Sign in to follow this  
bogdansrb

X-Plane 12 Performance Issues

I noticed that too. It's an artifact from cloud aliasing.

• Upvote 1

Setup: RX6800 | 5800X3D + B450 | 32GB 3200MHz | X-Plane 12

Notice the FPS as I simply move from looking at those trees to looking at airport buildings

0jB6RCb.png

kbphkGw.png

1 hour ago, bogdansrb said:

I noticed that too. It's an artifact from cloud aliasing.

shouldn't everybody experience this then?

how can LR release xperiment-12 "now in full release" with such obvious bugs! these black clouds are ugly anyway, even without that aliasing effect.

with trees 34 fps, without 23 fps. I thought the trees were causing loss of fps?

is that the aerobask DA-62? how are the sounds?

Edited by turbomax
  • Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

1 hour ago, bogdansrb said:

Notice the FPS as I simply move from looking at those trees to looking at airport buildings

its been reported on the ORG, its a common issue.

Edited by Ray Proudfoot
Images in quoted post removed.
  • Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

I'm so tired of these MSFS versus xplane arguments. This is a forum about x-plane. I purchased MSFS when it came out. It doesn't suit me and I wiped it off my hard-drive.  That's just me. I am a full-time x-plane user. There are obviously a number of bugs that need correcting. For me, real weather is an important one. But one thing I have to say: I use x-plane 12 since the first beta, always flying the Toliss a319. And not once, the program froze or crashed on me. And that is rather fabulous!

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, GoranM said:

I think we all are.  But most of us are more tired of the trolling.

They released a sim which you can't properly use at night, with AA issues and a broken weather system. 

Just because customers are not satisfied doesn't mean its trolling. 

We are all aware you seem to think Austin and his team are pariahs, they are not, they have released for sale too soon at Christmas (to create sales) a sim which is far far away from being polished,which I agree so did MS and P3D in previous versions. 

My point it's until the developers in all platforms stop doing it I'll will continue to bang on about it, like others have said pay to beta, in my current opinion is cancer on the community, and it needs to be called out.   Just because you don't like my opinion or many others doesn't mean its trolling. 

All I want its developers to realease good quality products like they used too, all on platforms. 

Edited by fluffyflops
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 5

14ppkc-6.png

10 hours ago, turbomax said:

after reloading the FLIGHT in midair but after changing time to daylight, all panels are black but engines running normal. total partial panel, so to speak. didn't expect that after loading a flight file, this would be a case for squawking 7600 and use standby instruments.

Unless the author has rigged the Lua code of an aircraft to re-initialize itself depending on the situation (airborne/ground and engines running/cold and dark), all systems will be initialized cold and dark by default after a reload.

• Like 1

7950X3D + 6900 XT + 64 GB + Linux | 4800H + RTX2060 + 32 GB + Linux
My add-ons from my FS9/FSX days

1 hour ago, Bjoern said:

all systems will be initialized cold and dark by default after a reload.

thanks Bjoern, didn't know that. it is the default Citation Longitude.

• Like 1

AMD 7800X3D, Windows 11, Gigabyte X670 AORUS Elite AX Motherboard, 64GB DDR5 G.SKILL Trident Z5 NEO RGB (AMD Expo), RTX 4090,  Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 2 TB PCIe 4.0, Samsung 980 PRO M.2 NVMe SSD 1 TB PCIe 4.0, 4K resolution 50" TV @60Hz, HP Reverb G2 VR headset @ 90 Hz, Honeycomb Aeronautical Bravo Throttle Quadrant, be quiet 1000W PSU, Noctua NH-U12S chromax.black air cooler.

60-130 fps. no CPU overclocking.

very nice.

2 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

They released a sim which you can't properly use at night, with AA issues and a broken weather system.

Mmmm, yes, we all pity the folks who wanted to use XP as a filming rig to obtain air-to-air footage of an aircraft at night in front of non-illuminated clouds in Q1 '23. So sad.

I don't have the FPS complaints you are all shedding alligator tears over which means it's a perfectly and properly usable sim. 

If anything, XP12 is beating the competition in terms of the number of release problems....even 2 yrs after its release. Especially in the weather department.

