Sign in to follow this  
ndflieger

P3Dv5.3 Dawn, Dusk, Night textures horrible - new computer

Greetings!

I have a new computer I bought specifically for P3Dv5.3 and MSFS 2020. On my previous computer, I was running P3Dv4.5 and the visuals were beautiful!

However, on my new rig, P3Dv5.3 looks OK during daylight hours, but the dawn, dusk and night sky textures really suck - badly!

I'm using RDShade and ReShade, along with Rex SkyForce3D for the clouds only.

I've been trying to tweak this for a couple of weeks but can't seem to find the sweet spot.

Any recommendations for presets?

Here are my system specs:

Intel® Core™ i9-12900KF 3.20GHz

GIGABYTE Z690 AORUS MASTER - EATX

(2) * 16GB DDR5-5600 Kingston Fury Beast RGB

NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6X

2TB Seagate Firecuda 530 NVMe M.2 SSD

CLX Quench 240 Closed Liquid Cooler

4TB SAMSUNG 870 QVO 2.5in SATA3 SSD

HORUS Eclipse P300A Mid Tower Black

(3) * Standard 120mm Case Fans

850 Watt Corsair RMX 850x 80 Plus Gold

CREATIVE Sound Blaster Audigy

10/100/1000 Gigabit Network Onboard

Dell 27" S2721DGF Gaming Monitor

MSFS looks great! But I'm having a difficult time adjusting to the different view settings compared to P3D. I want to keep using P3D for the time being until the whole PMDG product line is available for MSFS 2020.

Regards,

Scott

Edited by ndflieger
Clarification

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

Hi, 

I've tried it both ways. With it off some things are better, but others are worse (hard horizon line, etc...). Also at night, some of the cockpit textures look like word not allowed as well.

"...now let's get this thing on the hump - we've got some flyin' to do!" ~ Major Kong from "Dr. Stranglove"

Scott Cebula

28 minutes ago, ndflieger said:

Hi, 

I've tried it both ways. With it off some things are better, but others are worse (hard horizon line, etc...). Also at night, some of the cockpit textures look like word not allowed as well.

Best way dealt your shaders in your local P3Dv5 shader folder and re-start P3D and see if what the effect is. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Unfortunately, this is why i kept 4.5 on my system and also V5.3.Dusk & dawn really suck in v5 compared to previous versions. I have tried every combination and never liked it. 

Most my flights are now back on P3d4.5 (with tomatoshade) as this gives me lovely skies, especially through the winter period and short days.  I'll break out V5 again when the days are longer and i can use EA skies without the fear of dusk or dawn....

Thank for the replies!

Looks like there isn't much that can be done.

Regards,

Scott

Scott Cebula

The best sky textures I’ve seen in P3d are using Envtex. Unfortunately, I have not been able to get Envtex to work in p3dv5 for several months and gave up trying to use it. 

Orman

Yes, I know about the issues with Envtex and P3Dv5. I had it installed in v4.5 and it worked wonders for the sim! Wish there was something like that for v5.3.

On a flight now from KSEA to KLAX in a PMDG B738BCF during the middle of the day with EA "off". Things looked good before climbing into the flight levels. At FL370 things don't look as good as they did at lower altitudes, but I think it's better than with EA "on".

Scott Cebula

On 11/24/2022 at 1:02 AM, ndflieger said:

Greetings!

I have a new computer I bought specifically for P3Dv5.3 and MSFS 2020. On my previous computer, I was running P3Dv4.5 and the visuals were beautiful!

However, on my new rig, P3Dv5.3 looks OK during daylight hours, but the dawn, dusk and night sky textures really suck - badly!

I'm using RDShade and ReShade, along with Rex SkyForce3D for the clouds only.

I've been trying to tweak this for a couple of weeks but can't seem to find the sweet spot.

Any recommendations for presets?

Here are my system specs:

Intel® Core™ i9-12900KF 3.20GHz

GIGABYTE Z690 AORUS MASTER - EATX

(2) * 16GB DDR5-5600 Kingston Fury Beast RGB

NVIDIA® GeForce® RTX 3080 Ti 12GB GDDR6X

2TB Seagate Firecuda 530 NVMe M.2 SSD

CLX Quench 240 Closed Liquid Cooler

4TB SAMSUNG 870 QVO 2.5in SATA3 SSD

HORUS Eclipse P300A Mid Tower Black

(3) * Standard 120mm Case Fans

850 Watt Corsair RMX 850x 80 Plus Gold

CREATIVE Sound Blaster Audigy

10/100/1000 Gigabit Network Onboard

Dell 27" S2721DGF Gaming Monitor

MSFS looks great! But I'm having a difficult time adjusting to the different view settings compared to P3D. I want to keep using P3D for the time being until the whole PMDG product line is available for MSFS 2020.

Regards,

Scott

Apologies for semi-hijak, but is your powerful PC overcoming the blurries and disappearing autogen that I used to endure all the time ?

Hello Gabe777!

I have not noticed any blurries or disappearing autogen. However, what I did notice the other day when I flew the PMDG B738 from KSEA to KLAX while on the SID for 24R (which is basically a downwind leg over Los Angeles), the autogen of the city popping up in chunks ahead of the aircraft. I'm using Orbx Global and North American. I am using the standard KLAX that came with P3D.

Cheers,

Scott

Scott Cebula