Sign in to follow this  
Zimmerbz

FSLTL vs PSXT

I think this might be buried somewhere in the FSLTL thread so I apologize for the redundant ask.  I currently use PSXT, AIG and the other thing that goes with PSXT (can't think of the name but it is for live traffic).  I get very accurate AI injected to my sim.  I can look at Flightradar24 and if a United plane is waiting to line up at SFO in real life, that is what I see in the sim.  All of the planes seem to be at the right terminals and everything seems to be up to life.  What would I gain if I started using FSLTL instead?  I am confused as to what the main key differences are.  Can someone explain?  From what I saw of FSLTL, the planes weren't parked at the right terminals, etc.  Thanks!

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

Short answer. Keep your current set up unless you dislike the recurring costs ( I do )  FSLTL will not be as accurate as PSXT and still has a few white tails ( missing liveries). You can probably try it out after FSLTL gets fleshed out a bit more and Asobo tweaks the AI system a bit.

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

26 minutes ago, Maxis said:

Short answer. Keep your current set up unless you dislike the recurring costs ( I do )  FSLTL will not be as accurate as PSXT and still has a few white tails ( missing liveries). You can probably try it out after FSLTL gets fleshed out a bit more and Asobo tweaks the AI system a bit.

Ok.  That makes sense.  Is there any benefit or positive difference to FSLTL over my current set up?

Intel Core i7 12700K (5.0GHz Max Boost Clock) 12-Core CPU   32GB G.Skill Performance DDR4 SDRAM 3600MHz       Graphics Processor:12GB Nvidia GeForce RTX 3080 Ti, GDDR6x System   2TB Western Digital, NVMe M.2 Solid State Drive

It is hard to beat the result of psxt and realtraffic, but many of us thinks it has a high cost. 

// 5800X3D // RTX 3090 // 64GB RAM // HP REVERB G2 //

The only thing you gain is the money savings. You would actually lose traffic due to lack of models and liveries. PSXT with AIG shows the right liveries for the aircraft registrations (new, old, interim, special, hybrid etc) . You would also go back to spinning aircraft at the thresholds and aprons along with the go arounds galore as the default ATC has no idea what separation even is. PSXT aircraft land and exit at the proper speeds and taxiways, they taxi at a proper speed to the proper gate, they take off just like they do irl with real IFR initial separation and they also use the correct runways at all times. The only thing FSLTL brings to the table as you already have a full setup is AI MD11's which you can just add to your current setup.

Edited by Dave_YVR
  • Like 1

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS

Quite happy with the PSXT + RT combo. Just purchased another 3 months subscription, as it is also compatible with XP12. Will follow FSLTL closely, though.

PC1: AMD Ryzen 7800X3D | Zotac RTX 4090 Trinity | Asus TUF X670E-Plus | G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL30 | 4TB NVMe  | Noctua NH-D15 | Asus TUF 1000W Gold | be quiet! Pure Base 500DX | Noctua NH-D15S | LG OLED CX 48"

PC2: AMD Ryzen 7700X | PowerColor Radeon RX 6800 XT Red Dragon | MSI MPG B650I EDGE  ITX | G.SKILL Flare Expo X5 32GB DDR5 PC 6000 CL32 | 2TB NVMe  | Cooler Master Hyper | Lian Li 750W SFX Gold | Lian Li TU150 | SAMSUNG Odyssey G9 49"

GoFlight GF-PRO NG 737 Yoke System - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog - Honeycomb Bravo Throttle - MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - TrackIR - Stream Deck XL + Stream Deck Plus

You can add FSTL aircraft to PSXT as well. Combined with AIG I have over 8k liveries

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

7 hours ago, Dave_YVR said:

PSXT aircraft land and exit at the proper speeds and taxiways, they taxi at a proper speed to the proper gate, they take off just like they do irl with real IFR initial separation and they also use the correct runways at all times.

interesting ...... i must reconsider a "trial", but i think i'll miss ATC (with AI comms).

but i do like the idea of downwind ops ... but curious about aircraft departing WSSS's new runway (but no runway yet in the sim).

for now, cheers

john martin

8 hours ago, Zimmerbz said:

Ok.  That makes sense.  Is there any benefit or positive difference to FSLTL over my current set up?

The only two negative parts of PSXT compared to FSLTL are

- Jittery/stuttery aircraft injection

- The AI not using ground services (like jetways, push ACK trucks etc).

I wish @kiek could address those but I know they are beyond his control.

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

The only issue I have with PSXT / RT is that all of the GA traffic gets injected as the Otter, aside from that I prefer it over FSLTL.  The recurring costs dont bother me.

3 hours ago, vadriver said:

but i think i'll miss ATC (with AI comms).

You'll just have to use LiveATC, except when it's your turn to take off or land. Then you just have to wing it. 😉

2 hours ago, KL Oo said:

- Jittery/stuttery aircraft injection

- The AI not using ground services (like jetways, push ACK trucks etc).

Very true, so the pluses there with the default AI engine is smoother movement that uses jetways but you also get

- traffic doesn't pushback properly if at all

-  traffic that spins around in circles at various points around the field 

- they don't park where they should.

- they use any and every runway, commonly in opposite directions with no separation

- overshoot mania

- limited models and liveries

-traffic exits the runways and also taxis so very slowly

They both have their quirks, some more than others. It all depends on what is acceptable to each user.

Check this out. Just this evening watching at KBOS. Converging ILS on 22L and 27 with departures on 22R. Traffic on final spaced 3-4 nm in-trail with a continual 3 or 4 aircraft visible on final for both runways. In the screenshot is a departure off of 22R flying it's appropriate SID with the next departure already loaded in position, but waiting for the Lufthansa heavy to cross while the two other recent landers await their turn. No overshoots, no stupidity. FSLTL or any traffic using the default AI engine is just a gong show.

20221012152322-1.jpg

Edited by Dave_YVR
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I agree Dave - The negatives of the default MSFS AI engine (that you've mentioned) are what keeps me using PSXT + AIG..... I do just wish there was room for improvement on the stuttery traffic - Sometimes its quite smooth, other time its a real immersion killer for me.

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

FSLTL is good enough for my needs, of seeing AI outside of my cockpit windows...

• Like 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

57 minutes ago, KL Oo said:

I do just wish there was room for improvement on the stuttery traffic - Sometimes its quite smooth, other time its a real immersion killer for me.

Yes absolutely. 

55 minutes ago, blueshark747 said:

FSLTL is good enough for my needs

Fair enough, but the thread was about Zimmerbzs needs. 😉

FSLTL is great value - & effectively adds to the immersion factor,

some good models, lights, sounds & contrails 🙂

the FBW installer just works & the traffic Injector is very stable software…

• Like 2