Sign in to follow this  
Keirtt

Another lump of coal: PMDG Update [24DEC22]

On 12/25/2022 at 7:04 AM, V1ROTA7E said:

We don’t know what developers are silently working on other Boeing products, reading these comments, and creating a product that will not only sell, but demolish any competitor. 

Even though threads like these can seem whiny and incessant, they’re necessary. They quite literally guide the development of these products, and give real feedback to developers which allows for innovation. 

Well, we know Blue Bird / Just Flight are bringing both the 757 and 767 to MSFS, so we'll soon have at least one comparison.

And I think it'd be very good for PMDG to have an actual competitor, rather than us having to choose Boeing or Airbus.

All I can say is that i'd be first in line if a Boeing addon good enough to "demolish" PMDG comes to market. Perhaps that will be Flight Factor's pending 787 or 777 versions 2...

On 12/25/2022 at 8:32 AM, Cpt_Piett said:

I think partly the point is that Fenix and FBW has managed to have both an EFB as well as stuff needed to fly the plane. It shouldn’t have to be an either/or thing.

While you're not wrong, it's also fair to say that Fenix & FBW each have but one product (not to mention just one sim). I would almost expect them to be "more complete".

On 12/25/2022 at 9:55 AM, mspencer said:

Well, they should have been, because the FSLabs offerings felt like a superior experience to PMDG every time. Airplane felt more alive.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that they probably didn't view it as a pressure though. There's no question in my mind that FSL has been significantly more innovative in the last five years than PMDG.

Considering that FSL is 3x the price of PMDG, I would certainly hope so...

On 12/25/2022 at 10:01 AM, Cognita said:

I tend to think sacrificing some profit and bringing on some additional staff

Considering the 3+ year hole in 100% of their revenue while developing for MSFS, I can't blame them for backfilling it before "sacrificing some profit"

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, UrgentSiesta said:

Considering that FSL is 3x the price of PMDG, I would certainly hope so...

Umm what aircraft has FSL released for MSFS? Waiting....... this is not P3D and the PMDG 777/747 was not much cheaper than FSL either.

Edited by jbdbow1970
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, bendead said:

Faster than PMDG if they had to develop their 737 from scratch and not ported from P3D

LoLs! 

And they were handed a fully-functional-in-THIS-sim A320. A heckuva head start, I'd say 😉

"Porting" is a myth - get over it.

1 hour ago, UrgentSiesta said:

All I really want is a highly realistic representation of the IRL aircraft, and PMDG delivers.

So you consider the fact that you have to "teleport" through the door to get from cockpit to cabin a "highly realistic represenation of the IRL aircraft"?

19 minutes ago, UrgentSiesta said:

"Porting" is a myth - get over it.

You don't think PMDG is not using coding from fSX/P3D with C++?  now that's a big LOL. PMDG products in MSFS are not from scratch.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bendead said:

What about sounds and systems logic? If you add them to models and textures you pretty much have a full addon

Do you actually believe that? I mean, really believe it...?

For if it were true, we'd have been positively FLOODED with "ports" from P3D & FSX as of August 2020.

But here in the real world, it took ALL but one of the High Fidelity airliner devs about 3 years to bring those easy-bake "ports" to market.

Quite a difference in time span to your highly estimated Level of Effort, no? Wonder why...?

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

Umm what aircraft has FSL released for MSFS? Waiting....... this is not P3D and the PMDG 777/747 was not much cheaper than FSL either.

I didn't bring FSL into the convo, so ask the guy who did.

I'm comparing P3D products to each other.

37 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

So you consider the fact that you have to "teleport" through the door to get from cockpit to cabin a "highly realistic represenation of the IRL aircraft"?

I'll see that and raise you this: how realistic is it to "teleport" right into the captain's seat?

I mean if that type of soon to be fixed window dressing is all you got...

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

You don't think PMDG is not using coding from fSX/P3D with C++?  now that's a big LOL. PMDG products in MSFS are not from scratch.

I would certainly HOPE they're repurposing assets wherever it makes sense!

"Porting" is a myth. If it were true in the sense that you "experts" assert, we'd have the entire PMDG line up in MSFS by now, along with nearly every other dev's ESP products. Heck,  I bet even FSL would be in-sim by now!

Edited by UrgentSiesta
grammar

9 minutes ago, jbdbow1970 said:

This thread is old and stale btw PMDG just released another (12/30/22) update. [30DEC22] End of Year Update for PMDG 737 MSFS product line- and a few other short notes. - PMDG Simulations. Mods should lock this its no more of good use happy new year.

Why? It had half a dozen posts just this a.m., which is what floated it to the top of the forum and why it came to my attention. Or do you not grep how these features work...?

Edited by UrgentSiesta
correction

2 hours ago, UrgentSiesta said:

Flight Factor's pending 787 or 777 versions 2

At a price. And that's mainly at the price of destroyed fps! I well remember the glass cockpit 767 upgrade by FF for which even the worlds most powerful PC was not adequate. 😂 They were/are a very overrated XP developer. Toliss even did the FMS for the FF A350 upgrade for some reason.

Edited by jarmstro
  • Upvote 1