Sign in to follow this  
CarlHill

2 years in, not many regional aircraft still

The Honda Jet is great, but it's a bit tiring flying over and over again. Need something new, just have to decide either this or cough up the $65 for the BAE-146.

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

5 minutes ago, Alpine Scenery said:

The Honda Jet is great, but it's a bit tiring flying over and over again. Need something new, just have to decide either this or cough up the $65 for the BAE-146.

Ehhh I don't find myself flying the BAE nor MD80 as often as I expected.

The 510 just really fits the limited sim time short flight needs for me.

You can fire her up and be up in the air in no time. The Airbus, Hondajet and 510 are spoiling me though, the ease of operation and automation tech is just too convenient on limited time.

There is just something about the Hondajet's feeling of speed that makes every landing a little tense and exciting. While the 510 I'm just more relaxed and confident it's going to do exactly what I expect performance/landing wise.

Not sure I'll ever feel like I've tamed the HJet with landings, and I like that about her similar to Majestic's Q400 handling.

• Like 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

2 minutes ago, blueshark747 said:

Not sure I'll ever feel like I've tamed the HJet with landings, and I like that about her similar to Majestic's Q400 handling.

The HJET seemed to land better in SU-9, I don't know why. I rarely had a bad landing the first month, but lately...

33 minutes ago, Alpine Scenery said:

The HJET seemed to land better in SU-9, I don't know why. I rarely had a bad landing the first month, but lately...

Yup something about the flare and landing gear/undercarriage initial touchdown contact. It's now a much more precise art to get her on a 10/10 smooth touchdown.

Either I float/skip a little trying to bring the nose down or find myself coming down harder on the undercarriage (thumping?) since SU9.

The 510 I can pretty much lay on a dime, pillow soft without disturbing a babies sleep.

I wouldn't call the 510 "fly on rails" handling either though as you can definitely feel it's mass/inertia as you are powering down and adding gear/ flap drag for on final. 

With the BAE 146 the spoilers are very effective and gives me a security of "this thing will safely touch down and stop without too much stress of applying tons of wheel brake input". 

It puts you in that zone where you can confidently place her down with just the right amount of flare on shorter runways while being able to enjoy a little wheel brake liberty to your taxi exit.

Edited by blueshark747

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

5 hours ago, Matchstick said:

They also have their Fokker F28s in development. The original versions first then the updated 100 & 70 in a similar way to the 146s being followed by the RJs.

Indeed they do, as well as some much larger classic jets also.
I didn't include the F28 as the post was asking for "current generational regional [aircraft]" and as of 2019, none remained in civil service.

59 minutes ago, Alpine Scenery said:

Need something new, just have to decide either this or cough up the $65 for the BAE-146.

I'd be a little surprised if JustFlight didn't have a small price reduction on the BAe 146 for Black Friday. It's been out for almost 6 months now and a sale would drive some extra purchases for them, IMO.
Given the strength of the US$, it's currently around $55 if you buy from JustFlight directly.

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

It is $64.99 USD directly from their site, but I guess at least you don't pay sales tax.

I bought both, the 146 and the Mustang. I just paid the extra $5 in sales tax to have the 146 in the store. I try to keep the # of external (non-marketplace) addons as limited as possible, even though the marketplace does SLIGHTLY slow the load time, but I don't think it's that much.

For the mustang, ILS worked, but it had some weird range issue, not sure, it only worked in the last couple of miles, but good enough. 

Haven't flown the 146 yet, installing now.

Edited by Alpine Scenery

1 hour ago, Alpine Scenery said:

It is $64.99 USD directly from their site

Oof! That's downright cheeky of them to have that level of mark-up on the exchange rate spread that they've given you.
I didn't realise that they use a geo-locator on the backend of their website to change to your home currency.

For anyone looking at buying directly from third party developers or from reseller stores, it's best to buy in the local currency of the vendor, e.g. € for Contrail, Simmarket and Aerosoft, or US$ for Flightbeam and FlyTampa, and £ for JustFlight (if you use a good, paid-for VPN to change to a UK IP address. You will incur UK sales tax by doing this, but it's still cheaper than paying in your home currency with them).
Use a credit/debit card that has very low or no fees for foreign currency transactions. PayPal uses a wide spread on fx rates, so I never use their own rates either. That helps you to avoid the mark-up some sellers use to cover their own costs of conversion which will usually be a worse for your wallet than if you make the currency conversion yourself.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Well, the 146 is kind of fun to fly, but it's overpriced. The cockpit textures, sharpness, and graphics are not at the level they should be for this price range.

4 hours ago, Alpine Scenery said:

Haven't flown the 146 yet, installing now.

You are in for a treat. I only fly the 146 or the 414, both great aircraft.

If you haven't watched the video series from Just-flight on YouTube, it is a fantastic resource.

They go into all aspects of the plane. It is very quirky which is why I love this plane.

• Like 1

It was hard for me to land, probably the first plane I ever came in on a stable ILS landing and still had trouble.

The landing reminds me of the Dash 8 in FSX the way the drag kicks in, except this one is less stable on the pitch.
The pitch is very twitchy on the landing, but maybe just takes practice.

Edited by Alpine Scenery

12 hours ago, Alpine Scenery said:

I heard the c510 is buggy and was released too early, but I never tried it.

The "unique selling proposition" of the C510 is the center console keyboard, used to manipulate the G1000 NXi

Hence, selling an addon without this feature is selling something, but you're sure as hell not selling a Citation Mustang. 

Leaving aside all the other issues: sound, non-functioning buttons, buttons with no sound, etc. 

3 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

The "unique selling proposition" of the C510 is the center console keyboard, used to manipulate the G1000 NXi

Hence, selling an addon without this feature is selling something, but you're sure as hell not selling a Citation Mustang. 

Leaving aside all the other issues: sound, non-functioning buttons, buttons with no sound, etc. 

Personally I couldn't care less about the centre console I was just hoping for a G1000 NXi equipped mini jet as opposed to G3000 of the HJ.

Unfortunately the overall quality is simply not there to make it worthwhile to fly right now.

14 hours ago, Alpine Scenery said:

It was hard for me to land, probably the first plane

The technique I use is to fly Vref +10 on final, then when over the threshold, put out 3 notches (one away from full) of speed brake and keep the power on. Flair and when about 10 feet off the runway, retard the power. The key is to keep the power on until very low above the runway. 

When on the ground, extend the speed brake to the final full aft setting which should deploy the lift spoilers on the top of the wing.

There is no reverse thrust hence the need for the speed brake application before touchdown. 

Great fun!!!

23 hours ago, CarlHill said:

So no one knows of a CRJ-200 in development?

I've been looking as well and haven't seen one.

CRJ2 is a whole different animal from the CRJ7.