Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Now... this IS bumpy....

Very bumpy arrival into Anchorage, Alaska - B747-400 - YouTube

Reminds me of the sometimes present, and after all realistic although in need for further fne tunning, turbulence in MFS 2020...

• Like 6

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Preferred addons: TOLISS A32N, TOGA MU-2, VSkylabs DC-3 and R66, LES DC-3, AWX DC-3

nice, i think that camera made it look a lot worse than it was though

Wayne such

Asus Hero Z690, Galax 3080 TI, I712700K, Kraken x72 CPU Cooled, 64 GIGS Corsair DDR5, 32 Inch 4K 

2 hours ago, Jetman67 said:

Yup. A handheld camera will always exaggerate the movement compared to a fixed one. The way the human body is built means we're good at dampening some external forces, just at the cost of a lot of movement.

Still, as the rattle sounds demonstrated, it wasn't a smooth ride.

Edited by F737MAX
  • Like 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

This video clearly demonstrates why the Asobo turbulence/gust model is not realistic. 

• Upvote 1

I still can't find a situation where I felt the conditions were unrealistic. My sim must be broken!

Edited by suncoastflyer
  • Like 8

P3Dv4 + XP11

MFS

1 hour ago, Jeeeno said:

This video clearly demonstrates why the Asobo turbulence/gust model is not realistic. 

Wrong.

MSFS is not simulating hand held cameras.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Now someone will say that there is not any bumpy airplane, just a bumpy cam. ☠️

Missing the PMDG DC6 in MSFS 2020 (she's here, but...).

It's definitely bumpy, and it's bumpy also for the same reasons it sometimes is - quite realistically I would say - in MFS: When like in this case there are mountains around...

You can observe the wind vector showing a wind from NNE with around 25+ knot and the, around 400ft, it vanishes all of a sudden making the wind vector stopped being displayed in the ND. This type of situation is one I have found a few times landing al LPPT 20, and it's actually known from RL for various northerly  wind conditions...

• Like 1

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Preferred addons: TOLISS A32N, TOGA MU-2, VSkylabs DC-3 and R66, LES DC-3, AWX DC-3

56 minutes ago, jcomm said:

You can observe the wind vector showing a wind from NNE with around 25+ knot and the, around 400ft, it vanishes all of a sudden making the wind vector stopped being displayed in the ND. This type of situation is one I have found a few times landing al LPPT 20, and it's actually known from RL for various northerly  wind conditions...

I don't think the problem is so much when the turbulence occurs, but rather the way the planes react. It's actually impossible for MSFS to be accurate for this, because every developer has a different implementation of the flight model. So there really is no "universal flight model" as far as I understand it. Now there is a universal component to the wind, but how each plane reacts to said turbulence varies depending on flight model implementation. So to say it's accurate to RL would mean every clueless developer that ever built a plane in MSFS got the turbulence reaction correct, even though Asobo keeps updating it, and A LOT of even the major designers (PMDG, Carenado, Milviz, and others), have UPDATED their planes specifically because Asobo changed something.

So yah, it's not accurate, but might be somewhat accurate for some planes some of the time.

Edited by Alpine Scenery
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

You are all mistaken, the most realistic turbulence is found in most threads where flight simmers smack each other around a bit!

But to actually do something differnet and 'get back on topic' ...

Check out the recent LATAM in-flight 'turbulence' , the same channel OP refers to re-posted on their youtube channel too. How the aircraft / pilots kept it together is just incredible.

Edited by Freq_flyer44
splg

3 hours ago, Jetman67 said:

Yep absolutely.  From looking at the FOs movements and not the camera, continuous light turbulence at the worst.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

2 hours ago, suncoastflyer said:

I still can't find a situation where I felt the conditions were unrealistic. My sim must be broken!

I know. I keep reading these threads wondering what folks are talking about. I'm going on the assumption that when, where, and what I'm flying just doesn't make it happen. I'm pretty happy with the winds as currently depicted.

• Like 5

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

GONE BOATING - It's like fishing, but with a clean deck.

31 minutes ago, MDFlier said:

I know. I keep reading these threads wondering what folks are talking about. I'm going on the assumption that when, where, and what I'm flying just doesn't make it happen. I'm pretty happy with the winds as currently depicted.

I think the majority of these negative remarks are from people that have never actually flown in a light aircraft. 

• Like 7

spacer.png

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020  PMDG 777    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

Just being realistic, been in several planes, mostly large, 1 small.
It doesn't feel as good as MS Flight (yet), they haven't recaptured the magic, still waiting.

Maybe I just haven't hit the right winds in the right plane, but so far it feels more artificial. Also, have had barely any turbulence in the PMDG 737, whereas in smaller planes I've been knocked silly at times.

Well, I can attest that even on larger planes, some flights are bad with lots of turbulence. Once on a flight to Boston, I was nearly knocked out from Turbulence. Hit my head on seat in front of me, had seatbelt too loose. That flight jerked me every which away in RL, thought the pilot was going to kill us. He flew straight through a giant thunderstorm, lightning and all.

Edited by Alpine Scenery

AMD 5800x | Nvidia 3080 (12gb) | 64gb ram

39 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I think the majority of these negative remarks are from people that have never actually flown in a light aircraft. 

Yeah, my last actual landing was runway 7 at KLZU in a 152 late in the evening on a hot August day (typical 98°+ Atlanta summer weather) and I got tossed all over the place from an 8 kt crosswind in combination with the thermals coming off of the hot parking lots and roofs and patches of bare dirt below. It was a fun one, but not exactly smooth.   

• Like 3

i9-10850K, ASUS TUF GAMING Z490-PLUS (WI-FI), 32GB G.SKILL DDR4-3603 / PC4-28800, EVGA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti BLACK EDITION 11GB running 3440x1440 

GONE BOATING - It's like fishing, but with a clean deck.