Sign in to follow this  
FilbertFlies

REVIEW: IniBuilds Los Angeles

A vid is one thing how it real performs in your sim is the other..

And in the end that is always the most important thing - IMO !

cheers 😉

• Like 2

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.22H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, pilotter said:

hope they have ai parking etc correct?

Chewwy was flying over it with FSTLT enabled. It seems to be correct, mostly.

unknown.png

unknown.png

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 2

Quick question. I thought KLAX was already a handcrafted airport by Asobo.  I remember that the interiors for KLAX was not handcrafted by Asobo.  Other than the interiors not being handcrafted, is the iniBuilds KLAX way better than the handcrafted KLAX by Asobo?

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

4 hours ago, pmb said:

If I have one complain, it's the missing people making the airport kind of dead.

Hmm, for me, I actually prefer empty airports over adding "static" people.  If people are moving like the default airport staff wearing the yellow coats in MSFS, or like the people moving like people in GSX, then I like that. Of course, the visual quality of the people and their motion also has to look good - IMO, the quality of the airport staff wearing the yellow coats, and the quality of the people in GSX is pretty good, both in visual quality and in their motion.

If this can't be done, then I actually don't "static" people that are frozen in time. It looks kind of weird, like some movie where all the people are frozen in time. If the people are going to be "static" and frozen, I actually prefer an empty airport, even if the airport looks dead.

I guess this is my personal preference though (everyone has different preferences).

• Like 3

i5-12400, RTX 3060 Ti, 32 GB RAM

7 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Quick question. I thought KLAX was already a handcrafted airport by Asobo.  I remember that the interiors for KLAX was not handcrafted by Asobo.  Other than the interiors not being handcrafted, is the iniBuilds KLAX way better than the handcrafted KLAX by Asobo?

I haven't seen the iniBuilds KLAX yet, but I would expect so. Asobo's handcrafted KLAX has some pretty basic issues, including jetways not connected to the terminal and wonky S turns in ramp taxilines that don't exist in reality.

Given that people are saying that iniBuilds has raised the bar with their version, I would have to assume it's way better than Asobo's. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Drumcode said:

I'd like to ask if it'd be possible to add a new section to your reviews showing weather the AI parking spaces are properly coded

I've got to be honest, while I appreciate this would be useful to a number of people, I don't know the first thing about AI parking space coding as I don't use any AI traffic and haven't since the P3D days - I always fly on Vatsim. While I could potentially get an AI Traffic add-on and learn all about it, realistically, I just don't want to make these videos any longer than they already are (or spend any longer making them than I currently do)! Sorry.

• Like 2

spacer.png
filbertflies.comYouTube | Twitch

i7 13700k, GeForce RTX 3080Ti, 32GB RAM

Just now, FilbertFlies said:

I've got to be honest, while I appreciate this would be useful to a number of people, I don't knUndedrsow the first thing about AI parking space coding as I don't use any AI traffic and haven't since the P3D days - I always fly on Vatsim. While I could potentially get an AI Traffic add-on and learn all about it, realistically, I just don't want to make these videos any longer than they already are (or spend any longer making them than I currently do)! Sorry.

Understood. Thanks for responding.

• Like 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

49 minutes ago, abrams_tank said:

Other than the interiors not being handcrafted, is the iniBuilds KLAX way better than the handcrafted KLAX by Asobo?

Yes, many many times better in every regard!

• Like 2

spacer.png
filbertflies.comYouTube | Twitch

i7 13700k, GeForce RTX 3080Ti, 32GB RAM

@FilbertFlies Thanks for the review as ever... as an anachronism who couldn't care less about airport interiors, I wonder what you thing about this vs. the FeelThere LAX from Orbx?  I thought it was a good value at release, and am quite happy with the apron views.... If the APRON stuff is much better, I will purchase.  The interior stuff I never see.

TIA- C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

Nice review and I am definitely interested in getting this release from iniBuilds. Thank you for the insight! 🙂 

AMD Ryzen 7800X3D & Gigabyte X670E Aorus Master MB, w/32 Gb GSkill DDR5 RAM, MSI 4090 GPU, lots of SSD's and M.2 drives, Fractal Torrent Case, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, Virpil Constellation Alpha Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Yoke Boeing Edition and MFG Rudder pedals. Currently on Win11

BelGeode

Edited by Fielder
  • Like 1

Ryzen5 5800X3D, RTX4070, 600 Watt, TWO Dell S3222DGM 32" screens spanned with Nvidia surround 5185 x 1440p, 32 GB RAM, 4 TB  PCle 3 NVMe, Warthog throttle, CH Flightstick, Honeycomb Alpha yoke, CH quad, 3 Logitech panels, 2 StreamDecks, Desktop Aviator Trim Panel.

I bought it. As someone who hasn't RTFM, do I need to do anything special with regards to: Asobo's hand crafted airport, GSX, or MakeRunways to make it all work seamlessly?

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

FilbertFlies, urvideos are a pleasure to watch!!!

In the past I always bought airports from FS DreamTeam, FlyTampa, Flightbeam and Latin VFR, the video and pics  on their website look beautiful, but u cant always judge a book by its Cover.

How does this developer compare to the ones that I mentioned above ??  Remember different strokes for different folks

Otherwise if I here more good things especially performance, it will be a buy.

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home