Sign in to follow this  
Crokybird

X-Plane 12 full release in December 2022

2 minutes ago, soaring_penguin said:

who, me? 😇 you are addressing the wrong crowd...

for what it's worth, the flickering is gone on my system since a few betas.

the flicker is where the clouds meet the terrain , though not a show stopper ... but I think LR should  tidy up a bit.

Edited by Humpty
  • Like 3

Ryzen 5 1600x - 16GB DDR4 - RTX 3050 8GB - MSI Gaming Plus

i just want a 330 with an fmgs/fmc that can do a managed descent.

I dont care who does it ms2020 or xp12.  surely is not too much too ask.

Edited by fluffyflops
  • Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

19 minutes ago, Humpty said:

the flicker is where the clouds meet the terrain , though not a show stopper ... but I think LR should  tidy up a bit.

Yep, this is extremely buggy for me, especially in ortho scenery (with or without clouds). There is a really bad flicker in the distant. You can also see a nasty bug if you get to grand level over water and there is a big gab between the water and the land going off to the void (which is probably what is causing this flicker)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, soaring_penguin said:

How many titles do you know that improved performance during current versio, without needing new hardware? This is also commitment. Laminar provided this upgrade from OpenGL to Vulkan for free during the xp11 run. Not so sexy as photogrammetry but not less work!

but haters are going to hate.

Well to be fair MSFS has had major improvements in performance ,as well as many major scenery updates, major flight model improvements and graphics updates since its release a couple years ago. Yes they have made large performances increases without needing new hardware.

It's also transitioned to dx12 and now supports dlss 3.0 - 4k ultra settings with 140fps on the latest gen nvidia card.  

That's on top of releasing many free default aircraft with updates,  as well as partnering with respected 3rd party companies to release there aircraft free as default aircraft on some major updates.

And its got built in massively multiplayer - which is still on Austin's road map.

This is all being done on one version number.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Theboot100 said:

Well to be fair MSFS has had major improvements in performance ,as well as many major scenery updates, major flight model improvements and graphics updates since its release a couple years ago. Yes they have made large performances increases without needing new hardware.

It's also transitioned to dx12 and now supports dlss 3.0 - 4k ultra settings with 140fps on the latest gen nvidia card.  

That's on top of releasing many free default aircraft with updates,  as well as partnering with respected 3rd party companies to release there aircraft free as default aircraft on some major updates.

And its got built in massively multiplayer - which is still on Austin's road map.

This is all being done on one version number.

Very nice.

But does WASM for the likes of the PMDG DC6 run on Linux, Mac or XBOX yet? If not, maybe they should prioritise systems people actually have rather than trying to prop up a dead brand that is facing the final nail in the coffin come December.

AutoATC Developer

2 hours ago, UKflyer said:

i have really bad fps with latest beta anyone else? RTX 3080ti/11900k

@UKFlyer, I see 31 fps in that screenshot. Is that bad ?

I have mine with in-sim VSync + max 32 fps per NCP. I find it jolly good ???

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

3 hours ago, UKflyer said:

i have really bad fps with latest beta anyone else? RTX 3080ti/11900k

MqsUsHB.jpg

spacer.png

Something strains your CPU quite heavy (as the value of 0.0310 indicates) compared to the GPU (0.0144). The latter value isn't this far away from my system (see below 0.0091) which is the same as yours - RTX 3080ti/11900k. But my CPU is on the same level (0.0099) as the GPU. However, I'm on 4K, you seem to be "only on Full HD".

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by flying_carpet
  • Like 1

Watch my YT-channel: https://www.youtube.com/@flyingcarpet1340/

Customer of X-Plane, Aerofly, Flightgear, MSFS.

4 hours ago, mSparks said:

But does WASM for the likes of the PMDG DC6 run on Linux, Mac or XBOX yet? If not, maybe they should prioritise systems people actually have rather than trying to prop up a dead brand that is facing the final nail in the coffin come December.

What is the dead brand? I'm not following.

