Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

FSLTL - live traffic finally released

16 minutes ago, motishow said:

why are there some blank planes ?

Set Ground Aircraft to 0 and turn off AI Aircraft. It's required for this to work correctly. 

Edited by styckx

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

3 minutes ago, sidfadc said:

So I use AIG - why would I need to use this?

Try reading this thread, the differences are explained.

Edited by Alvega
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 3

Alvega

CPU: AMD 7800X3D | COOLER: Cooler Master MasterLiquid 240L Core ARGB | GPU: RTX 4070 TI Super 16GB OC | Mobo: ASUS TUF GAMING X670E-PLUS WIFI |
RAM: 32 GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR5 6000MHz PC5-48000 2x16GB CL36 | SSDs: WD Black SN770 2TB NVMe SSD (WIN11), WD Black SN850X SSD 2 TB M.2 2280 PCIe Gen4 NVMe (MSFS), Crucial MX500 2TB (Other stuff) | CASE: Forgeon Arcanite ARGB Mesh Tower ATX White | Power Supply: Forgeon Bolt PSU 850W 80+ Gold Full Modular White 

1 minute ago, Alvega said:

Try reading this thread the differences are explained.

I'm tired and 16 pages was just too much for me this evening... 🙂

Thomas Derbyshire

You get more live flights with a lower time delay compared to Asobo live traffic using AIG models. The sounds are a lot better and even if you grounded, if you look up you will see AI at very high altitudes leaving contrails. For live traffic this is the best there is. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

Using AI companion shows you the aircraft titles AMC you can see that it's using aircraft from the AIG install. It still misses a lot of them though, but it's only day one. I'm sure improvements are coming 

Are you referring to the old AI Companion that was used in P3D ? I've just tried running it but couldn't get past the page where I was being prompted for the folder location of the flightplan bgls - which I believe aren't used with FSLTL ?

34 minutes ago, garydpoole said:

Are you referring to the old AI Companion that was used in P3D ? I've just tried running it but couldn't get past the page where I was being prompted for the folder location of the flightplan bgls - which I believe aren't used with FSLTL ?

Correct. Flight plans are injected by hitting the FR24 API and augmented further if you also use the flightplandatabase API. No static flight plans are stored locally like with AIG.

Edited by jstnj

Ok, did some additional visits, this time CYYZ and ZBAA, comparing with what I get with AIG. The variety of AIG is still far superior, especially regarding smaller regional jets and of course business jets. In ZBAA, there were plenty of white planes, so obviously the fallback algorithm is not very strong and does not detect the AIG variants in this case. So, it seems that I will have to decide whether I want a very diverse AI traffic with ridiculous spawning of enroute planes or proper enroute plane spawning with drastically reduced diversity...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

28 minutes ago, AnkH said:

...so obviously the fallback algorithm is not very strong and does not detect the AIG variants in this case. So, it seems that I will have to decide whether I want a very diverse AI traffic with ridiculous spawning of enroute planes or proper enroute plane spawning with drastically reduced diversity...

This assumes that this (first publicly available, 1-day-old) version of FSLTL Live Traffic will also be the last, and that they will never improve the app or injection logic 🙂 

Edited by jstnj
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, jstnj said:

This assumes that this (first publicly available, 1-day-old) version of FSLTL Live Traffic will also be the last, and that they will never improve the app or injection logic 🙂 

🤔 ???

cheers 😏

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

5 minutes ago, pmplayer said:

🤔 ???

cheers 😏

I am sure that was ironic, this free tool is out less than 24 hrs, so it can only get better after view more hours, days, weeks or let alone months…

• Like 4

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

10 minutes ago, DAD said:

I am sure that was ironic, this free tool is out less than 24 hrs, so it can only get better after view more hours, days, weeks or let alone months…

Was my thinking..

Personaly i belive this gets up to one of the best Traffic Addons for MSFS but could be wrong anyway.

cheers 😉

Edited by pmplayer

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

2 hours ago, styckx said:

Set Ground Aircraft to 0 and turn off AI Aircraft. It's required for this to work correctly. 

i have set it to 0 from the beggining , and the injected blank planes are FSLTS ones

1 minute ago, motishow said:

i have set it to 0 from the beggining , and the injected blank planes are FSLTS ones

Me too, that are ( maybe ) missing textures for planes that are at this airport`s so maybe at update time this gets sorted..

cheers 😉

• Like 1

spacer.png