Sign in to follow this  
CarlHill

2 years in, not many regional aircraft still

Just now, Torsen said:

That is a really interesting point with the missing automation. If I just take the daily operation without failures we usually don't want to see on a relaxed regional flight anyway, a BAe flight imho is much more study level than a 737/320 flight cause you need actually to pilot the plane and not trigger automation. Sure a nice Dash8 or ATR is still missing but the BAe 146 is a hell of a regional plane...

It looks like a LOT of fun, but cannot bring myself to pay $65 for ONE plane, as it is one of the top 5 most expensive planes in MSFS (guessing it's # 3 or # 4 behind the Maddog and PMDG).

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

6 minutes ago, Alpine Scenery said:

It looks like a LOT of fun, but cannot bring myself to pay $65 for ONE plane, as it is one of the top 5 most expensive planes in MSFS (guessing it's # 3 or # 4 behind the Maddog and PMDG).

You pay one price for three pax versions, two cargo versions and the famous Queens flight version. You would pay a lot more if you would compare to a 737 😉

Cheers T.

5 minutes ago, Torsen said:

You pay one price for three pax versions, two cargo versions and the famous Queens flight version. You would pay a lot more if you would compare to a 737 😉

Cheers T.

Hoping Microsoft puts everything on sale and has a REAL sale on Black Friday. Then I will pickup the missing planes I don't own, which are like 2-3 Carenados, the BAE-146, and the FlySimWare 414.

I don't own every other plane in the sim currently, but I have about 25 of them I guess, which is a LOT. I was hoping I'd be spending less in MSFS addons, but it looks like MORE, lol... I think I currently own more than 50 different payware airports to top it off. I haven't calculated my expenditures, but it is over a thousand (especially if you count my flight sticks and other misc items).

The c310 was my most expensive so far, and it's ok, but I think I would have preferred the 414 over and above it.
The MS-Carenado v35 is my most enjoyable sub-$20 plane I own, especially after the dark cockpit mod I got at Flightsim.To (I hated the original looks of the cockpit, even though accurate). The PMDG for 737-600 was just ok.

Edited by Alpine Scenery

4 hours ago, AviatorMan said:

Well I fly the NestGen EMB 110 now and then, and I don't have any real issues with it. I just finished a flight into Dundee aeroport in Scotland I think it's just the sort of regional turboprop we need. Remind me again of the issues you have with it. 

A bulk of them have been fixed, improved etc by JayDee from flightsim.to and his improvements. After it's shoddy release and being relatively ignored for several months after release it left a bad taste for me. The JayDee mods do improve several aspects of the plane. The GNS750 was a good feature to add.

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

is a Saab 340 too much to ask for ? 🙂

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

28 minutes ago, wiler said:

is a Saab 340 too much to ask for ? 🙂

NextGen Simulations has this on their to-do list but judging by their EMB release I would likely hold off. Not going to jump on the sword and buy......or pull a ryanbatc.

😁

Edited by Sonosusto

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

Try the C510 Mustang.

It is a blast to fly both by hand and AP.

It is perfect for regional hops. And very reasonable priced, developer is very attentive and updates are weekly or better.

A jet you can land on a 3000' runway.

I would like to see the SAAB and I am sure we soon will. The Focker is coming as well. It has only been 2 years so far. In 5 years we will be drowning in options.

• Like 1

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

Just now, Alpine Scenery said:

I heard the c510 is buggy and was released too early, but I never tried it.

It is the only plane I have flown in the simmer the last 2 weeks.

I can't think of any "bugs" that makes it not fun to fly.

• Like 1

Pit.jpg

Com GA Pilot, Retired • MSFS 2020 • Gigabyte 8th gen lga1151 motherboard z2370 hd3, i5 8600 8th gen 4.3ghz, Thermaltake 750w power supply, 4 x 8gb ddr4 dimm, MSI force GTO 1070 8gb ddr5, 4 SSD's • 4K main display with 3 HD displays, one is a touch screen. Often used as 3 1080P NVIDEA surround screens and one HD touchscreen for AirManager

5 hours ago, ckyliu said:

@ha5mvo I wish that were true. But you only need to look at the file library at Avsim to see that isn't the case; how many repaint downloads have there been for any payware regional jet vs 737 or A320 on the MSFS/P3D platform? Same goes for any non-current or niche aircraft (such as PMDG MD-11 and JS41, even the Flight1 ATR which is the probably the most common 50-70 seat airliner in service in the West will pale-in-comparison vs PMDG 77W).

Not sure Avsim library is indicative of anything. If one is to judge by that, then the sim world had revolved around AI repaints and the likes of Majestic or FSLabs stand together with the likes of abacus...

It's been too long since Avsims library was a reflection of anything. If I am to follow your statement then there's little to no room for anything that's not Boeing or Airbus. I'd hate to believe that this is the case.

I remember a popular Fokker 70/100 addon (was it for FS9 or x?) or even the dash-8 could be seen as a success story, although not as common. I don't think PMDGs DC should be considered a failure either nor the MD-82 from Leonardo. Sure, Boeings and busses will be popular but there's room for fokkers and Embraers as well - provided there's an outstanding simulation of one. 

Unlike ALL the "high end" addons released so far, however, those will need to be developed from scratch and that's a whole different ball game...

The 510 Mustang is relaxing and feels much more solid compared to other payware planes.

Some folks are still dissatisfied about the console keypad not having functionality and other issues with non functional switches and buttons.

As far as performance the updates feel better and it can now reach proper cruise speeds. 

Again the WT CJ4 is all ironed out, but there is just something special about this 510 Mustang that just feels better and keeps me going back to fly it over the CJ4.

Maybe it's the way the sun rays hit that luxurious cream interior at FL180+😍

Edited by blueshark747

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

A Dornier 328 prop/jet would be cool too. 

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

21 minutes ago, blueshark747 said:

The 510 Mustang is relaxing and feels much more solid compared to other payware planes.

People in MSFS reviews are really getting toxic and they are hard to decipher...
We have the marketers that are glossing over every single issue with cherry-filled eyes, and then we have the tech nerds that are hammering on silly things that have no meaning.

"So why the 3-star rating, none of the switches make a clicking sound when pushed"
Wow, just wow...

I think I will go buy it right now.

Does the ILS work normally, how about the GPS?

Edited by Alpine Scenery

22 minutes ago, Alpine Scenery said:

Wow, people in MSFS reviews are really getting toxic...

"So why the 3-star rating, none of the switches make a clicking sound when pushed"
Wow, just wow...

ILS can be flown using FD and PFD or coupled.

The G1000 NXI works very well and the Nav part works great if set up and used correctly.

It does not auto land, but neither does the real plane.

I use the plane with AirManager so I have a full set of analog instruments as well.

spacer.png

Edited by 177B
  • Like 1

Pit.jpg

12 minutes ago, Alpine Scenery said:

People in MSFS reviews are really getting toxic and they are hard to decipher...
We have the marketers that are glossing over every single issue with cherry-filled eyes, and then we have the tech nerds that are hammering on silly things that have no meaning.

Wow, just wow...

No idea about ILS but GPS gets me to my destination without a hiccup once I take off.

I'm not a full techie avionics type of simmer though, I lean more on aircraft visuals and the 510 has a beautiful interior and a great open cockpit window views.

The sounds could use some work though...

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2