Sign in to follow this  
CarlHill

2 years in, not many regional aircraft still

17 minutes ago, Dillon said:

The question in the original thread harkens back to the question we asked about Corporate Jets.  The only long-range corporate jet offered for MSFS since its release is the PMDG BBJ and the Longitude.  Enough already with the short-range jets we need some options with longer legs.  Totally agree with the topic of this thread and as always, some developers are wondering why their products aren't selling.  Do market research and give the people what they want, then you'll make a killing profit wise.:ph34r:

Oh yes I'd love a Falcon, Global, Gulfstream (ducks), newer Learjet etc

• Like 3

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Normally I'd point to the NextGen EMB-110 but that plane is lower in fidelity, requires several freeware mods (jaydee) and a better GNS mod to even mildly enjoy it. Even then, probably not what you're looking for. I don't fly any more. I bet this was the least helpful of comments haha.

Hero X--8086k@5.1ghz--32GBddr4--2080ti--Acer GSync 4k Monitor + 1080p Monitor--Honeycomb Alpha/Bravo+Saitek Pedals--Thrustmaster T16000+Throttle. P2ATC, AIG/FSLTL, GSX, 600gb of scenery, PMS/TDI 750, Auto FPS, FG Mod, FSrealistic, FScrewRAAS,RexTextures/Seasons,Navigraph etc

A2A Comanche---Bae146, F28, Arrow(s), BS Bonanza & BS King Air---FSR500--COWS DA42---Fx HJet+VisionJet---FSW 414 +LearJet---FSS E175+P2006T+Analog Version---Fenix 320-------PMDG DC-6+737+9---C22J---Milviz C310+Porter---SWS PC-12, Kodiak, Zenith+RV14---Big Radialsl Goose---IFE MB339+F-35---NextGen EMB----Carenado Seneca + PC12---AS CRJ Series----Asobo ATR---

My top wanted regional aircraft are:

DHC8 1,2,3 and 400. Majestic where are you?

ATR-42/72 (Milviz is bring the 72 really looking forward to it!).

Beechcraft 1900, time to go back 20+ years to you roots PMDG?

A220, FSLabs maybe thats a better introduction aircraft for MSFS than another A320 🙄

• Like 2

My personal opinion, which may not sway this new generation of simmers, is that some "pretend" fly for technical and precision reasons, others for "Feel".  The smaller regional a'/c seem to react better to winds, turbulence, updrafts and downdrafts.  This, in my opinion, is more enjoyable.  Sort of like jumping in a King Air or smaller and having to deal with the real forces of nature.  I sincerely do not understand why Aerosoft put out a CRJ that did not include the very version that launched the brand.  Here, near Charlotte, we have  entire terminals dedicated to the CRJ200 and other smaller regionals.  So, in my mind, Microsoft is leaning more towards the gamers.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, shamrockflyer said:

A220, FSLabs maybe thats a better introduction aircraft for MSFS than another A320 🙄

Seriously, I feel the A220 would have been a better much more unique premiere MSFS aircraft than the same ole common cookie cutter A320.

I'm all 737, A320 and Cessna 172'd out these past 20 years in simming.🥱

Edited by blueshark747
  • Like 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

I started in 1986.  Floppy disks. We have always had a much better selection compared to now. 

If FSX was really the base for this, like Asobo claims, then why so hard to convert our beloved FSX/P3D aircraft?

3 minutes ago, CarlHill said:

I started in 1986.  Floppy disks. We have always had a much better selection compared to now. 

You are triggering memories … some of them very good memories! If xbox is synonymous with gamers, I suspect the vast majority have never heard of a floppy disk 😉.

Not sure what detail level this Learjet will surface at, but we hope for the best. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHGkQnxx5Sw&t=677s

PS You may want to turn down or perhaps turn off the audio!

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K

24 minutes ago, blueshark747 said:

Seriously, I feel the A220 would have been a better much more unique premiere MSFS aircraft than the same ole common cookie cutter A320.

I'm all 737, A320 and Cessna 172'd out these past 20 years in simming.🥱

Aye, we haven't had much in terms of a decent Embraer or something other than your standard A320 or 737 - not that those are bad, but because nothing "new" has been brought to the table. I haven't ever seen a good 757 for example. I wish the DC9 would make a comeback too, could you imagine how good an old steam guaged DC9 would look in MSFS? I am a frequent user of the MD80 and absolutely love its complexity.

I would love to see a 727, 707/720, 747 100, SP, 200 and 300 in the sim also throw in a BAC 1-11 while you're at it!

The Dash 7 should be out soon.

After quite some time, an update on the Dash 7 for PILOT'S. We've had some difficulties pertaining to health, so even though we were in the final stretch, we were not able to complete it when we wanted to. Our intention is to have the Dash 7 in PILOT'S hands within the next couple of weeks for evaluation.

Should be fun to fly that one, especially in challenging weather. In Norway where I live there’s an airline with a fleet of 40 Dash 8s that fly pretty much everywhere domestic. Would love to recreate some of the routes. 

• Like 1

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

26 minutes ago, shamrockflyer said:

Aye, we haven't had much in terms of a decent Embraer or something other than your standard A320 or 737 - not that those are bad, but because nothing "new" has been brought to the table. I haven't ever seen a good 757 for example. I wish the DC9 would make a comeback too, could you imagine how good an old steam guaged DC9 would look in MSFS? I am a frequent user of the MD80 and absolutely love its complexity.

I would love to see a 727, 707/720, 747 100, SP, 200 and 300 in the sim also throw in a BAC 1-11 while you're at it!

Yup A220, MD-220, DC9,MD-11, L-1011, 707, 727, Dornier 328 Jet, DH106 Comet, Convair 880🍻

The whole Microsoft Flight Simulator platform should have been a total Aviation Anthology at this point including Antonov's, Fokker's, Yakovlev's, Tupolev's and llyushin's, regardless of real world times and politics.

Edited by blueshark747
  • Like 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

1 hour ago, CarlHill said:

Floppy disks were too futuristic, I started from tapes.

TI-99/4A Memories -- Loading From Cassette - YouTube

Edited by Alpine Scenery
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

13 minutes ago, Alpine Scenery said:

Floppy disks were too futuristic, I started from tapes.

Me too 🙂

I once even had the dubious pleasure to work with punch hole cards. But that system was totally outdated already 😄

@blueshark747 Great idea re the Anthology! A few small gaps will be filled with the 40th Anniversary instalment. Being intrigued by Hughes and the Spruce Goose, I’m researching material for a future video!

@qqwertzde I do remember Fortran cards for some assignments in undergrad! Those processing machines were so massive!

As a side note - stumbled upon this video a little while back - Incredible foresight Arthur C Clarke predicts the internet in 1964

• Like 2

Lawrence “Laurie” Doering

Latest video at The Flight Level Ten Minutes of the F-14 Tomcat and Supercarrier - Launch - Mission - Recovery | DCS World | 4K