Sign in to follow this  
FilbertFlies

REVIEW: IniBuilds Los Angeles

4 hours ago, Tuskin38 said:

Chewwy was flying over it with FSTLT enabled. It seems to be correct, mostly.

unknown.png

unknown.png

Parking is mostly correct (much better than I thought)>  I did a flight out of there this morning with FSTLT enabled and injecting from flightradar24.  Gates looked OK...but it seems MSFS wants to always takeoff from the West...when 99.99% of the time the traffic departs to the West....not from it!   I know that briefly had East ops this am...but I think I've seen MSFS always choose the 07s and 06s. Not sure if there is a way to force it to depart from the 24s and 25s with real weather?

• Upvote 1

Regards,
Steve Dra
Get my paints for MSFS planes at flightsim.to here, and iFly 737s here
Download my FSX, P3D paints at Avsim by clicking here

9Slp0L.jpg 

Thanks Filbert, your reviews are my favorite! Well balanced pickiness! 🙂

• Like 1

Most of what is said on the Internet may be the same thing they shovel on the regular basis at the local barn.

30 minutes ago, Steve Dra said:

Parking is mostly correct (much better than I thought)>  I did a flight out of there this morning with FSTLT enabled and injecting from flightradar24.  Gates looked OK...but it seems MSFS wants to always takeoff from the West...when 99.99% of the time the traffic departs to the West....not from it!   I know that briefly had East ops this am...but I think I've seen MSFS always choose the 07s and 06s. Not sure if there is a way to force it to depart from the 24s and 25s with real weather?

You could do that in P3D with ADE but I read it's not easy to do in MSFS or even impossible (?) due to the compiling failing... I hope there is a way to do this with ADE because flying into LAX during the day with AI departing the opposite direction would be very annoying.

1 hour ago, Fielder said:

BelGeode

did you post this in the wrong thread?

1 hour ago, WestAir said:

I bought it. As someone who hasn't RTFM, do I need to do anything special with regards to: Asobo's hand crafted airport, GSX, or MakeRunways to make it all work seamlessly?

You have to delete the handcrafted MSFS LAX via the content manager, not the folder itself. If you delete it manually it may force you to download it again on the next patch..

Make sure to exclude LAX Jetways in the GSX configuration page.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

Bought this earlier and here are my 2 cents...

Overall - Yes, a lot better than default!

Textures - Not a lot of details and feel a bit plain/ boring and a bit cartoonish. 

Performance - Not that great at all. I am getting a lot of stutters and while I usually can keep my frames locked at 40fps with the Fenix and other complex add-ons airports, here I am only getting ~25fps. 

Final opinion - A biit overpriced...I hope this release some updates to help performance and to improve the textures a bit. 

Again just MY 2 cents. 

• Like 1

Discord | YouTube | Facebook

34" Odyssey OLED G8 175Hz | 3440X1440 | AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D | PNY VERTO OC GeForce RTX 4070 Ti SUPER 16 GB | G.Skill Flare X5 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F GAMING WIFI ATX AM5 | Samsung 990 Pro 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 | ARCTIC Liquid Freezer III 56.3 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler | Fractal Design North XL ATX Full Tower Case

Interesting to read that. I enjoy great performance with FeelThere’s LAX and have commented several times that it represents LAX quite well for the $. I wouldn’t mind getting IniBuild’s version, however, I shall wait a bit longer until the dust all settles. They did do a better job with EGLL v2 and maybe that’s the eventual course for me…

Ta- C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

52 minutes ago, threegreen said:

You could do that in P3D with ADE but I read it's not easy to do in MSFS or even impossible (?) due to the compiling failing... I hope there is a way to do this with ADE because flying into LAX during the day with AI departing the opposite direction would be very annoying.

The AI engine in MSFS will still depart on runways that are closed for takeoff, I believe it's another AI issue for Asobo to ignore.

My question to any that have bought iniB LAX is if there are static aircraft littered around the airport and if so can we disable them?

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

31 minutes ago, Tuskin38 said:

Make sure to exclude LAX Jetways in the GSX configuration page.

I thought it was standard ops to not exclude anything and just complain about GSX. 😇

• Like 1

It doesn't look nor perform any better that FeelThere's version.

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

5 minutes ago, blueshark747 said:

It doesn't look nor perform any better that FeelThere's version.

lol what

16 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

My question to any that have bought iniB LAX is if there are static aircraft littered around the airport and if so can we disable them?

The only static aircraft are parked in the airline maintenance areas which I am totally fine with.  No static aircraft at any any of the gates.

• Like 1

Eric

i9-12900k, RTX 3080ti FTW, 32GB ddr5 5600 RAM, 2TB 980 Pro SSD, H100i AIO, Samsung CRG90 49", Win 11

4 minutes ago, Flic1 said:

The only static aircraft are parked in the airline maintenance areas which I am totally fine with.  No static aircraft at any any of the gates.

Good to know! Thank you!

4 hours ago, cavaricooper said:

I wonder what you thing about this vs. the FeelThere LAX from Orbx

I don't have the FeelThere version so I can't say with absolute certainty, but I have never heard anything good about it! Comparing pictures, this appears to win hands down in every regard. 

spacer.png
filbertflies.comYouTube | Twitch

i7 13700k, GeForce RTX 3080Ti, 32GB RAM

45 minutes ago, Dave_YVR said:

This is covered in my review video. There are none taking up gates at passenger or cargo terminals.

• Like 1

spacer.png
filbertflies.comYouTube | Twitch

i7 13700k, GeForce RTX 3080Ti, 32GB RAM

2 hours ago, Steve Dra said:

Use the FSLTL models only for static ground and use the Live-Traffic instead. This will give you the correct Runways being active and the real world spacing of approaching aircraft.