Sign in to follow this  
shermank

The Definition of Madness

3 minutes ago, simbol said:

That page and url doesn't exits.. please don't mislead people... beta programs with P3D has never used URLs like that.. it is always via private forums.

Best,
Raul

Well, Raul, when i followed the link first time, i didn´t got an error but a login page where to put my access data for the beta. Now just minutes after this was seen you´ll get an http error. I respect the general will of the developers not to spread uncontrolled informations. But honestly speaking we should not handle a possible followup Version of P3D as we would talk about the construction plans for a masstermination weapon. It is not THAT kind of important rather then worth protecting.

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

I'm psychic. after having completely forgotten that Prepar3D even existed for the last couple of years, a few days ago I got an urge and googled "Prepar3D V6" and found nothing concrete and then this appears.😆 I have thousand worth of Prepar3d addons. It will be interesting to see if any of them work. Probably not!

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, BerndB said:

Well, Raul, when i followed the link first time, i didn´t got an error but a login page where to put my access data for the beta. Now just minutes after this was seen you´ll get an http error. I respect the general will of the developers not to spread uncontrolled informations. But honestly speaking we should not handle a possible followup Version of P3D as we would talk about the construction plans for a masstermination weapon. It is not THAT kind of important rather then worth protecting.

Not sure what you talking about.. the link initially reported produced a 404 error and in hence why I said it was not a real URL. Simple as that.. I have nothing to protect, neither I am part of a mastermination weapon conspiracy group lol, I am actually one of the very few developers remaining still supporting P3D Add-on's.. :wink:

S.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, BerndB said:

But it becomes a rumor mill that goes out of control really quickly and really fast, with all sorts of wild, unfounded speculation that goes absolutely nowhere. Kind of like the discussion about P3D licensing.

Moderators, I move that this thread be locked also at this point.

Jorgen

• Like 1

I predict that in 1 or 2 years Prepar3D will once again be the main enthusiast Flight Sim once the mob have moved on to the next game of the year blockbuster and the development money dries up.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, jorgensandersen said:

Awaiting guidance from the boss man. 👍

• Like 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

2 minutes ago, simbol said:

Not sure what you talking about.. the link initially reported produced a 404 error and in hence why I said it was not a real URL. Simple as that.. I have nothing to protect, neither I am part of a mastermination weapon conspiracy group lol, I am actually one of the very few developers remaining still supporting P3D Add-on's.. :wink:

S.

Symbol, we all know you are one of the best persons and supporters of P3D and hopefully there are some people who think the same about me. I was talking about you impute i would misslead the people and i wanted to make clear the page was reachable and didn´t hat any suspicion of beeing fake. We are not that kind of stupid, not taking into account someone left the backdoor open where it wasn´t meant to be seen. If this is true, and personally i´am sure that LM hasn´t stoped developing P3D, this is just a hopeful sidenote that there´s may something in the pipeline.

• Like 1

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

11 minutes ago, jorgensandersen said:

But it becomes a rumor mill that goes out of control really quickly and really fast, with all sorts of wild, unfounded speculation that goes absolutely nowhere. Kind of like the discussion about P3D licensing.

Jorgen

Yeah, i know and totally agree, but that´s just how it goes on forums like this. To get the peoples mouth shut by force is what we call Censorship in Germany. But nobody is forced to continue reading this, rather then step into the discussion. 

Edited by BerndB
  • Like 3

Bernd

11 minutes ago, FBW737 said:

I predict that in 1 or 2 years Prepar3D will once again be the main enthusiast Flight Sim

hmm...i thought this is already the case, it´s just not seen by many developers...😛

Bernd

1 hour ago, jorgensandersen said:

@ Everyone: you all ought to know by now that L-M never ever gives out any news about upcoming fixes and/or releases. It will be there when it is there, not before. That is how they have always done it, and I have seen no indication that they are starting anything different now.

Jorgen

Personally I wish all developers would do that, especially PMDG. There would be much less anxiety/drama. I think A2A has a history of being pretty cool along those lines.

Vic green

1 hour ago, Ray Proudfoot said:

Awaiting guidance from the boss man. 👍

Edited by shermank

3 minutes ago, shermank said:

As author of this thread, I have no problem with locking it

Sherm

Agreed. We must crush any enthusiasm, news, or interest in the future of P3D. 

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I understand all this. P3dv5 is a fine sim but we all want some updates and development. I kept getting dxgi device hung errors for over a year and I hoped this would be history ejrm p3d got updated. Since I only fly vr I decided to Uninstall p3dv5  last week. Not because I don't like it but just because I have limited time to tweak multiple sims. VR still needs a lot of tweaking and some weekends I'm only solving problems instead of flying. This proved to be very unsatisfying and I had to make a choice.

I spent hundreds of dollars on p3d and fsx but sometimes we just need to move forward. If 5.4 or 6.0 is released I will most probably install it. There's just something about p3d that I really love.

We will see what the future brings.

• Like 1