Sign in to follow this  
bogdansrb

X-Plane 12 Performance Issues

6 hours ago, bogdansrb said:

As with the cloud issue, I've experienced it and I think many did, but not everyone reported it.

You got access to LR bug report figures, or just another assertion?

Intel i9-10900K @ 5.1Ghz,  Nvidia 2080ti 11Gb, 32Gb Ram, Samsung Odyssey G7 HDR 600 27inch Monitor 2560x1440, Windows 11 Home

10 hours ago, mSparks said:

did get killed by icing while trying tho, learnt the hard way that

Gotta love X-Plane for details like those.

• Like 2

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

I received a response form Laminar on a report that some airports see significant drops when looking at certain parts of it, even the small ones.

But the exclusion zones are NOT ignored or somehow disfunctional in X-Plane 12 . All the reportted heliports do not have any exclusion put into place by their authors. Please report that as a bug for each of the individual heliport on the Airport Sxcenery Gateway. This needs to be fixed by the gateway design coomunity.

I honestly don't know what to get from this. Maybe someone more experienced can chime in.

Setup: RX6800 | 5800X3D + B450 | 32GB 3200MHz | X-Plane 12

11 hours ago, bogdansrb said:

I received a response form Laminar on a report that some airports see significant drops when looking at certain parts of it, even the small ones.

I honestly don't know what to get from this. Maybe someone more experienced can chime in.

I don’t understand that answer either.

Until now I only experienced a massive drop at EHAM-airport, when looking in some directions. It looks like the drop doesn‘t come from the airport itself but from the default scenery around. Because i replaced the Earth Data +50+00 folder with the one from the HD-mesh. And the fps were good again (with the same default airport)! So i really don‘t know what is causing that in the area of Amsterdam. It also doesn‘t seem to be caused by the city itself but when looking to the south-east from the airport. I reported this as well.

i912900k, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM

5 hours ago, Franz007 said:

I don’t understand that answer either.

Until now I only experienced a massive drop at EHAM-airport, when looking in some directions. It looks like the drop doesn‘t come from the airport itself but from the default scenery around. Because i replaced the Earth Data +50+00 folder with the one from the HD-mesh. And the fps were good again (with the same default airport)! So i really don‘t know what is causing that in the area of Amsterdam. It also doesn‘t seem to be caused by the city itself but when looking to the south-east from the airport. I reported this as well.

at EHAM and most of Europe! Heading east from UK to Germany/Poland i always get fps drops to 20s/30s. It ruins the sim completely.

4 minutes ago, UKflyer said:

at EHAM and most of Europe! Heading east from UK to Germany/Poland i always get fps drops to 20s/30s. It ruins the sim completely.

Are you using custom scenery?

A lot of the older stuff has corrupt assets that do funky things to framerate.

X-europe used to cause a choice of a CTD or 5fps over the swiss alps a couple of years ago, afaik that one was fixed.

Edited by mSparks

AutoATC Developer

42 minutes ago, mSparks said:

X-europe used to cause a choice of a CTD or 5fps over the swiss alps a couple of years ago, afaik that one was fixed.

yeh X-world Europe but flying at 350 you'd think the objects wouldn't be rendered

I get the same behaviour with vanilla scenery even at small airports. Actually I noticed that 3rd party airports that were updated for XP12 don't cause this.

Setup: RX6800 | 5800X3D + B450 | 32GB 3200MHz | X-Plane 12

4 hours ago, mSparks said:

Test in a fully vanilla-version as well. Same thing. i12900K and GTX 3090 -> fps going down to 10-11 fps when looking in some directions at middle-high settings.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Franz007 said:

Test in a fully vanilla-version as well. Same thing. i12900K and GTX 3090 -> fps going down to 10-11 fps when looking in some directions at middle-high settings.

could you save me a .sit file example, maybe we can track down what asset is responsible.

last time I found one of these was a few years ago:

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/202142-i-disabled-default-aerosoft-scenery/

• Like 1

AutoATC Developer

On 1/29/2023 at 8:18 PM, mSparks said:

could you save me a .sit file example, maybe we can track down what asset is responsible.

