Sign in to follow this  
FilbertFlies

REVIEW: IniBuilds Los Angeles

11 minutes ago, VFXSimmer said:

Exactly.

Could you imagine thinking that a developer's "interior modeling" was your only problem with low performance?

Meanwhile having this many 3D objects with their own CPU taxing calculation instances being in the air above you and tethered to your terminals, while wondering why you could barely move in your PDMG 737 or Fenix A320 simulation with ultra clouds above you.🤣

Edited by blueshark747

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

For those reading who are on the fence, I am FPS locked at 30fps. I have no stutters at LAX, with the Fenix, GSX, FSFO, FSRealistic, SLC, and AIG (all liveries) at 70%. I use a 3080 Ti with a 12900KF, DX 11, 3840x2160 (4k) resolution at 100 render scaling.

This doesn't dismiss the many more people with problems, but if you have a similar system, you may find a smooth experience too. 

• Like 4

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

1 hour ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Did you find one? 

Actually, I was kinda hoping someone else might 🙂

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

30 minutes ago, WestAir said:

For those reading who are on the fence, I am FPS locked at 30fps. I have no stutters at LAX, with the Fenix, GSX, FSFO, FSRealistic, SLC, and AIG (all liveries) at 70%. I use a 3080 Ti with a 12900KF, DX 11, 3840x2160 (4k) resolution at 100 render scaling.

This doesn't dismiss the many more people with problems, but if you have a similar system, you may find a smooth experience too. 

What is your Tlod and Olod setting?

Rig Specs; CPU AMD Ryzen 7950X3d, GPU AMD Liquid Red Devil 7900XTX 24GB,  Memory 32GB 2x8 3000 CL30, WD-SN850 Black 500 GB, WD-SN850 Black  2TB, Asus MoBo X670E D Hero, Be Quit Straight power 1200 Watt platinum. 18 Noctua fans , Aquacomputer Octo tempsensores, yes I am a PC freak.

watercooled 2 x360 rads noctua's push pull EKWB blocks for GPU and CPU 

Screen LG 34GN850-B  with freesync premium     

then why when u fly and use KBOS/Flytampa or CYYZ flytampa, KORD/FS Dreamteam KLAS, KFLL CYVR, KIAD, Flightbeam which are also highly congested area, as well as SamScene/Manhattan, all get butter smooth flights. but when I go to KLAX we get stutters, with the same EXACT settingss s mentioned with the above airports.

Please explain to me, thanks u!

10700kf, 3080 nividia, 32gbs 3400mhz, 1,000 watts power, M.2 DVMe !tb, boot, 1tb 7200rpm, storage, windows 10 home

14 minutes ago, Sunshine13 said:

Please explain to me, thanks u!

It’s just the way it is in this sim when you add everything thats hitting on the main thread together. I bought this expecting my rig to struggle, if their EGLL scenery was anything to judge by. It makes sense that it would be hard on especially main thread. And by the way KBOS has been anything but smooth for me with the same settings (graphics, AI traffic), it performs a lot worse than KLAX. So if you’re trying to blame this on inibuilds vs other developers, I won’t buy that argument. No point feeling salty about this, it’s a risk we all take when we buy humongous 3rd party scenery 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Cpt_Piett
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

dYn55y0_d.jpg?maxwidth=520&shape=thumb&f

7 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

It’s just the way it is in this sim when you add everything thats hitting on the main thread together. I bought this expecting my rig to struggle, if their EGLL scenery was anything to judge by. It makes sense that it would be hard on especially main thread. And by the way KBOS has been anything but smooth for me with the same settings (graphics, AI traffic), it performs a lot worse than KLAX. So if you’re trying to blame this on I I build vs other developers, I won’t buy that argument. No point feeling salty about this, it’s a risk we all take when we buy humongous 3rd party scenery 🤷‍♂️

BINGO! 🎯

This needs to be a sticky somewhere on both forums!

Edited by blueshark747

32GB DDR4 3000 Ram

4 hours ago, Dreamflight767 said:

Oh no.  This has worried about the A310.  I hope they know what they are doing!

AFAIK the people that work on the scenery are not the same people who work on the planes.

Maybe someone from Ini (if there's anyone here) can correct me.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, blueshark747 said:

Yep I own

Asobo KLAX,

Feelthere KLAX 

Inibuilds KLAX.

Asobo still performs the best meanwhile Inibuilds performs the worst but looks better than the other two.

Your box seems a bit dated, it's not terrible but it's also not the cream of the crop in today's standards. 

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

2 hours ago, pilotter said:

What is your Tlod and Olod setting?

I used ultra settings so I think that auto-sets my terrain loading to 200 and I forget what O loading is but I'm going to guess it's at 100?

They're at whatever default is for "ULTRA"

Take-offs are optional, landings are mandatory.
The only time you have too much fuel is when you're on fire.
To make a small fortune in aviation you must start with a large fortune.

There's nothing less important than the runway behind you and the altitude above you.
It's better to be on the ground wishing you were in the air, than in the air wishing you were on the ground.

9 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

Your box seems a bit dated, it's not terrible but it's also not the cream of the crop in today's standards. 

My mistake, the airport runs just fine for me in 1440P 2D, I was speaking from VR performance.

The performance rankings still stand though....

32GB DDR4 3000 Ram

16 hours ago, blueshark747 said:

My mistake, the airport runs just fine for me in 1440P 2D, I was speaking from VR performance.

The performance rankings still stand though....

Is it usable/flyable in VR?

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

4 hours ago, threegreen said:

Is it usable/flyable in VR?

Not at all...

32GB DDR4 3000 Ram

On 10/4/2022 at 10:40 PM, roi1862 said:

Well i think that's partially true. I think you can make an airport with interior better and worse. But take the same airport from same developer, one with interior and one without and i am 99% sure the one without will have better performance. 

Its a logical thing, you cant add things (be it textures or line of codes) and expect to have no impact.

Just for fun I spawned 10 Belfast Terminals (Both exterior+interior) and got about 4 fps less then usual. Doesn't matter what is done but how it's done, generally speaking. I can't comment on this particular case because I do not have this airport, just wanted to put my 2 cents in when I saw my name mentioned here 🙂

And I believe it was mentioned above that interior modeling is a grain of sand if you consider there's dozens of other objects around the airport. 

• Like 7
  • Upvote 1

For those who also have EGLL from Inibuilds: Same settings, same AI traffic level, same aircraft - Is your FPS in KLAX better, same or worse than at EGLL?

I have EGLL and it's below the minimum performance limit which I would still find acceptable, so I wouldn't buy KLAX if I can expect more of the same.

• Like 1