a particular aircraft that doesn't appear to be covered by FSTLT, is there a method I can use to have that model/livery picked up by injector and displayed? We can do this with the default MSFS RealTime Traffic alebit I've had mixed success getting. There are some comments on line (including in this thread) about members who seem to have been able to expand the number of liveries/models but having the AIG models in the community folder as well as the FSLTL ones....

Overall - Fantastic. There is defintly room for improvement and expansion however the product is a really good first relase. I hope that given its release the community gets behind it and can help with model/livery development to enhance what it offers. 

Edited by KL Oo
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 3

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

25 minutes ago, cyril972 said:

How could you verify that FSLTL injector is using an AIG model? I have both the full install of AIG (all airlines) and FSLTL installed and active in the community folder, yet for example in LSZH, there are some white livery planes indicating that FSLTL did not find the corresponding repaint. 

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

I have it installed and its really great. Replaces AIG for me completely.

spacer.png

• Like 6

Regards, Jan Ast

Win 11 PC | Ryzen 7800 X3D | RTX 3080 Ti | LG 42 C2
Cockpit 😉 | TrackIR 5 | Octavia IFR-1 | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil CM3 Throttle, Virpil Sharka Control Panel | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | TM TPM Rudder

4 minutes ago, cyril972 said:

Something you could also do is, instal FSLTL traffic injector and model library, then instal the missing planes and livery via AIG and both will be complementary 

This sounds very time-consuming though as it requires going through hundreds if not thousands of AIG flight plans + trying to figure out which are included in FSLTL and which ones are missing.

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

Remember kids.. This addon is fantastic so far. 

AI OFF

Ground Aircraft 0

Or else you'll get a bunch of blank planes and anomalies 

• Like 3

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

1 minute ago, styckx said:

Ground Aircraft 0

There were reports that with this setting, you do not get any takeoff of an AI plane in the sim using AIG TC. I guess FSLTL is not affected by this? 

What I do not really like about all those "live" traffic solutions: I rarely fly "live", meaning based in Europe and doing a flight in the evening but on a totally different part of the world, it might be completely off what I see. Take a smaller airport in Japan for example with some flights during the day and peak at 5pm. If I do my usual flying session at 5pm in Europe, I will never see this peak on the Japanese airport, even if I set the local time in the sim to exactly 5pm. Due to this limitiation, I still prefer the (offline) flightplan solution by AIG in the end...

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

11 minutes ago, AnkH said:

How could you verify that FSLTL injector is using an AIG model? I have both the full install of AIG (all airlines) and FSLTL installed and active in the community folder, yet for example in LSZH, there are some white livery planes indicating that FSLTL did not find the corresponding repaint. 

Because I don’t have any FSLTL aircraft installed, only the Traffic Injector, so any aircraft on the apron or in the air comes from AIG, and they start appearing when I launch FSLTL