WASM work is continuing alongside all the other ongoing development. Asobo's team is large enough to work on many things at the same time. 40th anniversary and Sim update 11 drops in 3 days.  They already confirmed WASM for xbox has shifted to SU 12 early next yr. I believe we'll see PMDG/DC6 on XBOX at some point in 2023. You may have been wrong about MSFS not having budget for 2023.

Flight Simulator will never officially be on Linux/Mac. I've tested it on ipad via gamepass cloud gaming. It works rather well on my tablet. I believe on PC you can use mouse and keyboard but don't quote me on that as I haven't tested it.

As for xPlane, I'm actually shocked that it is being released already. My previous guess was 9 to12 months in beta to improve it. As far as I can tell there are a few complaints such as cloud quality, flickering and performance issues. I still experience a lot of flickering.  If these issues still exist in the official release next month, it will certainly get compared to MSFS and bashed.

Xplane 11 had the edge over MSFS due to stability and maturity. However, with MSFS maturing while receiving constant updates, it now has the edge over xplane 12 in my opinion. I'm very interested in how many users will stick with xplane 11 or shift over to xplane 12. If the perception is that xplane 12 is still unstable next month, I think many will stick to xplane 11 or possibly make the jump to microsoft given that gliders and helicopters will be available.

Edited by brinx
  • Like 1

Flight Sim PC - OS: Windows 11 Pro. CPU: i9-13900K.  RAM: 64GB. GPU: NVidia RTX 4090 OC
Flight Sim Xbox - Seriex X, 3TB

I try to be aloof, fairly objective, and never uncritical towards XP, especially its great team.
Yes, I am a fan of XP since XP10. Before that, I grew up on the entire FS series from MS since 98.
But...
- The XP12 is the first time in my life that I haven't paid for the full version since its release
- XP12 vs XP11 ---> a huge waste of $$$ and time I spent making the XP11 look "beautiful" and "good" 😉
- XP12 -> rain, seasons ... of course I want it, but how many hours is it waiting for me to have what I had before ....
- clouds ???? well as pilot I avoid them. I've had very satisfying 2D views of the clouds (except when they rotate when I fly into them ;-)). Volumetric, although more perfect, but they kill my FPS and are "bland".

I ignore the aspects of the impact of weather on flight physics, the mere improvement of the "invisible" new aspects of the XP12, because it is undeniable.

PS. after a year, after buying (just out of curiosity) MSFS, I got into it again after the release of XP12 ....
and frankly i was shocked at how smooth and good the simulation in VR in MSFS vs XP.
Sad because I still feel like in MSFS, like I'm playing a game,but the gulf in terms of visualization and simulation smoothness is getting bigger ...

3 minutes ago, Bulva said:

Sad because I still feel like in MSFS, like I'm playing a game,but the gulf in terms of visualization

I was quite surprised at my reaction to XP12.  I have very much enjoyed MSFS, but after loading XP12 for the first time I suddenly found the lighting and visuals in MSFS to look 'flat', a little cartoonish looking trees and an odd 'glare' to the textures.  Although XP12 clouds have a way to go, the lighting is so good I can forgive that for the moment.

I still consider MSFS an excellent simulator, but when I load it I get less of a sense of reality and more a feeling of 'game' graphics.

• Upvote 1

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

Lighting effects in MSFS (although at times effective), for me personally, is one of the biggest failures of MSFS (for someone who has seen the world from above many times). These small balls, taxi lights, etc, etc  ... what's going on? 😉

2 hours ago, jcomm said:

@UKFlyer, I see 31 fps in that screenshot. Is that bad ?

I have mine with in-sim VSync + max 32 fps per NCP. I find it jolly good ???

oh lol, i was getting 50-60 in previous versions

• Like 1

1 hour ago, flying_carpet said:

Something strains your CPU quite heavy (as the value of 0.0310 indicates) compared to the GPU (0.0144). The latter value isn't this far away from my system (see below 0.0091) which is the same as yours - RTX 3080ti/11900k. But my CPU is on the same level (0.0099) as the GPU. However, I'm on 4K, you seem to be "only on Full HD".

spacer.png

spacer.png

wowzers 90?? i was in the zibo so may be a bug somewhere in it