Sign in to follow this  
Keirtt

Another lump of coal: PMDG Update [24DEC22]

On 12/24/2022 at 1:55 PM, ThomseN_inc said:

If you fly the 700 there is a neat little app in the appstore called TOPER 737 free. It works very well!

Sadly, not available on Apple mobile. 

3 hours ago, DD_Arthur said:

Under significant pressure? From FSL?
Interesting perspective.  

FSLabs really changed the game in P3D and, in my opinion, became THE aircraft developer on that platform. Their offerings, as mentioned by other posters, felt significantly more "alive", immersive, and feature-rich. Unfortunately, as per usual, they are taking their sweet time in getting their birds over to the MSFS platform. Hopefully they speed things up because I miss their 320series (yes, I have Fenix and it is very good) and am really hyped for the A330.

More on topic, I'm still a big fan of PMDG and while I don't enjoy the 737 lineup, I'm eagerly waiting to back into the 777 and 747 when they eventually make their way to MSFS.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Stearmandriver said:

They also said working runway outlines in AIII was coming.

Are they still working on it?

Last time, I remember RSR jumping on my throat because he thought AIII outlines and flight path vector issues were the same and was mad when I asked if the FPV could be fixed in couple of weeks. It was fixed a couple of days later by a mod on flightsim.to 🙄 then a month or so later on an official patch.

• Like 1

The lack of an EFB just show that pmdg ist stuck in 2015. they are so used to reselll the same planes over and over again that having to actually add something new brings them to a complete halt. Can’t wait for the 737 v2 ultra premium deluxe for msfs for 70€ in 2 years

• Like 5
  • Upvote 2

Lukas Dalton

1 hour ago, Bigt said:

FSLabs really changed the game in P3D.

Well it did not help the PMDG cost when the guy who started FS Labs was a lead developer for PMDG until 2008. They made their first Airbus for FSX and put Aerosoft to shame.

Edited by jbdbow1970

On 12/24/2022 at 7:36 PM, Farlis said:

I take it you are not on any Meta/Oculus hardware then?

i use a HP G2, all my hardware i use is in my signature

• Like 1

MSFS Alpha tester on W10 Pro x64. Hardware: AMD 5900X 12 core CPU. Cooler Master ML360R AIO, Asus X570-E mobo, Asus Strix 3090 24GB gfx card, G.Skill TridentZ 64GB (4x16) DDR4-3600 RAM, Samsung 970 250GB SSD (OS), Samsung 980 Pro 1TB M.2 pcie-4 NVMe SSD (MSFS install). EVGA 850w Gold cert PSU, CUK Continuum full ATX tower.  43" Sceptre 4K display. VR: HP Reverb G2.

5 minutes ago, Brandon01110 said:

i use a HP G2, all my hardware i use is in my signature

Then I can't help you, because I don't know how this works with other Headsets. In Oculus you can bring any desktop window into VR with you.

On 12/26/2022 at 1:32 AM, DaWu said:

The lack of an EFB just show that pmdg ist stuck in 2015. they are so used to reselll the same planes over and over again that having to actually add something new brings them to a complete halt. Can’t wait for the 737 v2 ultra premium deluxe for msfs for 70€ in 2 years

What are you talking about? They are about to release the EFB, most probably in January alongside the -900 according to the latest post (though not with all features initially), so it's not like they ignore EFBs. Also it's included in the NG3, so please don't spread wrong infromation about additional costs in 2 years or whatever. Also they had EFBs on P3D for years ongoing.
You can rightly criticise that it took them very long to create the all-new EFB for MSFS (which I did repatedly) and that they are somewhat fallen behind in modern user-friendliness, but there's no need to totally make up things just to prove your point.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

The only reason I am not going to complain about the EFB, is the fact that their 737 series are the best passenger birds in this sim hands down. Stable, continually updated and with the same quality as they delivered over the years. Randazzo is notorious for over promising things, got used to it over the years. I really want the 777 and have them put their hands on the Dreamliner. 

• Like 4

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

11 minutes ago, Drumcode said:

The only reason I am not going to complain about the EFB, is the fact that their 737 series are the best passenger birds in this sim hands down. Stable, continually updated and with the same quality as they delivered over the years. Randazzo is notorious for over promising things, got used to it over the years. I really want the 777 and have them put their hands on the Dreamliner. 

Quite a few people own both the 737 and the Fenix, and wind up flying the Fenix way more often. 

• Like 3

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

5 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Quite a few people own both the 737 and the Fenix, and wind up flying the Fenix way more often. 

I am a bit biased as I'm a Boeing guy. Not knocking on the Fenix at all, both products are fantastic. 

• Like 1

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

24 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

That goes both ways .. I fly the 737 90% of the time over the Fenix

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

47 minutes ago, Maxis said:

That goes both ways .. I fly the 737 90% of the time over the Fenix

Yep - Same.

I fly online in a large community with most pilots owning both and most pilots flying the 737 most of the time.

Jase

• Like 2

Jaseman. Lovin it up here........

Catch us over at MassieSim32 -> https://discord.gg/B4buuHGhcr

2 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I own both and I am an Airbus guy at heart but I bought the 737 much later and only recently actually as I felt like I needed a change and wow that bird has gave me a rejuvenated interest. An don’t get me wrong, the Fenix is superb but the 737 performance an general handling an feel is quite something.. Bottom line we’re comparing Porsche to Ferrari here there’s reasons to prefer one over the other sure, EFB aside you have to respect both.

Edited by Carts85
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2