Sign in to follow this  
David Roch

FS Traffic released!

On 1/30/2023 at 11:19 PM, ParadiseFlight said:

One downside is it's not injecting new traffic after the initial traffic. So as aircraft leave and gates become available, they're not filling up again. That's fine when I'm setting up and departing soon, but I do enjoy just watching the traffic at times, and noticed this issue. I submitted a ticket.

Found that this is expected behavior, as mentioned in the manual. FST loads traffic one time at the start. Different than how FSLTL works, which is constantly adding new flights in real time. But not a big deal, unless you want to sit and view traffic for a while instead of departing on your own flight.

Quick message from Just Flight and especially the Dev team who brought you FS Traffic.

We're grateful to all of you who have purchased FS Traffic from us, that's to those who have it working nicely and to those who are currently experiencing  difficulties.  To those who are currently having difficulties we apologise and please be aware the team are working flat out to identify and fix the current issues that are blighting the program.

FS Traffic was tested extensively and by many pairs of eyes and the team were confident that what we released was predominantly bug-free and running well. Indeed it was for them and any other problems and bugs that had been reported during testing has been identified and fixed.  There was no rush to release in fact there was an opportunity to release in early December but that plan was put on hold due to some performance problems that we wanted to fix and optimise first. 

It's become quite the puzzle trying to sort out the main issues at play here, the lack of airport at destination airports has had us scratching our heads that's for sure, made worse in many respects because of the fact that it works for some but nor others when seemingly users are doing exactly the same thing. We're now looking deeply at individual cases to try to ascertain the cause of the problems.  If you've been in touch with our support team you could well be a body that is helping us in this respect, if so we thank you.  

Now if any of you are struggling and have not reported the issues to our support team can I ask that you do please?  We really do not want anyone spending money with is only to be left with something that's not working.  That doesn't sit well with us, we want to have it working well for every single user out there and if we arrive at a point where we're unable to have you up and flying and seeing the traffic you should be then we'll ensure you are reimbursed fully.  Aware some users have put FS Traffic away for a while and will return as and when there's news that it's back in a fit state. That's fine of course but if you're sitting on problems and we're able to take a look at all the varying circumstances in your set-up compared to other users then that might just help us figure things out sooner so again please don't hesitate to contact the support team.

In more promising news the team are actually working on a few things that they believe could be the root of evil and testing continues on that.  Tentatively speaking we're hopefully looking at a point next week when we'll be able to start putting together the next update that should if all goes well help with the functionality of the program greatly and should see the 'traffic' issues resolved.  Still relatively speaking a long way to go of course but the team are in the right area, looking at the right things and doing the right testing.

Thanks to everyone for their patience and rest assured we remain committed to getting this sorted so those affected can join the ranks of others who are enjoying and having a fulfilling time with FS Traffic as it stands.

Our support team can be reached here: https://support.justflight.com/support/home

Thank You.

Edited by JustFlightScott
  • Like 14
  • Upvote 3

2 hours ago, JustFlightScott said:

Now if any of you are struggling and have not reported the issues to our support team can I ask that you do please?  

Thanks for communicating with us, and a big thanks to the dev team to work on fixes. I get erratic traffic results, sometimes a lot, sometimes nothing. But I haven't submitted a ticket yet because, quite often, I simply don't know if traffic is supposed to be present. I fly a lot to small airports (e.g., CYVP), who may have a few flights in the FS traffic schedule, but I can't tell whether those flights have been injected or not. What would be really helpful would be a log file that lists all flights that FS Traffic has (tried to?) injected. Users could then get a much better idea whether they have an actual software problem, or the airport is so lonely because it is in real life, too.

Peter

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I'm  more than happy with FSLTL with the FStraffic models filling in the blanks. Much better than FST. Not the least because of the statics option meaning I get a fully populated airport. And there are planes at altitude.

Edited by jarmstro
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Axis3600 said:

What happens if I only install the FSTL injector and the FS Traffic liveries?

Depending on your injector settings you will either see a large number of generic models, blank liveries or basically not see many aircraft at all.

I saw on discord that FS Traffic has about half of the models and liveries that FSLTL has, so they recommend having FSLTL models as a fallback. Even so, I think it'as possible to increase the values of injected IFR aircraft to see if it compensates, but I don't know if it will be realistic this way.

2 hours ago, Axis3600 said:

What happens if I only install the FSTL injector and the FS Traffic liveries?

That's what I did. It worked really well for me. Very few blank airplanes. It could depend on the area, though. I fly in Canada a lot, and FS Traffic has better livery coverage there than FSLTL.

Edited by qqwertzde

Ok thank you.
I also deactivated the white liveries as well as the generic liveries.
So I'm going to try tonight.

Because I really find that the liveries of FS Traffic are really less greedy than those of FSTL.

What extra liveries are provided by Just Flight compared with FSLTL?

had an AIG pack - now deleted because of horrible lights detail (square lights on models)…

• Like 2

13 hours ago, jarmstro said:

I'm  more than happy with FSLTL with the FStraffic models filling in the blanks. Much better than FST. Not the least because of the statics option meaning I get a fully populated airport. And there are planes at altitude.

With FS Traffic you have an option in the control centre to increase the time before departure value which will fill your airports up. We also have implemented cruise traffic at altitude and there’s also a setting to increase this as you wish. Different solutions but they are both implemented. 

John - Just Flight. 

8 hours ago, John JF said:

We also have implemented cruise traffic at altitude and there’s also a setting to increase this as you wish.

This is great to hear! However I can't find this setting you mention, in v1.0.2.

Tried it again but for me with JFT I've just bought some models and liveries. FSLTL is the better option with the JFT models enabled. The FSLTL injector is so much better. Just Flight are superb developers and I have nothing but praise for them overall but they've dropped the ball with this release. It's sub par imo.

Edited by jarmstro

21 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

Tried it again but for me with JFT I've just bought some models and liveries. FSLTL is the better option with the JFT models enabled. The FSLTL injector is so much better. Just Flight are superb developers and I have nothing but praise for them overall but they've dropped the ball with this release. It's sub par imo.

FST definitely needs a few patches, but they will get there. But FSLTL has its own set of issues as well. One glaring issue is the fact that half the planes all leave the gate at essentially the same time, causing a traffic jam trying to depart. And the performance hit is considerable with FSLTL vs FST. So...we all wait for a better solution. FSLTL injection with FST models is about the best we can do for now, but hoping that changes here shortly.  

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

21 minutes ago, RobJC said:

FST definitely needs a few patches, but they will get there. But FSLTL has its own set of issues as well. One glaring issue is the fact that half the planes all leave the gate at essentially the same time, causing a traffic jam trying to depart. And the performance hit is considerable with FSLTL vs FST. So...we all wait for a better solution. FSLTL injection with FST models is about the best we can do for now, but hoping that changes here shortly.  

I don't see any noticeable difference between the two with the same amount of ai? Seems to me that the fps advantage that JFT has is because of the limited (very limited) range at which it injects the models?  You enter your destination airport and the only planes you are going to encounter are those flying exactly the same direct route as you?

Edited by jarmstro
  • Like 2

Many of the livery colour matches are just too far off compared to AIG or FSLTL. Also there are many of the ICAO idents and callsigns that are incorrect, it's easy to fix myself, but I shouldn't have to for paying $50. Lets see how the updates come along.

• Like 3

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS