Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Carenado to address older bugs/issues

I read on Carenado's facebook page something which surprised me quite a bit.  They mentioned they are addressing older msfs products and bugs and will fix them hopefully come January.

I consider this excellent progress for Carenado.  Even the fact that they have communicated this is a great improvement from years past...

52563590572_c143b28bc0_b.jpgcarenado by Ryan Butterworth, on Flickr

• Like 13
  • Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

That’s great to hear from a company that seems extremely quiet. I was thinking about them the other day because in my FSX days they always had an annual pre Christmas sale a few weeks before Christmas. I was hoping to see some of their MSFS planes go on sale, unless I missed it.

Love Airplanes and American Muscle Cars

Well this sounds great.

I wonder if this also includes the planes they’ve made for Asobo updates?

I wanted to get the 182 but everyone says its trash. 

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

9 minutes ago, ryanbatc said:

I consider this excellent progress for Carenado.  Even the fact that they have communicated this is a great improvement from years past...

4 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

I feel Carenado get some unfair criticism for their work not being atvthe same high level as the very best aircraft developers.

I had their Cessna Citation 560XL, plus both ATR 42 and 72 in P3D. For their price point, these aeroplanes looked great, performed well enough and had enough systems functionality to justify buying. Much more so than, say, FeelThere or VirtualCol aircraft.

Fair play to them revisiting and updating their older MSFS aircraft. Some less scrupulous developers wouldn't.

• Like 4

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

4 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Not everyone.  It seems to be one of those things that if repeated enough, it has to be true! :rolleyes:  Then again there are a lot of Carenado bashers that like to continually jump on the bandwagon as they think it makes them look like a 'serious' simmer. 

It is a simplistic aircraft for sure, but it has had a lot of updates, does fly nice, looks great, and I have had many enjoyable flights in it. Uses the default G1000NXi now of course. 

Worth picking up at a sale price I would say. 

The only thing I wasn't too keen on were the sounds, although they are now acceptable.  The FTsim ones have transformed it for me, just like with the Aerosoft Twin Otter and Default / Black Square Caravan. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

1 hour ago, bobcat999 said:

Not everyone.  It seems to be one of those things that if repeated enough, it has to be true! :rolleyes:  Then again there are a lot of Carenado bashers that like to continually jump on the bandwagon as they think it makes them look like a 'serious' simmer. 

It is a simplistic aircraft for sure, but it has had a lot of updates, does fly nice, looks great, and I have had many enjoyable flights in it. Uses the default G1000NXi now of course. 

Worth picking up at a sale price I would say. 

The only thing I wasn't too keen on were the sounds, although they are now acceptable.  The FTsim ones have transformed it for me, just like with the Aerosoft Twin Otter and Default / Black Square Caravan. 

Is the AP decent? 

Does it work well with WT NXi? 

I might pick it up. 

• Upvote 1

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

I have more faith in the lottery ticket I just bought than in Carenado's "mea culpas" - which, IMHO, are nothing more than a desperate attempt to get out from under all the bad press they have been generating. 

With the release of AAU1 Carenado realized that they can no longer be asleep at the wheel and have to step up their game.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

I have more faith in the lottery ticket I just bought than in Carenado's "mea culpas" - which, IMHO, are nothing more than a desperate attempt to get out from under all the bad press they have been generating. 

With the release of AAU1 Carenado realized that they can no longer be asleep at the wheel and have to step up their game.

Hopefully they've had a look at the quality & ongoing support that FlightFX provide and realised that they don't make the cut anymore.

Time will tell, not convinced that the leopard can change it's spots though.

Hope they prove me wrong.

G

• Like 1

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

I just want my Centurion🥲

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea

26 minutes ago, Gazzareth said:

they don't make the cut anymore.

The Flight Factor biz jets cost the same as the Carenado stuff but are lightyears ahead in terms of features and support. 

I'm not surprised Carenado doesn't have a Discord channel.🧐

1 minute ago, Ricardo41 said:

The Flight Factor biz jets cost the same as the Carenado stuff but are lightyears ahead in terms of features and support. 

I'm not surprised Carenado doesn't have a Discord channel.🧐

Absolutely, kind if blown away that they are adding the Elite II to the HJet as a free update......

G

• Like 1

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

2 hours ago, Gazzareth said:

Absolutely, kind if blown away that they are adding the Elite II to the HJet as a free update......

G

What’s an Elite II?

i910900k, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4 RAM, AW3423DW, Ruddy girt big mug of Yorkshire Tea