https://forums.x-plane.org/index.php?/forums/topic/202142-i-disabled-default-aerosoft-scenery/

Thanks for your help. That would be great. I already noticed that replacing the whole folder +50+00 in the default scenery by the one from XP11 (smalled in size) made it better. There actually seem to be different things killing the fps but the difficulg part is to deal with the huge variations: sometimes all is good for 30 seconds, the switching the camera to the wing-view an back to the cockpit can make the fps drop from 40-42 fps (before) to 14 fps (after switching back) and then the fps staying there until i play aroumd with the cam a bit. The. Suddenly all fps are back to „normal“.

So what i also did see is that X-World seems to impact it massively as well there. But i will try again in the vanilla-installation and send you a .sit-file.

On 1/29/2023 at 8:18 PM, mSparks said:

Unfortunately i don't find a way to send you my .sit-file. Where can i attach a file to my message?

But the situation is the following: In the fully vanilla-XP12rc3 i am parked with the default C172 at stand M70.

Initially FPS from the cockpit-view: 56-57 fps. Then moving with the chase-camera around from a few hundeds meters away from the aircraft and looking in direction of the lake marked in the prinstcreen below (south): FPS droped to 24 fps. Then back in the cockpit. FPS stayed at 24 fps (were 56-57 fps before...). After 2-3 minutes, the fps seemed to have been stabilized beetween 40 and 55 fps in every direction. But then this: switching to the Tower-view, there is a very short but massive drop in FPS that makes the camera-movement stuttering (but extremely fast, like a few 1/100 sec droping to 20-22 fps and immediatley going back to 50-55 fps). Then not quitting the tower-view but moving around the view with the mouse in direction of the lake in the south: fps are back to 25 fps. Then back into cockpit: 55 fps. Right wing-view then: 19 fps..right wing-view in direction of Amsterdam-city: 44-45 fps. Then right wing-view again: back to 19-20 fps..it's extremely strange. Can you try on your system?

spacer.png

Edited by Franz007

I'm curious if time of day/sun angle above the horizon makes a difference with the slowdowns.  We had a similar issue in one of the earlier versions of P3D some time back...it appeared when the sun was low on the horizon.

• Like 1

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

18 hours ago, Franz007 said:

Unfortunately i don't find a way to send you my .sit-file. Where can i attach a file to my message?

But the situation is the following: In the fully vanilla-XP12rc3 i am parked with the default C172 at stand M70.

Initially FPS from the cockpit-view: 56-57 fps. Then moving with the chase-camera around from a few hundeds meters away from the aircraft and looking in direction of the lake marked in the prinstcreen below (south): FPS droped to 24 fps. Then back in the cockpit. FPS stayed at 24 fps (were 56-57 fps before...). After 2-3 minutes, the fps seemed to have been stabilized beetween 40 and 55 fps in every direction. But then this: switching to the Tower-view, there is a very short but massive drop in FPS that makes the camera-movement stuttering (but extremely fast, like a few 1/100 sec droping to 20-22 fps and immediatley going back to 50-55 fps). Then not quitting the tower-view but moving around the view with the mouse in direction of the lake in the south: fps are back to 25 fps. Then back into cockpit: 55 fps. Right wing-view then: 19 fps..right wing-view in direction of Amsterdam-city: 44-45 fps. Then right wing-view again: back to 19-20 fps..it's extremely strange. Can you try on your system?

spacer.png

I think its this

S66G5IQ.png

Which I got to by "following" the FPS hit, from exactly the same location as you and @UKflyer posted.

58 minutes ago, Bob Scott said:

I'm curious if time of day/sun angle above the horizon makes a difference with the slowdowns.  We had a similar issue in one of the earlier versions of P3D some time back...it appeared when the sun was low on the horizon.

This was an issue in earlier releases, fixed in 12.01b1

https://www.x-plane.com/kb/x-plane-12-00-release-notes/

XPD-13665 – Massive performance drop at sunrise/sunset

• Like 1

AutoATC Developer