Sign in to follow this  
JU108

Fenix A320 - performance and remote MCDU

I asked once, right after the launch of Fenix A320, but need to ask again after all those patches before I buy it. 

How is its performance? Is it as smooth as PMDG?

Is there a remote MCDU for iPad, like FBW has for their A32x?

Thank you.

• Like 1

No remote, but it is the best Airliner in MSFS 2020 by far. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

1 hour ago, JU108 said:

Not even close, unfortunately. The difference is clearly noticeable even on my fairly good setup (3080 + 5800x3D), regardless of the performance saving options you might choose with the Fenix. Then again, PMDG 737 appears to be exceptionally well optimized, even compared to some 3rd party GA. Still, Fenix is perfectly useable, you just have to forget about the smoothness that PMDG has.

In my opinion, both are the best airliners in MSFS 2020. Fenix for its fidelity in system modelling and PMDG for being more engaging to operate (IMO) and its tremendous amount of customization. DC-6 trumps them all, though 🙂 

Edited by Ohmsquare
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Pmdg is by far the best and complete airliner, it has all of its own software not dependent on Prosim contracts, so I can use all of my hardware!

I don’t understand the Fenix hype, it has a lot of problems too for a lot of simmers which I don’t see solved in the near future!

Edited by rob0203
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, JU108 said:

I asked once, right after the launch of Fenix A320, but need to ask again after all those patches before I buy it. 

Is there a remote MCDU for iPad, like FBW has for their A32x?

Thank you.

Would be nice to know your PC specs to be able to answer more accurately,

I fly the Fenix & PMDG all the time, about 50% in each aircraft. I love them both and have zero performance issues with either. Yes the Fenix is a little harder on the system but if you have an onboard GPU (Non F Versions) just enable it and have the glass cockpit render on that. I found this makes a big difference and frees up those extra CPU cycles. I run mainly ultra settings with a couple turned down one notch, I spent a lot of time dialing the sim in for my hardware and if you do the same and don't try and run everything maxed out at London Heathrow in the Fenix with live traffic there is no reason you will not have an enjoyable experience. 

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

Hopefully eventually more remote mcdu options open.  

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

6 hours ago, rob0203 said:

Pmdg is by far the best and complete airliner, 

Not really but you are free to believe this hype. there are some better detailed system modeled airliners out there ( in MSFS) and I will leave it at that.

Edited by jbdbow1970
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

as much as it pains me to write this the PMDG is the more complete package minus the missing EFB.  I think it comes down to 2 decades of experience vs fenix 1st product. Fenix will close the gap in time. 

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

7 hours ago, rob0203 said:

Pmdg is by far the best and complete airliner

Nope, they are not the spearhead anymore in MSFS.

"Best" is subjective.

"Complete" is not possible without adequate EFB.

Edited by Paladin2005

Regards, Jan Ast

Win 11 PC | Ryzen 7800 X3D | RTX 3080 Ti | LG 42 C2
Cockpit 😉 | TrackIR 5 | Octavia IFR-1 | Virpil Alpha on WarBRD, Virpil CM3 Throttle, Virpil Sharka Control Panel | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | TM TPM Rudder

58 minutes ago, Paladin2005 said:

Nope, they are not the spearhead anymore in MSFS.

"Best" is subjective.

"Complete" is not possible without adequate EFB.

Complete for me is also that I have a working MCP, with Pmdg it is!

i have it hangared until it has a better Tablet and a remote MCDU. 

The FBW serves me just fine. I fly normal procedures only, I don't need breakers and failures. The FBW as a complete package is unrivalled imo. YMMV.

The Fenix aircraft in itself is ok. But I need my QoL features.

My hope is that FBW does a ceo at one point.

Edited by darshonaut

my African sceneries for MSFS : https://darshonaut.blogspot.com/p/msfs-2020.html

I have to agree after having used PMDG, Fenix and FBW, and as much as t costs me to admit 🙂 that the PMDG 737 is my preferred airliner in MFS.

In 2nd place come, ex-aequo, the Fenix and the FBW...

Regarding performance though, and at least until the last time I used MFS and the  Fenix, I had no degradation in terms of performance. It's as smooth as the FBW and the PMDG.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

1 hour ago, wiler said:

as much as it pains me to write this the PMDG is the more complete package minus the missing EFB.  I think it comes down to 2 decades of experience vs fenix 1st product. Fenix will close the gap in time. 

Its not even more complete than the MD82 that everyone forgets about because everyone wants to fly 737's and A320's. PMDG product have no working CB's at all but this is not what the thread is about.

Edited by jbdbow1970

1 hour ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Its not even more complete than the MD82 that everyone forgets about because everyone wants to fly 737's and A320's. PMDG product have no working CB's at all but this is not what the thread is about.

not just taking systems into consideration here. I was the most excited about the md82 but the dev dropped the ball on the overall package (cockpit textures and sounds are a joke ) and radio silence for months is just sad.  $90 is a total joke.  For 60 PMDG gave the best combo of everything for me and Im not a PMDG fan at all.  Fenix has the opportunity to overtake in the future. 

Edited by wiler

7900x3d , 64gb 6200mhz 30CL Ram, RTX 3080

4 hours ago, jbdbow1970 said:

I'm not sure what working CB's do for you. I've seen YouTube videos done by actual airline pilots who said they never touch the circuit breakers. They certainly wouldn't do it without consulting maintenance control first.

• Like 1

NAX669.png