Sign in to follow this  
ryanbatc

Carenado to address older bugs/issues

3 hours ago, ryanbatc said:

I think I'm about single piston'd out

Yes, there are indeed many piston planes but I'm still awaiting one: the Cessna C-185.

Has anything been done to their Beech 18, with regard to the loud fuel pump noise and weak engine sounds ?

Surely not everybody was kung fu fighting.

https://rationalwiki.org

Here is the changelog for the C182:

VERSION 1.6.0 RELEASED JANUARY 1, 2023 

-Redesigned flight dynamics for better accuracy. 
-Updated avionics to standard G1000 nxi. 
-Implemented VR controls. 
-Corrected fuel flow indication. 
-Corrected registration number's color and font issue. 
-Fixed tinted windows. 
-Fixed kollsmann baro indication to match G1000's altimeter setting. 
-Added engine heat effect. 
-fixed other minor bugs. 

• Like 1

Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080

With the release of AAU1 beta and the work of FlightFX CareNOdo is moving closer and closer to being insignificant.

On 12/14/2022 at 7:39 PM, fakeflyer737 said:

I wanted to get the 182 but everyone says its trash. 

Carenado made some decent aircraft, but the 182 was not one of them. 

• Upvote 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

5 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

Carenado made some decent aircraft, but the 182 was not one of them. 

That being said they just updated their Skylane with some good fixes... like VR should work now (I'll try) and they fixed the fuel flow and integrated the G1000 NXi much better now

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

On 12/15/2022 at 3:15 PM, Gordon Hutchison said:

Buying a Carenado addon always been a lottery, some are not too bad whereas others release with frankly mind boggling bugs that make one question if they test addons at all before pushing them out the door. Compound this with their legendary lack of customer communication, buyers have always been left wondering if Carenado will ever release fixes for their products.

And, really, that's the problem.  Why would you buy aircraft from a company that doesn't fix/improve their products when there are other developers that are continually making improvements?  The answer is folks that don't mind.  They just want to load it up on the runway and go.  If Carenado wants to expand their market into the folks that do mind then they'll have to make fixes and improvements.  For me, these days, I think about more than the cost of the airplane.  I think...is it worth the time to set it up...is it worth spending the time to learn its procedures?  If not, I don't even think about buying it.  Instead, I spend the time learning the aircraft I already have.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

11 hours ago, Gregg_Seipp said:

The answer is folks that don't mind.  They just want to load it up on the runway and go.

I am such a guy because I really like the looks of their aircraft. 🙂
I have only two Carenado's: C-170 and the Waco. They both actually got updates after user feedback after release and recently they were also updated.
Currently awaiting a hopefully reincarnation of the Cessna C-185. 🙂

• Like 1

On 12/14/2022 at 7:39 PM, fakeflyer737 said:

I wanted to get the 182 but everyone says its trash. 

If trash is the word used in anyone's opinion do not trust that opinion.

On 12/15/2022 at 11:16 AM, ErichB said:

I'm still bearish on Carenado.  

You want to Hug them?...tear them apart with your sharp claws?...chase them up a tree?.

As far as their stuff goes I only have the Cessna 337 and I rate it as Ok and quite enjoyable. Anyway great to see a developer standing by past releases

Their stuff is not trash but I wish that they wouldn't release new products with obvious flaws and then take forever to fix them - if they ever do fix them. I've had their products for a long time and it's always been the same thing. I have three of four in MSFS and mostly they are OK. If they would just listen to us and fix at least the major issues it would really help their reputation which, according to this thread, could use a bit of fixing.

• Like 2

Rick Abshier

5900X | RTX3080 | 32 GB@3600 | India Pale Ale

I honestly wish they sold out of their own store and not only the MP.  That way people who choose to, could change some code.

Still though the c182 fixes are nice.  It's no A2A but the price for me was 15 USD on sale - I can barely feed myself fast food for less than that.

• Upvote 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

On 12/16/2022 at 1:06 AM, Mace said:

Those of you who are critical of Carenado -- if their planes work with the 3rd-party avionics, what is not to like?   Maybe something in the flight model possibly?

When I started and was a noob when it came to addons, I almost bought the whole fleet for FSX from Carenado. Then I dig deeper into simming and realised, all the planes I bought was nice looking trash. I found A2A and never looked back. 

To me Carenado seem too be able to pump out planes faster than I change underwear, when others spend 2 years developing 1 plane. Too me something has to get lost in such rapid development, like "quality vs quantity". 

They probably have their market and use, but I will not buy those planes. That would be like buying default planes for the sim, only difference, I can open the door. 

Yes, as touched upon above, the key weakness in Carenado planes in MSFS is not the core product - but that fact that they only sell on the Marketplace; with encrypted files.   Meaning that people like Bert P cannot apply the community fixes and improvements that have made so many previous Carenado planes (for FSX, P3D and XP) anything from 'a lot better' to ' absolutely transformed'.

There are around 6 fixes to AP problems in various Carenado MSFS releases that I could resolve in 10 minutes, had I access to the systems.cfg.

Edited by JYW
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Bill

UK LAPL-A (Formerly NPPL-A and -M)