4 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

its not happened over night, but over the last 10  plus years, Like most things that creep into our lives which we now just take "as the new normal"

You are 100% correct. Get over it?

It stops when people refuse to buy pay to beta stuff on all the platforms

That's not going to happen on any platform for any product. Get over it?

• Like 1

Friendly reminder: WHITELIST AVSIM IN YOUR AD-BLOCKER. Especially if you're on a modern CPU that can run a flight simulator well. These web servers aren't free...

They released a sim which you can't properly use at night

Why not?  What's the problem with night?

with AA issues and a broken weather system.

Both acknowledged by...everyone.  Including Laminar.  With more of an explanation by Cameron in another thread.  Complaining about it AFTER they acknowledged it, won't get it fixed any sooner.  Why do you feel the need to keep complaining about it?

Just because customers are not satisfied doesn't mean its trolling. 

There's a difference between not being satisfied...and being patient while waiting for a fix...and not being satisfied, repetitively, in a forum, that LR don't come to?  Have you filed bug reports?  (I won't ask you if you have X-Plane.  I already know the answer.)

We are all aware you seem to think Austin and his team are pariahs

Yes.  They are pariah's.  They can do no wrong.  (One of your more asinine comments)

they have released for sale too soon at Christmas

Do you celebrate Christmas in September???

which I agree so did MS and P3D in previous versions. 

And yet not a single complaint from you in those forums.  

My point it's until the developers in all platforms stop doing it I'll will continue to bang on about it

Why?  Are you somebody with enormous influence over what happens in the genre??

like others have said pay to beta

Excuse my being blunt, but what business is it of yours who spends money on what product?  You certainly don't have to "pay to beta".  And no one is forcing ANYONE to pay to beta.  Why is it any of your concern?

Just because you don't like my opinion or many others doesn't mean its trolling. 

I understand it's your opinion.  And it is my option to like or dislike it.  But you having an opinion means others, including myself, will have ours.  Isn't that the point of a forum?  To share opinions and to agree or disagree?  I'm sure you don't think you can stop me having an opinion on any of your posts...right?  And if you want me to boil it down for you...yes.  You're trolling.  But that's hardly any more offensive than you assuming I consider everyone at LR...pariah's.  Especially after I spent a year testing a product and submitting so many bug reports, I lost count.  But you go ahead and have your baseless opinions about other people.

All I want its developers to realease good quality products like they used too, all on platforms. 

And if they don't?  What then?  Will you continue on your crusade to ensure all developers put out good quality products (to suit YOUR standards).  Even though it'll never stop?  Even though every piece of software will have different levels of quality? What exactly IS a good quality product, according to you?  Where is your bar?  Do you go to the Flight Gear forums and pick out the problems in there?  Aerofly?  DCS?  Your content shows no criticisms in any forum, other than the X-Plane forum.  

Edited by GoranM
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, bogdansrb said:

So we only compare the bad things between the two sims?

When people said "but MSFS does this better" you said you're tired of people comparing the two.

Might want to read the last line.  

I'll paste it here for you.

I wasn't the one who posted anything negative about MSFS.  I'm actually not even objecting to have the CL in MSFS.  I personally think MSFS looks great, and I've said this in other threads.  

Edited by GoranM

4 hours ago, turbomax said:

shouldn't everybody experience this then?

how can LR release xperiment-12 "now in full release" with such obvious bugs! these black clouds are ugly anyway, even without that aliasing effect.

with trees 34 fps, without 23 fps. I thought the trees were causing loss of fps?

is that the aerobask DA-62? how are the sounds?

Have you thought that maybe there are issues either with the 4090 drivers or with x-plane compatibility with the GPU? 

Either way, since it's such a new GPU you should report things to Laminar, maybe it helps them troubleshoot.

As with the cloud issue, I've experienced it and I think many did, but not everyone reported it. It's been there since the betas. Personally I'm not that bothered by it since the performance issues.

The DA62 sounds are awesome. Look for reviews on youtube.

It stops when people refuse to buy pay to beta stuff on all the platforms

"it" being all flight sim development?

Why do you want flight sim development to stop?

AutoATC Developer